Schaeffer 2-stroke oil

Sledguy74

Saw as on Snowmobiler TV for Schaeffer synthetic 2-stroke oil.......anyone heard of it? use it ? 
thx

I've heard of them but have never seen any of their product (even in the US).

https://www.schaefferoil.com/

Are they a sponsor of the show this season?

Hard to say if they'd be blending their own oil or rebranding an oil from another refiner. My advice is to stick w/ an oil that you've been using before or has been around. Every so often brands pop up & are supposed to be the latest thing since sliced bread. Was it Ipone or Silkolene that smelled like strawberries? I know they may be popular oils in Europe, I don't think they've done well in the North American sled market. 

I seem to remember Supertrax or OSM 'pushing' an oil a few years ago (Legend?) Then a few years ago Mystik appears out of nowhere.

Ya I hear you, just curious if anyone used it and how it worked 

I saw the ad and was just curious 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sledguy74 said:

Ya I hear you, just curious if anyone used it and how it worked 

I saw the ad and was just curious 

What’s wrong with Polaris oil besides price? Those guys get product for free to do a review. I always used manufacturer oil except Yamaha’s no synthetic available then, so I used shell, since it was easy to find at gas stations at the time. 

26 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

What’s wrong with Polaris oil besides price? Those guys get product for free to do a review. I always used manufacturer oil except Yamaha’s no synthetic available then, so I used shell, since it was easy to find at gas stations at the time. 

Used to use Castrol in pre-SDI sleds. Interceptor in the SDIs (everyone hated the stink of the BRP synthetic oil). I'm using Mobil 1 0W40 in the ACE now.

9 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Notice any difference over brp oil? 

After switching to the Interceptor I had no complaints from the peanut gallery. With the Mobil 1 that a lot of folks use (and BRP says in the manual as long as it's API SM it's OK to use) CTC has it on sale every so often. I have no idea what the XPS 4stroke oil goes for.

4 minutes ago, revrnd said:

After switching to the Interceptor I had no complaints from the peanut gallery. With the Mobil 1 that a lot of folks use (and BRP says in the manual as long as it's API SM it's OK to use) CTC has it on sale every so often. I have no idea what the XPS 4stroke oil goes for.

ALOT....

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Never complained about oil price, use amsoil or Polaris . Schaeffer was a brand I never heard of. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sledguy74 said:

Never complained about oil price, use amsoil or Polaris . Schaeffer was a brand I never heard of. 

At least it's not a zombie brand like Bell & Howell...

Or Motorola... :roll:

Ipone has a strawberry scented oil. 

Their 2T bike oil is VERY highly rated. 

I just use it in my KTM to annoy fellow riders on occasion. 

Some guys fart in an elevator, I use Ipone. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, manotickmike said:

Or Motorola... :roll:

Ipone has a strawberry scented oil. 

Their 2T bike oil is VERY highly rated. 

I just use it in my KTM to annoy fellow riders on occasion. 

Some guys fart in an elevator, I use Ipone. 

Thanks! I wasn't sure if the strawberry oil was Ipone or Silkolene.

I wasn't knocking those brands but they had a tough row to hoe if they wanted to make in roads in the sled oil market. You have the OEM  brands & a few other aftermarket brands, Shell, Castrol & Amsoil. I'm sure you can name some bike oil brands, but they're likely unknown to guys that aren't dirt bikers.