b103

paul

Forgot to mention. Did the bypass around 20 k zone in fenlon on cameron lake was smooth and fast had the old girl well past the century mark

• Like 3

Damn, I decided not to go into Fenelon as the trail was really brown last week. I would have loved to get the ol' turbo spooled up!!

• Like 1

Anyone ride the rail trail yesterday. If so, how is holding up.

1 hour ago, thetorches said:

Anyone ride the rail trail yesterday. If so, how is holding up.

It held up as long as it could, we actually trailered Friday and Saturday to ride the Paudash E because we knew it would be crazy here. Kinmount lot was rammed by 9am Saturday. We didn't ride yesterday, trail was in bad shape (ridden out) Not worth the drive until we get more snow.

Livin' 

28 minutes ago, livin' on the b103 said:

It held up as long as it could, we actually trailered Friday and Saturday to ride the Paudash E because we knew it would be crazy here. Kinmount lot was rammed by 9am Saturday. We didn't ride yesterday, trail was in bad shape (ridden out) Not worth the drive until we get more snow.

Livin' 

How was the E, 605, 606, etc....

1 hour ago, stoney said:

How was the E, 605, 606, etc....

The E was really good Friday and almost as good Saturday, we didn't do any side trails except we poked in on the trail # 608? on Saturday and they hadn't been through. Talked with the club President and he told us they had all groomers out on both days. Way less traffic than our home trails, heard you could get up to Lake St Peter. I'll leave it at that!!

Livin'

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, livin' on the b103 said:

The E was really good Friday and almost as good Saturday, we didn't do any side trails except we poked in on the trail # 608? on Saturday and they hadn't been through. Talked with the club President and he told us they had all groomers out on both days. Way less traffic than our home trails, heard you could get up to Lake St Peter. I'll leave it at that!!

Livin'

• Like 1

NP, don't get me wrong the conditions will have deteriorated on both areas equally by now. The Paudash stuff was just better/less travelled when we rode, I doubt there is any truly good riding until we get another hit of snow, we don't need much to get going again.

Livin'

4 minutes ago, stoney said:

Don't know how to fix that!! Quote is after my answer!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, livin' on the b103 said:

NP, don't get me wrong the conditions will have deteriorated on both areas equally by now. The Paudash stuff was just better/less travelled when we rode, I doubt there is any truly good riding until we get another hit of snow, we don't need much to get going again.

Livin'

Don't know how to fix that!! Quote is after my answer!

Ya, I imagine conditions will not be pristine, but I want to get out and I think the B103 will be in worst shape than E & 600 series.

6 hours ago, livin' on the b103 said:

Livin' 

where did you trailer to?

7 hours ago, livin' on the b103 said:

Livin' 

Thanks Livin'. Rode from Fenelon Falls to Harcourt on Saturday. Rail trail was better than I thought it would be. The B103 north of Head Lake and the B were rough and lots of rocks. The E was in good shape, more snow at the higher elevations. 

1 hour ago, barberch said:

where did you trailer to?

Paudash clubhouse, lots of spots to drop on the way. You will see the rigs as you head that way. I B and O opened since we rode, spot to drop at Tory hill and ride out from there. I gotta go to work for a couple of days, will report later this week.

Livin'

58 minutes ago, livin' on the b103 said:

Paudash clubhouse, lots of spots to drop on the way. You will see the rigs as you head that way. I B and O opened since we rode, spot to drop at Tory hill and ride out from there. I gotta go to work for a couple of days, will report later this week.

Livin'

looking at options for friday. Thanks

2 hours ago, thetorches said:

Thanks Livin'. Rode from Fenelon Falls to Harcourt on Saturday. Rail trail was better than I thought it would be. The B103 north of Head Lake and the B were rough and lots of rocks. The E was in good shape, more snow at the higher elevations. 

B was decent of Friday. Groomer was out but spent a lot of time doing necessary brushing. 

2 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Anyone know how rail line from Fenelon north is now?

looking to possibly go in the morning.  

Was there today. Thought it might be last chance before the new lockdown. From Superior Propane to a mile past Burnt River was brown . From there to Kinmount was ok. A mile north of Kinmount was some dirt, the rest of the way to Haliburton was good. Went through the Pinery on way back. 340 was ok, 342 was rough and rocky. 330 to Coboconk was the same. Turned around after a mile. 

I hit 605, 606 & the E trail today, was going to do Kinmount and drive a little less but with all the reports of how busy it was and no new snow, figured I would try the other side and little further East.

Saw about 6 trucks/trailers parked at Kinmount when I drove through.

When I arrive it was freezing dribble that turned into some snow a bit later.

606 further South was wooped out, less snow for sure just a few 100 feet south of 605 oddly enough

605 was much better, more snow and less woops

E was good.

Some of the hills and low lying areas are thin and icy, but not too bad.

Need more snow for sure......but that might not matter now...... :sad:

Saw three older gentleman today on the trails, talked to them all for a bit, all enjoyed being out.

Good first ride out, all went well.

IMG_1231.jpg

IMG_1229.jpg

IMG_1228.JPG

Edited by stoney
  • Like 4

How bad is the railbed from kinmount to Lindsay after the weekend?

11 minutes ago, Proxrider said:

How bad is the railbed from kinmount to Lindsay after the weekend?

I do not know, but if it is not all that good, perhaps consider staging at Tory Hill and hit the ib & O rail line there & head North.

Depending where you drive from, not much further and conditions were pretty good last week and I am guessing might see a little less traffic.

I went for an exercise ride south from Haliburton yesterday morning, and turned around about 5 minutes below Fenelon Falls because there had been no recent snow, and the trail was thin. North of Burnt River there was new snow, reaching about 3 inches by Haliburton. The HCSA section had been newly groomed when I set out Sunday morning, but even so there was a small washboard effect. By the time I returned after noon, the washboard had become significant. No idea if they've groomed since.

Edited by Blake G

Rail Trail north of Kinmount groomed last night. It's not seeing a lot of action today so should hold up at least a day or two. Rode up north of Hali Yesterday, swamp was groomed, ditches not grommed, B to 12 was ok, B to E was real nice. B west to Canarvon was freshly groomed but had a couple of water holes in the usual places. Will be heading to Paudash  clubhouse to drop in the AM. It's become our go to spot this year!

Livin'

• Like 3

Glad to hear you're exercising your throttle thumb.

3 minutes ago, Blake G said:

Glad to hear you're exercising your throttle thumb.

As are you!!

Livin'

• Like 1

Have Friday off. So hoping to get a full day in. Wanted to do a rap but lodgings unavailable it seems and not all trails connected