Sold sled because of COVID

GrizzlyGriff

6 hours ago, stoney said:

You sold it...... :)

You have both the 850 Doo and Poo now, how do they compare?

Speed wise the same.  Although the 144 track hooks up better in some snow. The 850 polaris motor seems like it has more low end to mid range but that may be track hook up. Top end is skidoo all day long 

The assault chassis and shocks are tight and tough. Like riding a longer version of my old 440 race chassis. 

850 skidoo Xrs is much more compliant but on big bumps it's just as good. 

Assault chassis locks you in and makes it harder to move around. 

All in all ill keep the doo and be happy. But id like the assault for 50 mile goofing around and playing. My son is 20 so he loves the assault.

• Like 3

Starting to see sleds sit on Kijiji now. Some  are lowering their pricing but some are hanging on for the big pay out.

Found the exact sled I need for the wife but this person is asking $2500 more for there used sled than it will cost me to order new. And no accessories to go with it. I need them to take $4000 less than their asking price to make it attractive.

Do you send that lowball offer and hope for the best ?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Starting to see sleds sit on Kijiji now. Some  are lowering their pricing but some are hanging on for the big pay out.

Found the exact sled I need for the wife but this person is asking $2500 more for there used sled than it will cost me to order new. And no accessories to go with it. I need them to take $4000 less than their asking price to make it attractive.

Low ball with an explanation for it....make them read and actually think about first vs. just hitting the delete button... lol

• Haha 1

He my lower his price if his wife or girlfriend are  pregnant  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, coldfinger said:

He my lower his price if his wife or girlfriend are  pregnant  

Especially if his Wife finds out his girlfriend is pregnant lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

just wait. keep your cash ready and yes lowball offer and they will come around

12 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Well, somebody is out to lunch on their expectations here, maybe it's him, maybe it's you, maybe it's a bit of both.

I know for me - if an offer is really low - I don't or wouldn't even respond - if we're that far apart - I'm not wasting my time trying to find middle ground. 

If you can go new - just go new.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I think there are sellers out there who don't know, or hope that buyers don't know that tax needs to be paid when the ownership changes. I see lots of ads that say "I just paid $X out the door, so I am giving you a great deal by only asking the MSRP" 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, woodzi said:

I think there are sellers out there who don't know, or hope that buyers don't know that tax needs to be paid when the ownership changes. I see lots of ads that say "I just paid $X out the door, so I am giving you a great deal by only asking the MSRP" 

I think you're right about this...makes you wonder what rock they've been living under. HST has been applicable to ANY ownership transfers (including private sales) for years.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Blackstar said:

If it is close by call him up and go over and look at sled and bring dealer quote with you for new one. Bring 500 cash for a deposit and see if he takes your lower offer, or bring trailer too and cash. Make it firm and walk away if your not happy with price. I find money talks most times and show people that you have cash and will take it now. They willl accept it.  Good luck 

Edited by Strong Farmer

I listed my dad 2020 Indy 850 last week at $13995 (sold for $13700) which I thought was a very fair price and sold it to the first guy who looked at it.   I see lots of them online for $15K + right now.   I am realistic and knew it wasnt worth $15k.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I listed my dad 2020 Indy 850 last week at $13995 (sold for $13700) which I thought was a very fair price and sold it to the first guy who looked at it.   I see lots of them online for $15K + right now.   I am realistic and knew it wasnt worth $15k.  

they can list it for whatever they want. but money is the great equalizer.

6 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

just wait. keep your cash ready and yes lowball offer and they will come around

They changed the ad. Now says "or will go lower, will deliver".

I sent a message asking a couple questions. See what happens.

When people lowball me I delete the message and block them.....lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

Your dad traveling next winter instead? 

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

They changed the ad. Now says "or will go lower, will deliver".

I sent a message asking a couple questions. See what happens.

When people lowball me I delete the message and block them.....lol

Totally agree. Anyone who lowballs a price i have advertised isn't going to buy mine. If the price is fair, the purchaser should be savy enough to know that.

7 hours ago, Spiderman said:

Well, somebody is out to lunch on their expectations here, maybe it's him, maybe it's you, maybe it's a bit of both.

I know for me - if an offer is really low - I don't or wouldn't even respond - if we're that far apart - I'm not wasting my time trying to find middle ground. 

If you can go new - just go new.

A like from Coldfinger. Do tell.  Snow check ?

Yeah  V2  we had a long drive home after our last trip . So Carly started calling dealers and spent my money . Lockhart's won the best deal of the day award . We may need to do a group ride in November .

23 minutes ago, coldfinger said:

Yeah  V2  we had a long drive home after our last trip . So Carly started calling dealers and spent my money . Lockhart's won the best deal of the day award . We may need to do a group ride in November .

It sounds like Lockharts are whoring out machines this year.   I know my dealer said he has lost a lot of customers to them this year over price.   

4 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Your dad traveling next winter instead? 

He had a great year sledding but I can see him heading south with my mom again next winter.   If he decides he wants to sled again, I will buy another machine for him to ride.   He rode the Indy all season and I got all my money back so it was a win/win for everyone.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, coldfinger said:

Oh this is worthy of the real   LIKE    and    so good       whats ordered  :ph34r:

2 hours ago, scottyr said:

It sounds like Lockharts are whoring out machines this year.   I know my dealer said he has lost a lot of customers to them this year over price.   

I am still waiting to hear back from your dealer . Lockharts  are on the ball .