D Trail Powassan Area

tricky

Currently the D trail is closed north of Sundridge to the A101D, preventing a link to Bonfield. Does anyone here know if this is a simple lack of snow/frost and the long road section? Hoping that might be open later this week. Any Chance?

The Forestry Road section is ok.

Edited by Blake G

From two weeks ago. At that time a tracked vehicle (but not a snowmobile) had ventured north into the bush on D from Forestry Road.

20201217_131842.jpg

Edited by Blake G

Thanks Blake. Has there been more snow that stayed since then?

51 minutes ago, stoney said:

There is this update on the Snowcrest FB page about the D trail and losing it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/148875491815624

and there is a work around as well !!! :right_on:

That's a fine piece of planning and execution, led by Du Ya Wanna Club President, Del Snyder.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tricky said:

Thanks Blake. Has there been more snow that stayed since then?

From what I can tell, snow receded, but has returned to a similar level.

4 hours ago, tricky said:

Currently the D trail is closed north of Sundridge to the A101D, preventing a link to Bonfield. Does anyone here know if this is a simple lack of snow/frost and the long road section? Hoping that might be open later this week. Any Chance? It has been groomed at least once. I road in off Foresty rd to Trout creek on Saturday and it was decent. We definitely need cold weather for things to improve.

7 hours ago, Blake G said:

From what I can tell, snow receded, but has returned to a similar level.

I wish I could say the same about my hair...

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, tricky said:

Currently the D trail is closed north of Sundridge to the A101D, preventing a link to Bonfield. Does anyone here know if this is a simple lack of snow/frost and the long road section? Hoping that might be open later this week. Any Chance?

some wet sections in there. its now been packed/brushed with the groomer, should open soon.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Re:Leaf said:

I wish I could say the same about my hair...

Same here !!

1 hour ago, -crz- said:

some wet sections in there. its now been packed/brushed with the groomer, should open soon.

Got to love the local knowledge available here. Thanks. Should be a bit colder Thursday, Friday. 

18 hours ago, Blake G said:

That's a fine piece of planning and execution, led by Du Ya Wanna Club President, Del Snyder.

X2. To get that new trail cut and ready is amazing. Just that creek is abit of an issue. They said land owner pulled permission for no apparent reason too. Should be a seasonal lease with a tax rebate for land owner, so this comes to an end. We need to lobby government for some kind of land tax credit for trail system on private land. Snow ball that is going to be too big and roll out of control soon. We need to do something. Maybe a letter would get governments attention. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

X2. To get that new trail cut and ready is amazing. Just that creek is abit of an issue. They said land owner pulled permission for no apparent reason too. Should be a seasonal lease with a tax rebate for land owner, so this comes to an end. We need to lobby government for some kind of land tax credit for trail system on private land. Snow ball that is going to be too big and roll out of control soon. We need to do something. Maybe a letter would get governments attention. 

The way I read it was the landowner denied permission due to people riding off trail. The club rep says he patrols that section of trail and there is little if any off trail riding. Sometimes all it may take is one off trail scenario that particularly irks the land owner.

Great job by the club in finding and establishing a reroute to compensate for the trail loss though.

Edited by 02Sled