And it begins...

vooodooo

People make mistakes and poor choices everyday, that's human nature, when you are the perfect human, by all means, until then.....

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

People make mistakes and poor choices everyday, that's human nature, when you are the perfect human, by all means, until then.....

Well with that being said above, I’m glad he only took himself out. I’m guessing your mood might be different if he had happened to hit a car with your wife and daughter inside and killed them. Problem is, his poor choice also will affect many people around him for a lifetime. The time is now people, leave the booze in the cabinet.....

• Like 3

It was not his fault.

It was a conspiracy I tell yuh!

Someone built that barn right there!

29 minutes ago, ToSlow said:

Really i guy got killed on a sled accident and this is what the forum sees it as? Now we are going to make snide remarks. WOW

It's not an accident in my mind. Condolences to his family and loved ones but that's where it ends for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

alcohol coupled with speed and limited visabilty, it was snowing extremely hard. Very sad that these things happen......I look back at 24, I have no room to judge, condolences to the family the young man leaves behind.

I understand the frustration in others posts, it is a sport that takes a great amount of scrutiny from non snowmobiling public. These types of avoidable incidents just keep piling on, we need to live with it, we clearly cannot stop it.

50 minutes ago, Poo Man said:

It's not an accident in my mind. Condolences to his family and loved ones but that's where it ends for me.

Accidents are the result of bad decisions. Yes likely this fatality could've easily been avoided.

I've been snowmobiling since 1970 and pretty much every season there is a fatality that really makes you shake your head.

I have to agree with TD in that 'incidents' like this just result in the general public painting all snowmobilers with the same brush...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wildman said:

alcohol coupled with speed and limited visabilty, it was snowing extremely hard. Very sad that these things happen......I look back at 24, I have no room to judge, condolences to the family the young man leaves behind.

I understand the frustration in others posts, it is a sport that takes a great amount of scrutiny from non snowmobiling public. These types of avoidable incidents just keep piling on, we need to live with it, we clearly cannot stop it.

X2

I remember my choices at 24 years old. I have no room to judge either.

Thankfully snowmobiles of that vintage were not of the speed and power they are today, or I'd maybe not be here 

At 24 I believe I was wise enough to not do truly stupid things that would put my life at risk... especially when it was very obviously dangerous.

• Like 1

Just now, 02Sled said:

At 24 I believe I was wise enough to not do truly stupid things that would put my life at risk... especially when it was very obviously dangerous.

We use to ride grand River from Bridgeport to almost elora. Always open water along the way too. Now I look back on that and it was a pretty stupid move, but back then there was at Least a decent amount of solid ice, which isn’t case today with all warm ups. 

20 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

But the rise in action sports means that is not everyone's position. Wingsuit base jumpers are generally all over 30yrs old. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Wildman said:

x3.

It is human nature to judge and be judged, try to avoid it as much as I can, and as I get older it seems even more so.....especially when I am not directly really affected by it, just a waste of breath/time.

Regardless of his age, possible speed or possible impairment, condolences to those that are more directly affected by this.

The writing is assumed to be on the wall, but it appears no one really knows the "truth" just yet......

• "Investigators believe alcohol and excessive speed were contributing factors in the crash, police said."

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Well with that being said above, I’m glad he only took himself out. I’m guessing your mood might be different if he had happened to hit a car with your wife and daughter inside and killed them. Problem is, his poor choice also will affect many people around him for a lifetime. The time is now people, leave the booze in the cabinet.....

& everyone's insurance rates!

6 hours ago, Ox said:

It was not his fault.

It was a conspiracy I tell yuh!

Someone built that barn right there!

Trump's fault!

I can tell most of you are old and forget what it was like to be young and full of piss and vinegar.  Young men have been making bad decisions since the beginning of time and will continue to do so.  I know I have made a few in my youth and if you guys can remember back to when you were 24 I bet you made some stupid decisions as well.  Me and you got lucky and we just have a story.

To the people cracking jokes about a young man dyeing in a sled wreck, well, not much I can say here that will do much good for you.  Pathetic.  

• Like 3

Condolences to the young man's family and friends. Each year on this forum there are incidents that generate empathy and ridicule at the same time. I wish both the incidents and the reactions would cease. Better for me to say no more.

44 minutes ago, Guy JR said:

I can tell most of you are old and forget what it was like to be young and full of piss and vinegar.  Young men have been making bad decisions since the beginning of time and will continue to do so.  I know I have made a few in my youth and if you guys can remember back to when you were 24 I bet you made some stupid decisions as well.  Me and you got lucky and we just have a story.

To the people cracking jokes about a young man dyeing in a sled wreck, well, not much I can say here that will do much good for you.  Pathetic.  

I am thinking for me it was a range from about 15 to maybe around 30ish that some not so smart choices were made that thankfully are now just stories you are able to share and laugh about......but I think most of us did (that of course get forgotten about or in simply in denial....), especially guys who actually have a chemical that is proven to be in your body that causes a boy to do stupid things.....

1 hour ago, Guy JR said:

Got engaged !! At 23

• Like 1