Snowmobile Trail Closures and Problems

Turbo Doo

Trails should remain open - still allowed 5 people in social gathering outside - I assume no change?

8 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

Stay at home order     We are done for now    gonna get fined if we are out and about when its not neccessary  

That's how I unfortunately read it as well. Maybe tell the cop your on your way to Wal-Mart to buy a tv? That's essential

Edited by Poo Man

So can you be outside or not? That is a question. If yes, I see no difference between  walk, bicycle or snowmobile... 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

Stay at home order     We are done for now    gonna get fined if we are out and about when its not neccessary  

think you are correct

can't find any info for how long this will be in effect

2 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

28 days for now     if you can sled without trailering prob can go for it      trailers will have a big target on them 

Yep.   I now can see the OPP pulling guys over towing a big trailer up the 400 and asking what they are doing.     The last restrictions were just a suggestion.   I think that the new State Of Emergency will be tough to circumvent.   I have rooms booked in Cochrane this weekend and will be cancelling shortly.   I dont need the aggravation of getting pulled over by the OPP on the highway or on the trails.  

1 minute ago, Spiderman said:

Sorry, question, what is the charge?

In this state of emergency, there is a stay at home order for the exception of going to an essential job, grocery store, pharmacy etc...   Tough to prove that you are doing any of that in New Liskeard with a 24ft sled trailer on the back when you live in Waterloo.     You will be in contravention of the Order.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, scottyr said:

In this state of emergency, there is a stay at home order for the exception of going to an essential job, grocery store, pharmacy etc...   Tough to prove that you are doing any of that in New Liskeard with a 24ft sled trailer on the back when you live in Waterloo.     You will be in contravention of the Order.   

Thank you, was curious what the charge/fine would be for that.

Easy pickings for the OPP on the highway - but pretty hard for them to pull over every car on the road.

Cheers,

8 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Thank you, was curious what the charge/fine would be for that.

Easy pickings for the OPP on the highway - but pretty hard for them to pull over every car on the road.

Cheers,

True, but the trucks with 24ft sled trailers on the back will be sticking out like a sore thumb.   

• Like 1

The Set Fines listed on the Ont Govt site are:

Schedule 4.0.1
Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act
Item Offence Section Set Fine
1. Fail to comply with an order made during a declared emergency 7.0.11 (1) (a) $750.00
2. Obstruct any person exercising a power in accordance with an order made during a declared emergency 7.0.11 (1) (a) $1000.00
3. Obstruct any person performing a duty in accordance with an order made during a declared emergency 7.0.11 (1) (a) $1000.00
Schedule 80.1
Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act, 2020
1. Fail to comply with a continued section 7.0.2 order 10 (1) (a) $750.00
2. Obstruct any person exercising a power in accordance with a continued section 7.0.2 order 10 (1) (a) $1000.00
3. Obstruct any person performing a duty in accordance with a continued section 7.0.2 order 10 (1) (a) $1000.00

I would assume there would be Victim Surcharges added t those fines.as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Big Pete said:

The Set Fines listed on the Ont Govt site are:

Schedule 4.0.1
Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act
1. Fail to comply with an order made during a declared emergency 7.0.11 (1) (a) $750.00
2. Obstruct any person exercising a power in accordance with an order made during a declared emergency 7.0.11 (1) (a) $1000.00
3. Obstruct any person performing a duty in accordance with an order made during a declared emergency 7.0.11 (1) (a) $1000.00
Schedule 80.1
Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act, 2020
1. Fail to comply with a continued section 7.0.2 order 10 (1) (a) $750.00
2. Obstruct any person exercising a power in accordance with a continued section 7.0.2 order 10 (1) (a) $1000.00
3. Obstruct any person performing a duty in accordance with a continued section 7.0.2 order 10 (1) (a) $1000.00

I would assume there would be Victim Surcharges added t those fines.as well.

Perfect, thanks for this.

1 hour ago, Candubrain said:

can't find any info for how long this will be in effect

edit:

Original post was misinformed. 30 days is what I gather. 

Edited by Yukon
  • Thanks 1

There is no way that this will end after 14 days.    When it is extended, it can be for another 28 days.    I bet we are into this until Feb 25.   

4 minutes ago, scottyr said:

There is no way that this will end after 14 days.    When it is extended, it can be for another 28 days.    I bet we are into this until Feb 25.   

Yeah I saw 30 days. post corrected. Emergency act must have been updated since the beginning of this. 

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

Yep.   I now can see the OPP pulling guys over towing a big trailer up the 400 and asking what they are doing.     The last restrictions were just a suggestion.   I think that the new State Of Emergency will be tough to circumvent.   I have rooms booked in Cochrane this weekend and will be cancelling shortly.   I dont need the aggravation of getting pulled over by the OPP on the highway or on the trails.  

We  cancelled 2 trips     sucks for the businesses big time too     they are also losing out big time  

2 hours ago, andreyboater said:

So can you be outside or not? That is a question. If yes, I see no difference between  walk, bicycle or snowmobile... 

It says snowmobiling can stay open. It also says you can leave home to exercise and snowmobiling is considered exercise. These rules are so confusing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

You can leave your home to excercise. I'm trailering to my excercise spot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1