OFSC groomer trace

coolbane

9 hours ago, 02Sled said:

I would love to see interest rates sky rocket to the levels of the 80's.

Considering the debt load the province is facing I doubt it will change any time soon. Really tough to spend way more than you have coming in for long. It's not sustainable. COVID has dug a real deep hole for us to climb out of.

Well that won't be happening. They will cut them again to get the dollar to stop running up.

11 hours ago, Yukon said:

Ford has a snowmobile, cottages in Muskoka. Inviting politicians is of more benefit for them for a photo op than anything. 

We have a new lobbyist working for us,time will tell how much flex we have.

The way we are being funded now, things are changing slowly on how it can be directed. But we have gone from 3.5 million down to $500,000 in support very quickly. Will that reverse? I'm not sure...

Yikes. Lots of organizations are facing funding short falls. You are right it will be tough to reverse it, back up to where it was.   Is ofsc allowed to run a deficit or once money is gone, season is over? 

7 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Can you imagine if they were showing logging & the map didn't get updated until 1/2 a day + after logging started due to lack of communication and an accident between a log truck and a sled took place in the mean time. Liability 

same thing would happen today by not showing any logging.

9 hours ago, barberch said:

same thing would happen today by not showing any logging.

Only today the map is not expected to be showing logging. Everyone knows it is up to them to be cautious especially on roads.

13 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Yikes. Lots of organizations are facing funding short falls. You are right it will be tough to reverse it, back up to where it was.   Is ofsc allowed to run a deficit or once money is gone, season is over? 

How can $ be gone when no snow=no grooming?

1 hour ago, Muskoka1 said:

There's a lot that happens before the first groomer rolls out. There's a big chunk that goes into insurance. Then trail work in general. Clearing, brushing, installing culverts, seasonal draining, bridge maintenance, replacement, construction, filling in damage caused by ATV's and trucks, repairs and maintenance on groomers so they can get out when possible, signage. Just some of what goes on in the background before the trails see a groomer and it takes money.

2 hours ago, Muskoka1 said:

I am not saying dollars are gone now just saying it could happen with short fall of funding. Have no idea what revenues versus expenses are this year.
O2, sums it up pretty good. 

I remember one year money ran dry and northern clubs like dub that have a long season and lots of trail ran out of fuel money. That year a local skidoo dealer from southern Ontario bought club another tank of diesel fuel to keep going. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

2 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

I am not saying dollars are gone now just saying it could happen with short fall of funding. Have no idea what revenues versus expenses are this year.
O2, sums it up pretty good. 

I remember one year money ran dry and northern clubs like dub that have a long season and lots of trail ran out of fuel money. That year a local skidoo dealer from southern Ontario bought club another tank of diesel fuel to keep going. 

@ least 60,000 permits sold @ $180 =10.8 mill.-gov't @ $500,000 is less than 5%!