b103

paul

Did the same ride today as well overall trails are pretty good as stated above, definitely need more snow. The parking lot was jammed full when we came back at noon

1 hour ago, Turbo Tim said:

Did the same ride today as well overall trails are pretty good as stated above, definitely need more snow. The parking lot was jammed full when we came back at noon

I got there just after nine. There were only 4-5 trailers. Like you said, it was packed when I got back.

Hali to Kinmount is being groomed now.

Livin'

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, livin' on the b103 said:

Livin'

Hmmm, may have to play hookie from work.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, thetorches said:

I got there just after nine. There were only 4-5 trailers. Like you said, it was packed when I got back.

We got there about the same time, we were parked parallel to the trail by the map sign

I did 103 today got on at rancher road after running across sturgeon lake. Around 10:30 am i guess. Trsils s of fenlon had some fresh snow but lots of woops . Fenlon almost devoid of snow around road crossings and it started getting better from Superior propane more snow somewhat smoother ride and was decent enough till kinmount. From kinmount to first bridge was as usual stutter bumps then not bad to hali. Some rough spots and i must have timed it near perfect maybe 10-12 sleds i seed going up 25-30 coming back . P lot at superior was packed at 1030 ish am and nearly empty when i came back at 1

3 hours ago, Turbo Tim said:

We got there about the same time, we were parked parallel to the trail by the map sign

Going again Tuesday.  Guy I worked with is getting back into it after years away from sport. Need some more trails to open. The rail trail gets boring after awhile.

7 minutes ago, thetorches said:

Going again Tuesday.  Guy I worked with is getting back into it after years away from sport. Need some more trails to open. The rail trail gets boring after awhile.

Hoping to go  wednesday . Let us know what tuesday was like.

Edited by barberch

1 hour ago, barberch said:

Hoping to go  wednesday . Let us know what tuesday was like.

Will do.

14 hours ago, livin' on the b103 said:

Livin'

Yep.

20210104_091859.jpg

• Like 7

Rode it a number of times over the last few days.  Fenelon to Pinery was getting a bit thin.  Pinery was great, some corners getting icy.  Kinmount north to Haliburton had better snow but was getting lots of stutters.  

I'm local to the area, and have enjoyed riding the area for a long time.  This year was a first that I was able to take my full family out, my newly licensed 12 yr old and 14 yr old riding on their own.  I must say, that despite the large amount of sleds, that I was very impressed with the number of sleds staying right, signaling and keeping their speeds reasonable.  I'm no slow rider, but I didn't see any ridiculously fast or painfully slow groups.  Most importantly, everyone staying right.  Well done.

• Like 3

Rode the trail from Lindsay to Hali and gotta say that the club should show the trail from Lindsay to Fenelon red. 

It was a tough go headed north this morning. Really gritty till you got almost to the Pinery. 

Missed Blake G as well too !! next time .. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, windsurfnut said:

Rode it a number of times over the last few days.  Fenelon to Pinery was getting a bit thin.  Pinery was great, some corners getting icy.  Kinmount north to Haliburton had better snow but was getting lots of stutters.  

I'm local to the area, and have enjoyed riding the area for a long time.  This year was a first that I was able to take my full family out, my newly licensed 12 yr old and 14 yr old riding on their own.  I must say, that despite the large amount of sleds, that I was very impressed with the number of sleds staying right, signaling and keeping their speeds reasonable.  I'm no slow rider, but I didn't see any ridiculously fast or painfully slow groups.  Most importantly, everyone staying right.  Well done.

Thanks for update.

North of Fenelon Falls

20210104_102821.jpg

North of Burnt River

20210104_100523.jpg

North of Kinmount 

20210104_094700.jpg

Edited by Blake G
  • Like 5

47 minutes ago, Blake G said:

North of Fenelon Falls

20210104_102821.jpg

North of Burnt River

20210104_100523.jpg

North of Kinmount 

20210104_094700.jpg

Thanks Blake. I can see the difference.

On 1/3/2021 at 10:27 PM, barberch said:

Hoping to go  wednesday . Let us know what tuesday was 

Rode from Superior Propane to Haliburton and back. Was groomed from Kinmount to Haliburton. Its in good shape. South of Burnt River is lots of brown. Was still rideable. Ran into groomer on the B104 on way back. The Pinery is icy and getting bumpy. It was a nice ride. Head Lake is staked but still red on other side.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gobills said:

Anyone go for a rip today?

Yesterday Lindsay to Haliburton & back.  Very few sleds.  Took B104 and 340 on the way back.  Conditions were yellow and decent.  Groomer was out on the B103 on the way back (thanks for that Kawartha guys).  Excellent sandwich from McKecks. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Does dreaming of riding count?:wtf:

Depends what you ride....:rotflmao:

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, markweist said:

Yesterday Lindsay to Haliburton & back.  Very few sleds.  Took B104 and 340 on the way back.  Conditions were yellow and decent.  Groomer was out on the B103 on the way back (thanks for that Kawartha guys).  Excellent sandwich from McKecks. 

we did the same. Unfortunetly we also included trail 311 on the east side. Big hole a little over a foot deep. We messaged the club and they closed it. 

Did a 100km loop from house today rail trail from fenelon ok for yellow better north of superior propane. Riad crossings getting thin though and did a run through the pinery back to 103 and home again. Pinery was bumpy but definately better than sitting home

• Like 1

Rode from Superior propane to Hali and back. Tried to go north of Hali the trails were beat to crap. The parking lot was full at 830am, must have passed at least 75 sleds if not more. Had three instances with people way over on my side of the trail at speed, dumbasses. For the most part the rail bed was decent, but they need snow badly

• Thanks 1