Snowmobile Trail Closures and Problems

Turbo Doo

4 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

You are correct Stoney. If you have Facebook you can search for their page and follow the posts. They did what the OPP told them they had to do and then went looking to find the updated information and answers to there questions. Sounds like they found out the OPP were wrong in what they told the Forest people.

What a surprise, wrong information being provided.....but in fairness, even the police and fire chiefs were questioning the new restrictions, it went something along the lines, how can I train or request my team to enforce rules that the SLM does not even understand.....

4 minutes ago, stoney said:

What a surprise, wrong information being provided.....but in fairness, even the police and fire chiefs were questioning the new restrictions, it went something along the lines, how can I train or request my team to enforce rules that the SLM does not even understand.....

I saw an interview with one of the GTA police chiefs the day the state of emergency was announced. He clearly stated that they did not yet know what the restriction parameters were or what was expected of them. He also said that there was a conference call scheduled with the Attorney General and the chiefs of police to go over the parameters so that they would all get their questions answered and that they would all here the same message.

20 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I saw an interview with one of the GTA police chiefs the day the state of emergency was announced. He clearly stated that they did not yet know what the restriction parameters were or what was expected of them. He also said that there was a conference call scheduled with the Attorney General and the chiefs of police to go over the parameters so that they would all get their questions answered and that they would all here the same message.

Yep, saw that too. 

On 1/16/2021 at 8:45 AM, Muskoka1 said:

Prob. hundreds=Schliefenbaum descended from German royalty-really old $!

No royalty or old money in the Schliefenbaum family, Peters dad was a mining engineer that bought a bunch at the time logged out scrub land no one wanted for a mere $7 an acre. Peter is a self made hard working well educated millionaire. 

"In the first half of the 20th century, Canadian lumber companies so thoroughly logged Haliburton Forest that by the 1960s it had almost no value. In 1962 Adolf Schleifenbaum, a German mining engineer, bought the forest for $7 an acre. Nine years later, he crashed his plane in Germany and died. His son Peter was nine"

https://financialpost.com/news/haliburton-forests-peter-schleifenbaum-is-a-modern-lumber-baron-but-hardly-typical

Edited by Nutter
  • Like 1

On 1/16/2021 at 3:15 PM, stoney said:

Yes the knee jerk reaction from a vague and politically charged message made a lot of people flinch.