Snowmobile Trail Closures and Problems

Turbo Doo

5 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Which is totally fair - it's up to the Government to outline this.

government has outlined it. 

you can travel to your preferred exercise if it is allowed under the stage 1 order. 

13 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

government has outlined it. 

you can travel to your preferred exercise if it is allowed under the stage 1 order. 

I know, and according to the Stage 1 - there are no travel restrictions in the province.

Good to go.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I could be wrong, but we arent in Stage 1 anymore are we?  

I am kind of over this.   I am not going to get all worked up about.   I cant believe some of the responses I see from the Facebook Keyboard Warriors.    

At this point, my brand new sled is sitting in trailer with 155kms on it.    If we get local snow, I will take it for a rip but I am not going to trailer up north to ride.   Hopefully this lockdown ends on Family Day Weekend and I will do my best to cram a seasons worth of riding into 6 weeks.     

• Like 1

Cancelled my trip to Cochrane next week and pushed back the reservation to Kirkland Lake in Feb by a few weeks. Just waiting for the trail that runs allong my property to go yellow so hopefully I can at least get a few Km's on. This reminds me of 2016 when the trails were closed in Bracebridge area for land owner reasons, all I could do is look at my new sled in the garage and wax it every week. 

59 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I am kind of over this.   I am not going to get all worked up about.   I cant believe some of the responses I see from the Facebook Keyboard Warriors.    

At this point, my brand new sled is sitting in trailer with 155kms on it.    If we get local snow, I will take it for a rip but I am not going to trailer up north to ride.   Hopefully this lockdown ends on Family Day Weekend and I will do my best to cram a seasons worth of riding into 6 weeks.     

Stage 1 is still in affect but been enhanced with the latest stay at home order.

Below are a couple if ref where in the stay at home order it refers to the stage 1 and to be ref.

Obtaining goods and services 
5. Obtaining fod, beverages and personal care items.
6. Obtaining goods or services that are necessary fr the health or safety of an
individual, including health care services and medications.
7. Obtaining goods, obtaining services, or perfrming such activities as are necessary fr
the safe operation, maintenance and sanitation of households, businesses, means of
transportation or other places.
8. Purchasing or picking up goods through an alterative method of sale, such as
curbside pickup, fom a business or place that is pe1mitted to provide curbside pickup
under the Stage 1 Order.
9. Attending an appointment at a business or place that is pe1mitted to be open by
appointment under the Stage 1 Order.

16. Exercising, including,
1. walking or moving around outdoors using an assistive mobility device, or
ii. using an outdoor recreational amenity that is permitted to be open under the
Stage 1 Order.

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

We are in Stage 1 of the Re-Opening Act - New "Stay at Home Order" is attached to it and was issued under the Emergency Act/Stage 1 Re-Opening Act that Ford re-implemented after falling out of his chair watching the colorful slideshow from the doctors.

We're all over it - there has been zero sense of normalcy since March of last year.

Lockdown ending by the first 30 days is NEVER going to happen - we're pinned now and we'll be here for 6 months is my guess.

49 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

We are in Stage 1 of the Re-Opening Act - New "Stay at Home Order" is attached to it and was issued under the Emergency Act/Stage 1 Re-Opening Act that Ford re-implemented after falling out of his chair watching the colorful slideshow from the doctors.

We're all over it - there has been zero sense of normalcy since March of last year.

Lockdown ending by the first 30 days is NEVER going to happen - we're pinned now and we'll be here for 6 months is my guess.

april 1st you will see reopening

friend of mine  is going to do some sledding in Haliburton this coming Saturday. I hope that he will not be stopped by policy and ticketed for that.

I washed/polished my sleds this am,  put stabilizer in the gas, locked up my trailer and put it all in a storage compound.   Wont be surprised if I dont see it til next fall.

Called my buddy and told him to not let me order a new sled under any circumstance.  I have him on the hunt for a new dirt bike for me.    I can fiddle with it in my garage for the next 6 weeks getting it ready for the spring.   

I have a bad feeling that sled season is over for me.    I am bummed out big time.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I washed/polished my sleds this am,  put stabilizer in the gas, locked up my trailer and put it all in a storage compound.   Wont be surprised if I dont see it til next fall.

Called my buddy and told him to not let me order a new sled under any circumstance.  I have him on the hunt for a new dirt bike for me.    I can fiddle with it in my garage for the next 6 weeks getting it ready for the spring.   

I have a bad feeling that sled season is over for me.    I am bummed out big time.   

Yup..

13 minutes ago, scottyr said:

It would be nice if we had cold snow around here, we could at least ride in our health region. But. Anyways,.....:wtf:

If we could ride around home, I would be out all the time but the last time I have ridden from my house was in 2017.    We had 2-3 weekends last winter but I was on vacation then.   The chances of me getting out more than 1-2x from home this year are slim to nil based on previous years.   

I honestly think that this will cause a few long time riders (me) to pack it in altogether.   Sledding is without a doubt, the most stressful hobby you can do.   It is dependent on too many factors outside your control.    

Edited by scottyr
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, scottyr said:

Sledding is without a doubt, the most stressful hobby you can do.   It is dependent on too many factors outside your control.    

Yup, but that is why the LCBO is deemed essential, and I went there Tuesday PM after Dougie's news release and stocked up big time!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

It is dependent on too many factors outside your control. 

Wife is on me about getting a quad or side by side instead. I don't enjoy it as much, but her argument is you get 5 or 6 months of use. Starting to lean towards her being right:blink:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Poo Man said:

Wife is on me about getting a quad or side by side instead. I don't enjoy it as much, but her argument is you get 5 or 6 months of use. Starting to lean towards her being right:blink:

Careful now, you do not want to openly admit that....

Come to a happy medium and tell her you need both - best of both worlds!

• Like 1

I have 2 Seadoos and although they arent as much fun as sledding by any stretch of the imagination, I know it will be summer and they will be used.   The only bad thing that can happen is that it rains.

The Seadoos are something that we can use as a family.   My wife and kids all pile on and he head up the Marine Railway a couple times a summer for an all day tour.

5 hours ago, scottyr said:

I would not be surprised to hear people that trailered to ride for a day, return to find their trailer and truck have been vandalized.

18 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I have 2 Seadoos and although they arent as much fun as sledding by any stretch of the imagination, I know it will be summer and they will be used.   The only bad thing that can happen is that it rains.

The Seadoos are something that we can use as a family.   My wife and kids all pile on and he head up the Marine Railway a couple times a summer for an all day tour.

We use them so much - they are a lot of fun.

Don't worry about rain - wear goggles :)

6 hours ago, scottyr said:

x2  like

Just read that the Haliburton Forest is only allowing people who live in Haliburton county to ride on their trails and they will be screening everyone to prove that they do live there. 

Haliburton falls within the Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge public health unit.