Snowmobile Trail Closures and Problems

Turbo Doo

Just a quick rant here. To all the entitled people out there who think just because you own a sled, your entitled to ride and do whatever the :soapbox: you want. Looking at some Facebook posts tonight, i am amazed at just how arrogant some peeps are. I, just like alot of you out there, enjoy the sport, and am just dying to get out. But come on people. Especially this year, with whats going on, this is a sure way to put this sport 6 feet under, fast....

Stay the :soapbox: home and keep them parked if you cannot figure out most trails are not open.  This is ridiculous...

Screenshot_20201229-201007_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20201229-200941_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20201229-200957_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Sad 3

People who don't give a rats azz will always be. Makes it hard for the land owners to even agree to let the trail run across there property given all the bad press this sport gets. 

We had a reroute in the southern part of mount forest going towards Arthur. It's plainly marked so should be easy to navigate 

Edited by ToSlow

2 minutes ago, ToSlow said:

People who don't give a rats azz will always be. Makes it hard for the land owners to even agree to let the trail run across there property given all the bad press this sport gets. 

We had a reroute in the southern part of mount forest going towards Arthur. It's plainly marked so should be easy to navigate 

Even plainly marked, like the snow fencing Orillia District snowmobile club has shown there, doesn't stop the STUPIDITY...

7 minutes ago, gobills said:

Saw these as well too bad were losing trails by the day.

Just what the sport doesn't need. We already face weather,  political and alot of other challenges,  this is just the icing on the death blow cake...

Edited by Turbo Doo

Today my neighbour saw 8 sleds collected/stopped by opp in Elmvale. Looked like they were going through their paperwork. This was at the road crossing between all closed trail sections (for miles). Could the opp charge them with trespassing? Even if the charges don’t stick, it could be a nice annoyance. Do they get to ride the trails “back home” or do they have to sideroad back? Here the trails look like they are open, so much traffic on them with some even doubled up on sleds. The off trail rider(s) that left long mudpatches on the farmers field is asking for trouble. She owns crucial land the trails goes on. She already banned hunting on it, after one bad apple.  

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Johnny (Deanlea beach) said:

Today my neighbour saw 8 sleds collected/stopped by opp in Elmvale. Looked like they were going through their paperwork. This was at the road crossing between all closed trail sections (for miles). Could the opp charge them with trespassing? Even if the charges don’t stick, it could be a nice annoyance. Do they get to ride the trails “back home” or do they have to sideroad back? Here the trails look like they are open, so much traffic on them with some even doubled up on sleds. The off trail rider(s) that left long mudpatches on the farmers field is asking for trouble. She owns crucial land the trails goes on. She already banned hunting on it, after one bad apple.  

even if they don't charge them, ay least the word will be out there that they have a presence 

2 minutes ago, Johnny (Deanlea beach) said:

There all trespassing if the trails closed. 

• Thanks 1

There has always been, and will always be, those who are ignorant and those who just don't give a shit.

The trails near my house (which has about 6 inches of snow currently) have been well used the last few days by the same people who ran them while closed last year. They have been told several times to stay off.

Nothing changes.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Poo Man said:

Only trails left down here will be the rail trails due to these losers.

the rail trails are also in jeopardy as well because of the insurance, plus they are a all purpose. i think hillsburgh lost some rail trail a couple yrs back

Considering the behaviour that we've witnessed this year, why would anyone expect the start of this winter to be any different?

Everyone is in a (fill in the blank) hurry & doesn't care about how their actions affect others. And yes they'll be the 1st to complain when their favourite trail is closed.

• Like 1

Unbelievable to see this again and again.. Over the weekend I was in the parry sound area and there were quite a few sleds riding the closed trails. 

1 minute ago, Turbo Doo said:

Joke or no joke, still doesn't do the sport any good imo...

Tons of stuff on Facebook right now is nothing more than bullshit being posted to upset the Karens of the world.

These people get off on the over reaction and tons of people fall for it. If people stopped reacting, it would go away but that won't happen so........

• Like 4

All these posts just gives peoples ideas. So far there are no gates involved. Hopefully we don’t loose any trails since with covid hard to go and negotiate it back. I have already seen some upset land owners online, that have threatened to call cops. Surely not all a drama show. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

43 minutes ago, iangj said:

Residents in Cochrane are upset that people from outside the region are in the area for snowmobiling:

https://northernontario.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=2109099

While i am choosing to be neutral on the topic of To travel or not To Travel during the lockdown, it would be interesting to hear from the business owners.  Our first trip north is booked for after the lockdown,  so time will tell...

3 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Just a quick rant here. To all the entitled people out there who think just because you own a sled, your entitled to ride and do whatever the :soapbox: you want. Looking at some Facebook posts tonight, i am amazed at just how arrogant some peeps are. I, just like alot of you out there, enjoy the sport, and am just dying to get out. But come on people. Especially this year, with whats going on, this is a sure way to put this sport 6 feet under, fast....

Stay the :soapbox: home and keep them parked if you cannot figure out most trails are not open.  This is ridiculous...

Stay away from 705 Snowmobiles Jeff.... Unfortunately the sport seems to attract a lot of residents that seem to swim in the shallow end of the gene pool. 

Someone was moaning about the trails not being open. I passed a bullrush filled ditch east of Cardiff. It looked far from ready to be open just because there is snow up here. These clowns would be the 1st to go after the club or OFSC after they take out a stump.

• Like 1