And it begins...

vooodooo

5 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Hell if I was a tow company I would park an old car on new ice close to shore and then make a killing pulling out the sunk cars.

panicing people would pay lots to get a car out.   

Currently speaking with the Dutchman, he says multiple cars now parked on the ice, and multiple ice Fisherman on sleds riding by...

My brother is an ice fishermen. He is cautious, goes out on foot with a survival suit making test holes as he goes. He says almost every time he's out there some idiot comes by on a quad or sled to ask with if he's caught anything. He showed me pictures from cooks bay last weekend. Probably 5 or 6 vehicles half through just offshore because they didn't want to pay to park.

37 minutes ago, Poo Man said:

My brother is an ice fishermen. He is cautious, goes out on foot with a survival suit making test holes as he goes. He says almost every time he's out there some idiot comes by on a quad or sled to ask with if he's caught anything. He showed me pictures from cooks bay last weekend. Probably 5 or 6 vehicles half through just offshore because they didn't want to pay to park.

Id charge them large to get em out also. Just absolutely ridiculous what some people will doo..

Was watching some reports from the hut operators yesterday, lake is not in good shape, very bad year, strong winds broke up a bunch of ice that were now floating sheets of ice......after I listened to a bunch of guys with reports decided not to take the kids out today on it as planned.

12 hours ago, stoney said:

Was watching some reports from the hut operators yesterday, lake is not in good shape, very bad year, strong winds broke up a bunch of ice that were now floating sheets of ice......after I listened to a bunch of guys with reports decided not to take the kids out today on it as planned.

our lake is pure slush underneath two feet of powder. Quite dangerous if you stop anywhere 

• 2 weeks later...

May be an image of snowmobile, all-terain vehicle and outdoors

Taken from a NL sledding Faceplant page. Apparently in PQ.

The accompanying caption:

This is what happens when there is high speeds involved on turns or you don't stay on your own side. Happened in Quebec

Then this is what was posted on the shared page (non-OFSC page TRAIL FRIENDS)

mind your side of the trail

When I shared it on my w/ this caption:

Ride on your side of the the trail.

Which resulted in this exchange:

BET: 'Opinions are like Assholes...everyone has one. You don’t know that factors that led to this situation....just assume it was speed. F’off and mind your own damn business."

Me: "I guess you've never had any close calls with riders on the wrong side of the trail in corners?"

BET: "stupid comment...of course and that’s why I always assume that someone is in my lane and be prepared. Lots of newbies on the trails riding 900 turbos" 

:wtf:

I have no idea what the guy's issue w/ the post was.

• Sad 1

Well - I gotta say - not much evidence of a curve there....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, revrnd said:

May be an image of snowmobile, all-terain vehicle and outdoors

Taken from a NL sledding Faceplant page. Apparently in PQ.

The accompanying caption:

Then this is what was posted on the shared page (non-OFSC page TRAIL FRIENDS)

When I shared it on my w/ this caption:

Which resulted in this exchange:

BET: 'Opinions are like a-hos...everyone has one. You don’t know that factors that led to this situation....just assume it was speed. F’off and mind your own damn business."

Me: "I guess you've never had any close calls with riders on the wrong side of the trail in corners?"

BET: "stupid comment...of course and that’s why I always assume that someone is in my lane and be prepared. Lots of newbies on the trails riding 900 turbos" 

:wtf:

I have no idea what the guy's issue w/ the post was.

Blame the sleds , Yup. Typical easy blame. Its the guys behind the flipper, period. Looks like the yamaha is rounding a corner there. Seems to me a T Bone gone bad. 

Edited by Turbo Doo
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Blame the sleds , Yup. Typical easy blame. Its the guys behind the flipper, period. Looks like the yamaha is rounding a corner there. Seems to me a T Bone gone bad. 

You CAN'T tell exactly what happened, but you CAN tell that it didn't have to happen.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Where do you see a Yamaha. I only see Ski-Doo side panels and spindles.

