Heart of ontario snowmobile club has starting packing

RotaxMike

1st thing. It feels great to get behind the wheel of a groomer again. I started packing the rail line section of B103. Not sure when we will start the other trails that is not part of the rail line. We need colder temps to freeze up the water on the other trails. Hopefully the temps will drop soon so we can start packing other trails. Here is some pics from last night

20201226_200912_resized.jpg

20201226_200843_resized.jpg

20201226_191042_HDR_resized.jpg

20201226_191029_resized.jpg

20201226_184900_resized.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Looks great! You guys think you might be able to open soon?

Livin'

On 12/29/2020 at 9:46 AM, livin' on the b103 said:

Looks great! You guys think you might be able to open soon?

Livin'

I hope so. the rail line is staring to look good. But we need colder temps & more snow. A lot of the water on the trails are not freezing up

• 1 year later...

Heart of Ontario groomer was out packing the H9 trail this evening. The area still needs a lot more snow, but it’s great to see the groomer out. Keep an eye on the ITG for the trail to turn from Red to Yellow. Thank you to all the great volunteers at HOO for trying their best to get the trails open. My better half was able to take this picture this evening as the sun was going down. 

75660B17-6F93-4A5D-8279-0C0875E1EC5B.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Re:Leaf said:

Heart of Ontario groomer was out packing the H9 trail this evening. The area still needs a lot more snow, but it’s great to see the groomer out. Keep an eye on the ITG for the trail to turn from Red to Yellow. Thank you to all the great volunteers at HOO for trying their best to get the trails open. My better half was able to take this picture this evening as the sun was going down. 

75660B17-6F93-4A5D-8279-0C0875E1EC5B.jpeg

What a great pic     first thing it reminded me of was SledJunk  and all the volunterring he did at the groomer shed     Met him at a couple AGMs and had great conversations with him   He even offered to pick stuff up for me at Novi     Again RIP SledJunk   

• Like 4

I also think of sledjunk when I see this groomer. SJ encouraged me and OntarioF7 to become trail patrollers and he was our instructor. He also encouraged me to get my groomer operator license. During groomer operator training SJ taught us how to use spot satellite tracking system. He also spent countless hours maintaining the groomer in the picture. 

SJ also offered to pick stuff up at Novi, and he brought back the best sled lift ever for me. RIP sledjunk and thanks again for all your help. 

731E11C0-0A99-424A-AEE2-81C87AF17B65.jpeg

• Like 3

Trail H1 goes to pefferlaw but it’s listed as Red on the ITG. Possible reasons for that are lack of snow, land owner issues with York Region forest/ town of Georgina/ or others. I’m just speculating and I don’t know the real answer as to why it’s listed as Red. 

I live just down the street from the H1 in Pefferlaw. It is not open likely due to lack of snow or grooming issues.

It was only open a very short period of time late last season as well. It goes through some dense bush areas and real swampy spots so I think it takes a lot of snow and cold to be ready to ride.

I hope either the H1 or H11 in Beaverton open soon that way I won't have to trailer to get on the trails anymore.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SlowTouringGuy said:

I checked a 2020 paper map and it appears to have been H3 that is no longer on the IATG.  Landowner? Or........?  Or should be there, will open when ready.  
thanks !

As posted on the HOO facebook page in the late fall the land owner has pulled consent. They apparently own a number of farms west of 12 that the H3 used to run through. It's a shame because I really liked that section of trail.

The trail crossing at Kydd Rd had one of the best views in the entire area.

3 hours ago, VicFish said:

As posted on the HOO facebook page in the late fall the land owner has pulled consent. They apparently own a number of farms west of 12 that the H3 used to run through. It's a shame because I really liked that section of trail.

The trail crossing at Kydd Rd had one of the best views in the entire area.

Thanks for your response.  Like many others, I don’t use Facebook and find sites like OC far superior.  
sorry to hear it is as I feared.  It was a great section of trail and, as you say, the crossing at Kydd was a wonderful view.  
was consent pulled for this year specifically because of planting or has it been pulled for good?  Shame in either case.  
Comparing the last paper map I have and the IATG, it looks like the entirety of B103 through the HOO area has also disappeared.  Really?

ugh !

15 hours ago, SlowTouringGuy said:

Thanks for your response.  Like many others, I don’t use Facebook and find sites like OC far superior.  
sorry to hear it is as I feared.  It was a great section of trail and, as you say, the crossing at Kydd was a wonderful view.  
was consent pulled for this year specifically because of planting or has it been pulled for good?  Shame in either case.  
Comparing the last paper map I have and the IATG, it looks like the entirety of B103 through the HOO area has also disappeared.  Really?

ugh !

The post says due to the size of reroute that there will no re-route for this season. So it sounds like they are working on an alternative going forward. Here's hoping.

Great news. Thanks for letting us know.