Thefts

SlowTouringGuy

Police investigating utility trailer, snowmobile thefts (7 photos) - GuelphToday.com

On Dec. 17, 2020 sometime between 6 a.m. and 11 a.m., unknown suspects attended an address on Highway 6 near Mount Forest. The suspects stole a silver 2018 American 27 foot long enclosed snowmobile trailer with chrome stripes and a tandem axle bearing Ontario licence plate R7621X.  

The trailer contained: 

• A blue and white 2016 Yamaha SR Viper snowmobile  
  • A black 2006 Yamaha Apex 1000 snowmobile  
  • A blue 1998 Yamaha SRX 700 snowmobile  

On Dec. 22, 2020, at approximately 9:30 a.m. Wellington County OPP received another report of a theft of a trailer containing snowmobiles from an address on Elora Street North in Clifford. It was reported that sometime between Dec. 21, 2020 11:30 p.m. and Dec. 22, 2020 8:30 a.m., unknown suspects stole a black 2004 Triton enclosed snowmobile trailer bearing Ontario plate C83385.  

The trailer contained:  

• A silver and blue 2005 Skidoo GTX snowmobile 
  • A white 2009 Skidoo REN snowmobile  

Wellington County OPP would like to remind the public to ensure your vehicles are secure and report any suspicious activity to police.  

Any person with information regarding this incident is asked to contact the Wellington County OPP at 1-888-310-1122. Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or submit a tip on-line at www.csgw.tips. You may be eligible for a reward from Crime Stoppers of up to $2,000.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, SlowTouringGuy said:

Police investigating utility trailer, snowmobile thefts (7 photos) - GuelphToday.com

On Dec. 17, 2020 sometime between 6 a.m. and 11 a.m., unknown suspects attended an address on Highway 6 near Mount Forest. The suspects stole a silver 2018 American 27 foot long enclosed snowmobile trailer with chrome stripes and a tandem axle bearing Ontario licence plate R7621X.  

The trailer contained: 

• A blue and white 2016 Yamaha SR Viper snowmobile  
  • A black 2006 Yamaha Apex 1000 snowmobile  
  • A blue 1998 Yamaha SRX 700 snowmobile  

On Dec. 22, 2020, at approximately 9:30 a.m. Wellington County OPP received another report of a theft of a trailer containing snowmobiles from an address on Elora Street North in Clifford. It was reported that sometime between Dec. 21, 2020 11:30 p.m. and Dec. 22, 2020 8:30 a.m., unknown suspects stole a black 2004 Triton enclosed snowmobile trailer bearing Ontario plate C83385.  

The trailer contained:  

• A silver and blue 2005 Skidoo GTX snowmobile 
  • A white 2009 Skidoo REN snowmobile  

Wellington County OPP would like to remind the public to ensure your vehicles are secure and report any suspicious activity to police.  

Any person with information regarding this incident is asked to contact the Wellington County OPP at 1-888-310-1122. Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or submit a tip on-line at www.csgw.tips. You may be eligible for a reward from Crime Stoppers of up to $2,000.

I read last week of a theft of a trailer and ATV about an hour northwest of Mount Forest where there were pictures of the the Ford pickup used in the theft and it matched down to the mudflaps, a pickup stolen from a dealership a few days previous.

Friend of mine lost a GMC diesel dually attached to a four place enclosed with 2 new & 2 not so old top of the line machines in it. Claim was over a 100 g's! Found trailer on Six Nations Res. near Brantford-nothing else!

2 hours ago, Muskoka1 said:

Friend of mine lost a GMC diesel dually attached to a four place enclosed with 2 new & 2 not so old top of the line machines in it. Claim was over a 100 g's! Found trailer on Six Nations Res. near Brantford-nothing else!

I could see someone dumping the trailer on the reserve to pass blame on the Natives. Its a possibility.

There must be a field somewhere full of stolen trailers and equipment. Only a mater of time before this crew is caught.

Jerry

3 hours ago, grover_yyz said:

I could see someone dumping the trailer on the reserve to pass blame on the Natives. Its a possibility.

There must be a field somewhere full of stolen trailers and equipment. Only a mater of time before this crew is caught.

Jerry

This was some years ago-they think the machines ended up in Que.!

nope i'm pretty sure it was on Mennonite property. didn't think they rented barns out. the kids coming up aren't the same discipline as the older bunch

Edited by ToSlow

13 hours ago, grover_yyz said:

Jerry

Really?  Dumping the trailer? 

Its well known when trucks get stolen many end upon the reserve stripped.  Cops won’t go there to investigate.   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sksman said:

Really?  Dumping the trailer? 

Its well known when trucks get stolen many end upon the reserve stripped.  Cops won’t go there to investigate.   

Sadly yes in some cases. From a newspaper report.... A woman had her suv stolen with her dog inside it. Ended up on that reserve. She negotiated for the release of her dog...tied up on a hydro pole at a pre-determined spot. Never saw the vehicle again. Made me sad to read about it.

Had my Chevy diesel stolen a few years back, when I called the station to see if there was any news they told me don’t bother and most likely the truck is in the six nations reserve :wtf: LOL.. 

A friend had his gm 1500 stolen from Home depot in Burlington.  Cops took report.  Told him likely on reserve.

He looked around on the reserve and there was a field where lots of trucks were dumped.  He found his truck and made arrangements to get it back.  Insurance wrote it off due to parts stripped.

He bought it back and being mechanic put parts on and drove it again.

Cops would not go on reserve to get it even after he found it there.  

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

This is well know around the area. Definitely puts a damper on the decent people who live on/near the reserve. Sad..

I agree but there are lots of good bright people too. I knew one person that their parents lived on reserve and they lived off and still had a status card. Got tax off on everything they bought, even though that isn’t entirely legal. Some things just have to turn your head and say nothing. 

3 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

I agree but there are lots of good bright people too. I knew one person that their parents lived on reserve and they lived off and still had a status card. Got tax off on everything they bought, even though that isn’t entirely legal. Some things just have to turn your head and say nothing. 

Trudope will never say/do anything bad about the indigenous!

• Thanks 1

Another political dig?

Sheesh.

Edited by Blake G
  • Like 1

Thank you, slomo. Very therapeutic.

I think I'll emulate those creatures, by chasing Polarii up and down some logging roads this morning.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

typical non indigenous response. i knew one person. lol