15 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

Where do you see a Yamaha. I only see Ski-Doo side panels and spindles.

Riding towards the accident sceen.

• Like 1

Read post from port Perry Snowmobile club. Suv was on trail and got stuck. Taking up whole width of trail narrow spot. Then while it was sitting there about 5 or 6 sleds crashed into it. Said one guy barrel rolled over vehicle. Come one people. If you can’t stop in 30 feet you see riding too fast. 

• Like 1

That is a lot of damage for someone to not think speed was a factor.

Really sad to see that kind of carnage.

On this note, kids, wife and I were all having some fun on Simcoe today with the sled and saw an Ornge helicopter fly by heading South.....first thing that popped into my mind was what sort of sledding accident North of us will I read of hear about later on..... 

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Read post from port Perry Snowmobile club. Suv was on trail and got stuck. Taking up whole width of trail narrow spot. Then while it was sitting there about 5 or 6 sleds crashed into it. Said one guy barrel rolled over vehicle. Come one people. If you can’t stop in 30 feet you see riding too fast. 

Yup, like that idiot in the USA a couple years ago that ran into a helicopter, that had landed on the trail, and he ran his sled into the copter, and was trying to blame the accident on the helicopter, because the helicopter shouldn,t of landed on the trail. Amazing how many sledders don,t seem to grasp the concept that you are suppose to be in care of, and control of, the sled your are driving. Poor decisions, are sometimes very costly, painful, and sometimes fatal. It is totally the drivers responsability to be in control of the vehicle they are driving.

• Thanks 2

Don't overdrive your line of sight.

It's that simple.

Easy for me to say when I don't have a sled that will even think of keeping up with y'all. ;)

40 minutes ago, Jason T said:

Sundays video of my friend getting hit on the trail. No injuries, just broken panels on both sleds and a bent running board. Guy on Yamaha blew corner, back of his sled slammed the side of my friends. Ride within your Abilities!

Video is pretty grainy but that didn't even look like much of a corner? That guy shouldn't be able to operate a sled again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Poo Man said:

Video is pretty grainy but that didn't even look like much of a corner? That guy shouldn't be able to operate a sled again

Why @ times I don't want you signalling me! Keep your hands on the bars.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ox said:

Don't overdrive your line of sight.

It's that simple.

Easy for me to say when I don't have a sled that will even think of keeping up with y'all. ;)

Exactly.... if you can't see over the crest of the hill or around the bend... slow down. I heard last week that snowmobile incidents, going through the ice, crashes between sleds and running into an obstacle like a tree have gone up 141% over the same period last year. 

1 hour ago, Jason T said:

Sundays video of my friend getting hit on the trail. No injuries, just broken panels on both sleds and a bent running board. Guy on Yamaha blew corner, back of his sled slammed the side of my friends. Ride within your Abilities!

At least he has the video to make it easy for the insurance. Glad nobody got hurt. 

• Like 1

judging from the point of impact on the black sled and the position they are sitting, at the point of impact both sleds must have been on the wrong side.....looks like both parties ran out of talent to me......there is plenty of realestate there to work with. It's an all new kind of stupid out there these days.

• Like 2

I think you need to go watch that vid again!

This guy was in the bush when he was hit!

Not saying that this guy wasn't over the yellow line on a previous corner - maybe, but he Shirley wasn't left at this point.

On the other hand, I don't see this being a line-of-sight issue. That wasn't a "corner" hardly at all.

Just looks like the other guy was gauking at a GPS, or sumpthing in the bush, or ....

Not that I can see the other guy, just saying that it doesn't appear to be an "overshot the corner" situation.

Hopefully both guys left feet were OK!

Edited by Ox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Poo Man said:

Attached is picture showing how far off the trail my friend was. The corner is just at the top of the picture. The video is much better quality on the phones.

sled.jpg

Edited by Jason T