Snowmobile Trail Closures and Problems

Turbo Doo

2 minutes ago, thetorches said:

It says snowmobiling can stay open. It also says you can leave home to exercise and snowmobiling is considered exercise. These rules are so confusing.

lol...driving your truck and trailer with snowmobiles in it, for 100 or so KMS can hardly be seen as exercise....

Just now, vooodooo said:

lol...driving your truck and trailer with snowmobiles in it, for 100 or so KMS can hardly be seen as exercise....

When I get there I will be excercising.

lol we can say whatever we want but it is not going to fly any way. we are done for now (((

• Like 1

I will consider use local trails from my cottage until OFSC shut them down. 

I wont be surprised if the OFSC temporarily closes trails until this order ends.   There is F-All for snow in Ontario and the people in Northern Ontario are going to be screaming about the amount of southerners using the trails.    I can see this being a PR move for the OFSC to stay on the good side of the Ford Govt.  

So if the trails are allowed to be open, and we do get snow, what about the groomer  operators that have to drive to get to the machine,

Not essential travel, A lot of clubs might not bother until lock down is over

4 hours ago, scottyr said:

Yep.   I now can see the OPP pulling guys over towing a big trailer up the 400 and asking what they are doing.     The last restrictions were just a suggestion.   I think that the new State Of Emergency will be tough to circumvent.   I have rooms booked in Cochrane this weekend and will be cancelling shortly.   I dont need the aggravation of getting pulled over by the OPP on the highway or on the trails.  

Has travel been restricted. I have not read that. Do you have a link please.?

4 hours ago, scottyr said:

Yep.   I now can see the OPP pulling guys over towing a big trailer up the 400 and asking what they are doing.     The last restrictions were just a suggestion.   I think that the new State Of Emergency will be tough to circumvent.   I have rooms booked in Cochrane this weekend and will be cancelling shortly.   I dont need the aggravation of getting pulled over by the OPP on the highway or on the trails.  

There was a statement about no short term stays at hotels etc so they masy cancel anyway

I just found it on government site. No non essential travel. I guess when the cop pulls me over I am moving north to live. On my way back, due to a conflict with new landlord I am returning to prior residence. I will not be denied my sledding.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, GTC said:

So if the trails are allowed to be open, and we do get snow, what about the groomer  operators that have to drive to get to the machine,

Not essential travel, A lot of clubs might not bother until lock down is over

Groomer operators would be no different than the person on the Olympia ice cleaner at the outdoor skating rink. He has to travel to work.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, zoso said:

I just found it on government site. No non essential travel. I guess when the cop pulls me over I am moving north to live. On my way back, due to a conflict with new landlord I am returning to prior residence. I will not be denied my sledding.

If there is no non-essential travel, why are non-essential businesses still allowed to be open.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vooodooo said:

I don't know.

"I had a good workout today. Sledding's my exercise of choice, and the trails are closed around my house." 

Not sure how convincing that sounded. Still true, though. 

Edited by Blake G

7 minutes ago, thetorches said:

If there is no non-essential travel, why are non-essential businesses still allowed to be open.

I've been wondering the same thing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blake G said:

I don't know.

"I had a good workout today. Sledding's my exercise of choice, and the trails are closed around my house." 

Not sure how convincing that sounded. Still true, though. 

If you took at least one other person with you, you and your rig would be essential to getting him his exercise. I'd buy it!

3 hours ago, thetorches said:

It says snowmobiling can stay open. It also says you can leave home to exercise and snowmobiling is considered exercise. These rules are so confusing.

Just tell the police that you need to get to some open trails to exercise your right thumb!,

2 minutes ago, coolbane said:

When do these restrictions come into effect?

Thursday I heard

9 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

If you took at least one other person with you, you and your rig would be essential to getting him his exercise. I'd buy it!

PLC FOR ATTORNEY GENERAL!!

1 hour ago, thetorches said:

How come groups of five can gather? The rules are convoluted and confusing. I am pretty sure they will be nailing people for traveling. Fascism is here. Be careful what you ask for. The power has clearly gone to their heads.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, zoso said:

How come groups of five can gather? The rules are convoluted and confusing. I am pretty sure they will be nailing people for traveling. Fascism is here. Be careful what you ask for. The power has clearly gone to their heads.

I heard it took them five days of discussion to come up with these confusing rules. 

• Haha 1

If you are exposed to Covid you are asked to isolate for 14 days.

We know it takes 2 or 3 days for test results to come back.

We know the results being reported are always a few days old before being released.  Maybe even a week at times.

so 6 or 7 days to get test results out to politicians for planning.   

Add 7 to 10 days for symptoms.  2 to 3 plus weeks in time.

So results released this week would be the tail results of Just Before Christmas Day possibly before the Dec 26 restrictions started?  

Or From just after Dec 25 when infections could widely spread during family gatherings?

If cases start to drop this week or next is it a result of the new measures initiated today starting Thursday or the measures in place since Dec 26?

I think the politicians have no real clue WTF they are doing, how the results are interpreted and are throwing darts blindly hoping the rates drop and they can relax.  

• Like 1

As far as im concerned if theres snow and the trails are open im sleding this year and if the cops want to write me up so be it.I will challenge in court of law  under constitutional clauses in a court thats not even open and as a small business person being shut down for god knows when ever  i got all the time in the world  to challenge 

• Like 2

Sometimes you gotta take a stand against WWW.Gov /bureaucracy/bullshit.ca and believe me when I say this is only the beginning....  

• Like 3