OFSC groomer trace

coolbane

1 hour ago, bbakernbay said:

Who has some personal knowledge of an actual insurance claim against the OFSC/Club that actually had a bearing on what was posted on a Facebook page, club website or otherwise?

I would be interested in hearing the details.

As one of the Social media person for our club, they say less is more.  I don't know of any particular reason, however I suspect people have tried in the past

Let's face it, Quebec does it all better. There is no comparison. From trail reporting, lodging access, grooming, and sled friendly cities where they turn the sidewalk into a legal trail ta access services. They know what they are doing. No matter how hard we try, we cannot compete. Our government does not understand tourism at all.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, zoso said:

Let's face it, Quebec does it all better. There is no comparison. From trail reporting, lodging access, grooming, and sled friendly cities where they turn the sidewalk into a legal trail ta access services. They know what they are doing. No matter how hard we try, we cannot compete. Our government does not understand tourism at all.

Our government seems to not 'want' to understand either.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Our government seems to not 'want' to understand either.  

We need to lobby government. Ofsc has done allot of research on how much us snowmobilers put into winter economy.  Once covid is over we need to get Ford out on a snowmobile first hand. Try a snowmobile tourer was a great idea, if we can invite high profile government for a ride, better chance we can secure more funding. Even a groomer ride would be beneficial too. 

Edited by Strong Farmer
  • Like 2

On 1/5/2021 at 7:32 AM, Strong Farmer said:

we need to get Ford out on a snowmobile first hand

Sidewinder for the big guy?

We need to lobby government. Ofsc has done allot of research on how much us snowmobilers put into winter economy.  Once covid is over we need to get Ford out on a snowmobile first hand. Try a snowmobile tourer was a great idea, if we can invite high profile government for a ride, better chance we can secure more funding. Even a groomer ride would be beneficial too. 

Government is bankrupt!

9 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Not with ultra low interest rates. Don’t worry they can print stimulus money too. 

Provinces can't print $-feds didn't rescue provs. in '30's!

Just now, Muskoka1 said:

Provinces can't print $-feds didn't rescue provs. in '30's!

Look at real estate and land prices around here. Every family is a millionaire pretty much today. I remember 20 years ago saying if I had a million dollars I be rich. Once interest rates go up things will change. 

If Vegas was giving odds that our provincial or federal government would sink any meaningful amount of money into Ontario Snowmobiling on an on going basis, now or in the future, I'm sure they would be very long odds. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

If Vegas was giving odds that our provincial or federal government would sink any meaningful amount of money into Ontario Snowmobiling on an on going basis, now or in the future, I'm sure they would be very long odds. 

They never saved manufacturing, Now they are chipping away at our local produced food sources by giving away free access to our protected agriculture markets. We already import more milk, cheese and chicken,eggs etc then most countries in world. Now they gave away even more access. If any of free trading countries were next to USA they would want protection too. 
us imports zero of above products and only exports surplus at a loss because they get government subsidizes on a regular basis. I am not so optimistic about future at moment, Unless things change and everyone starts buying local produced goods and services. That’s really important going forward. With Amazon we could be a third world country in now time . Concerns me greatly. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Are you a millionaire PLC?. :wtf:

• Haha 1

Just a Tad off topic 

• Like 1

Ford has a snowmobile, cottages in Muskoka. Inviting politicians is of more benefit for them for a photo op than anything. 

We have a new lobbyist working for us,time will tell how much flex we have.

The way we are being funded now, things are changing slowly on how it can be directed. But we have gone from 3.5 million down to $500,000 in support very quickly. Will that reverse? I'm not sure...

• Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2021 at 8:13 PM, barberch said:

I like it. I would also like it if they could show where logging is taking place on a trail and where a trail is actually on a road. fingers crossed.....

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2021 at 8:20 PM, Turbo Doo said:

With some data being real time info, and some of that data changing daily, i would think it would get to a point of needing someone to watch over it 24/7. Depending on data and detail level. 

all these nice to haves are totally reliant on volunteers who are already busy prepping and maintaining trails and who would also like to ride just as much as you do if not more. They would like to enjoy the results of their volunteer labour. Who would you like to provide all the nice to haves that people have been saying they want. Should the volunteers ride less so that those who don't volunteer can have their wish list?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Look at real estate and land prices around here. Every family is a millionaire pretty much today. I remember 20 years ago saying if I had a million dollars I be rich. Once interest rates go up things will change. 

I would love to see interest rates sky rocket to the levels of the 80's.

1 hour ago, Yukon said:

Ford has a snowmobile, cottages in Muskoka. Inviting politicians is of more benefit for them for a photo op than anything. 

We have a new lobbyist working for us,time will tell how much flex we have.

The way we are being funded now, things are changing slowly on how it can be directed. But we have gone from 3.5 million down to $500,000 in support very quickly. Will that reverse? I'm not sure...

Considering the debt load the province is facing I doubt it will change any time soon. Really tough to spend way more than you have coming in for long. It's not sustainable. COVID has dug a real deep hole for us to climb out of.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2021 at 8:20 PM, Turbo Doo said:

With some data being real time info, and some of that data changing daily, i would think it would get to a point of needing someone to watch over it 24/7. Depending on data and detail level. 

Can you imagine if they were showing logging & the map didn't get updated until 1/2 a day + after logging started due to lack of communication and an accident between a log truck and a sled took place in the mean time. Liability 

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Can you imagine if they were showing logging & the map didn't get updated until 1/2 a day + after logging started due to lack of communication and an accident between a log truck and a sled took place in the mean time. Liability 

Exactly why they don't 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

They never saved manufacturing, Now they are chipping away at our local produced food sources by giving away free access to our protected agriculture markets. We already import more milk, cheese and chicken,eggs etc then most countries in world. Now they gave away even more access. If any of free trading countries were next to USA they would want protection too. 
us imports zero of above products and only exports surplus at a loss because they get government subsidizes on a regular basis. I am not so optimistic about future at moment, Unless things change and everyone starts buying local produced goods and services. That’s really important going forward. With Amazon we could be a third world country in now time . Concerns me greatly. 

producer associations need to do more to promote Canadian product. I want clear labeling. I do not want milk or meat and eggs from anywhere but Canada.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

if the trail is green and a logging truck hits a sled.....guess what.

12 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Exactly-as will debt service-real estate is a highly leveraged hot potato!