Sold sled because of COVID

GrizzlyGriff

4 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

I almost sold everything driving up to the NCDN in the pouring rain. Then we changed rooms to Kap, and once in Moonbeam,  I was back on the sledding bandwagon..:rotflmao:

Is it seriously that bad in Cochrane?

1 minute ago, T bird said:

Is it seriously that bad in Cochrane?

They received more warmth and pouring rain. Kap had very very little rain. It's now snowing,  and more forecast for tonight,  and cooler temps for tomorrow and further on. Cochranes still warm tomorrow.  I did not want to believe it, but driving thru,  I'm glad I drove another hour. I will not ride further east past Moonbeam 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

They received more warmth and pouring rain. Kap had very very little rain. It's now snowing,  and more forecast for tonight,  and cooler temps for tomorrow and further on. Cochranes still warm tomorrow.  I did not want to believe it, but driving thru,  I'm glad I drove another hour. I will not ride further east past Moonbeam 

Dammit!! 

However!.. myself, I’m used to subpar conditions coming from the far south!!.... that being said I’m sure everything up there looks much more enticing than what I’ve rode in the past this year!

28 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Maybe north of Moonbeam though EH?

13 hours ago, scottyr said:

It sounds like Lockharts are whoring out machines this year.   I know my dealer said he has lost a lot of customers to them this year over price.   

They are doing business as usual   Good value on trades with a fair discount on the MSRP   have been doing that since I have known them   20 years now 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, volunteer2 said:

They are doing business as usual   Good value on trades with a fair discount on the MSRP   have been doing that since I have known them   20 years now 

Had a dealer like that.

We found him  by luck, and always a pleasure to deal with and great pricing for both trade and new.

Could go a couple years without seeming him, and he would still know you by name.

BRP forced his hand to upgrade (spend lots of money might never recover) or lose his franchise. He didn't upgrade. Too bad, for all involved really.

Edited by Crow

19 minutes ago, Crow said:

Had a dealer like that.

We found him  by luck, and always a pleasure to deal with and great pricing for both trade and new.

Could go a couple years without seeming him, and he would still know you by name.

BRP forced his hand to upgrade (spend lots of money might never recover) or lose his franchise. He didn't upgrade. Too bad, for all involved really.

ya  that kinda happened around here too

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, coldfinger said:

I am still waiting to hear back from your dealer . Lockharts  are on the ball . 

X2. And been so for years. Applies to sales, service and parts. Energy Powersports in Oakville are a relatively new dealership in Oakville that have been good for me with parts, and they are much closer. If Skidoo ever builds another machine that I want, I will check out Energy's sales philosophy, but I suspect they might not want to match Lockharts price, particularly if I have a trade-in. 

2 hours ago, tricky said:

X2. And been so for years. Applies to sales, service and parts. Energy Powersports in Oakville are a relatively new dealership in Oakville that have been good for me with parts, and they are much closer. If Skidoo ever builds another machine that I want, I will check out Energy's sales philosophy, but I suspect they might not want to match Lockharts price, particularly if I have a trade-in. 

Energy is a complete joke. I have been in there 10 times. They talked to me twice and both times only when i ordered parts. The last time I went there bought a brand new skidoo suit which was absolute shite. They wouldnt even return my call. 

I had to explain to the sales manager how to conduct business since I have 4 BRP products (well 3 now)in my garage and that when we are talking a 700 dollar suit versus a 20k sled it doesnt make sense not to call me back. 

They will never get another dime out of me. 

14 hours ago, coldfinger said:

I am still waiting to hear back from your dealer . Lockharts  are on the ball . 

Did you try mcintoish. I really like their service and they setup sled well and do a proper pdi. 900 blew an ignition coil up north. When I got it back home doug find code and took part off on crashed sled with less miles then ours to get is back up and running. Part was back ordered from doo for about two weeks. 

17 hours ago, coldfinger said:

Yeah  V2  we had a long drive home after our last trip . So Carly started calling dealers and spent my money . Lockhart's won the best deal of the day award . We may need to do a group ride in November .

Oh  and BTW    way to go Carly      and new sled for Dad too I hope :poke2::icon_dance-cpatch:

Exactly,  I told her l don't need that much horsepower , she said well l do and it comes with a learner key for me.  So yeah l be on the 1200. :huh:

• Haha 1