b103

paul

Anyone know if b103 to B 112 to minden will open between now and tomorrow around noon ( heading out from lindsay tomorrow for a trek possibly to halibuton and back. on B103  - would like to pass in to minden and vist old town charm.  I was told by a buddy they should have it open because it looks pretty good.

Thanks

11.tiff

1 hour ago, paul said:

Anyone know if b103 to B 112 to minden will open between now and tomorrow around noon ( heading out from lindsay tomorrow for a trek possibly to halibuton and back. on B103  - would like to pass in to minden and vist old town charm.  I was told by a buddy they should have it open because it looks pretty good.

Thanks

11.tiff 2.9 MB · 3 downloads

No chance of that. B112 is a rough trail and needs a deep freeze and lots of snow. Stick to the railbed and ride some of the pinery trails down in the Kawartha lakes club area.. 

• Like 3

Ha! That's the good part! the gates are not even open yet to get the B112 from the B 103. We have been riding from home the last few days and here is the deal.

KLSA is open/ LIMITED from Lindsay to Kinmount. Has had several passes, including a groomer heading up this afternoon.

Haven't ridden Lindsay to Fenelon, Fenelon to Kinmount is OK early season riding. They still have a lot of trees down from heavy wet snow and an ice storm over the last couple of days. Rode the Pinery today and again, OK early season riding. Kinmount to Hali had it's first full grooming pass last night and turned out well. We usually have more snow North of Kinmount so the B103 turned out good with just one pass. We do not have enough snow to open any rough, wet trails but the Rail Trail is as fun as it's gonna get right now. 

Livin'

• Like 3

Took the E103 trail out of Lindsay to the B103 today.  It was very good for the weather, snow, sleet & rain.  Very few poor spots even with dozens of sleds. Hopefully it can hold on till colder weather and more snow falls. 

41 minutes ago, markweist said:

Took the E103 trail out of Lindsay to the B103 today.  It was very good for the weather, snow, sleet & rain.  Very few poor spots even with dozens of sleds. Hopefully it can hold on till colder weather and more snow falls. 

Heading up tomorrow am would like to drop at Thunderbridge Rd, is it worth unloading there or should I head to Fenelon?

Thx

Tim, yesterday the trail between Kinmount and Lindsay was of uniform quality. Unless things changed today, I would think you'd be fine riding from Thunder Bridge Road.

Edited by Blake G
  • Like 2

Just an update rode from Fenelon to Hali and back, trails were pretty good in the am, some small stutter bumps, a couple of whoops, but nothing serious, ride back was a different story, trails were getting beat up pretty good, lots of brown. I have never seen so many sleds on any trail, it was super busy. I don't know how the trail will hold up after today. Kinmount to Hali with a groomer should be ok, south of Fenelon, don't know about that.

• Like 1

Thank you for the update.

44 minutes ago, Turbo Tim said:

Just an update rode from Fenelon to Hali and back, trails were pretty good in the am, some small stutter bumps, a couple of whoops, but nothing serious, ride back was a different story, trails were getting beat up pretty good, lots of brown. I have never seen so many sleds on any trail, it was super busy. I don't know how the trail will hold up after today. Kinmount to Hali with a groomer should be ok, south of Fenelon, don't know about that.

Looks to be some much needed snow will come tomorrow that should help.

The trail riding North in the morning is usually not bad with traffic.....the return South is usually so much busier with long lines of sleds most of the way with small breaks, can not imagine what it was like today.

3 minutes ago, stoney said:

Looks to be some much needed snow will come tomorrow that should help.

The trail riding North in the morning is usually not bad with traffic.....the return South is usually so much busier with long lines of sleds most of the way with small breaks, can not imagine what it was like today.

It was unreal, there was hardly a time when I looked ahead that I did not see a headlight coming the other way. Good news everyone seemed to be riding within their limits, looked to be a lot of newbies out there. We got behind three sleds, looked to be a family, with and adult out front and two younger people following, none of them had mirrors and they were going sooooo slow, had no clue we were behind them.

26 minutes ago, Btbt said:

Was going to head there today, but now shows closed. I rode there Dec 31, was decent, with snow last night should have helped. Any ideas why closed.now

I see Yellow from Kimount to Haliburton.

37 minutes ago, Btbt said:

Was going to head there today, but now shows closed. I rode there Dec 31, was decent, with snow last night should have helped. Any ideas why closed.now

It's been like the Family Day weekend here for days, huge volume of sleds, trails were beat 2 days ago. The snow came late in the evening last night, nothing to work with until this morning. I'll go have a look to see if HCSA went out but I doubt it. We have enough snow here for grooming tonight, don't know how far south the snow made it for KSLA to recover.

Livin'

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, livin' on the b103 said:

It's been like the Family Day weekend here for days, huge volume of sleds, trails were beat 2 days ago. The snow came late in the evening last night, nothing to work with until this morning. I'll go have a look to see if HCSA went out but I doubt it. We have enough snow here for grooming tonight, don't know how far south the snow made it for KSLA to recover.

Livin'

Thanks living. I seen some pictures of B from hcsa page. Looks like it is going to be a few weeks yet before it is ready if weather co-operates. They are out there with tracks on some sort of utv pulling a small drag. How is ice coming along on local lakes? 

Edited by Strong Farmer

25 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Thanks living. I seen some pictures of B from hcsa page. Looks like it is going to be a few weeks yet before it is ready if weather co-operates. They are out there with tracks on some sort of utv pulling a small drag. How is ice coming along on local lakes? 

Just checked the Rail Trail North of Kinmount, no groomer out last night. Got a few inches of snow but will be rough underneath. Don't know what they are using to pack the trails with this year, they are out on some trails. Head lake and the smaller lakes are frozen, the big lakes - forget it for a while, wide open!

Livin'

I am being told they went out (HCSA) didn't look like it to me, guess I gotta ride it and see!

Livin'

3 hours ago, Btbt said:

I was going this morning and the ITG was showing red. I see it is yellow now.

32 minutes ago, livin' on the b103 said:

I am being told they went out (HCSA) didn't look like it to me, guess I gotta ride it and see!

Livin'

HCSA posted on facebook that the club president groomed new years night.

Rode the B103 from Superior propane to Haliburton. It was in good shape overall. Some stones north of Kinmount, threw a few fist sized rocks off of trail. Took the B104 to 340 and back onto the B103. Corners were icy and some bumps, but rideable. Needs more snow. Went south thru Fenelon Falls towards Lindsay. A lot more dirt this way and lacking snow. Turned sround after 4-5 kms. Definitely start at Superior propane if heading out.

• Like 2