Sold sled because of COVID

GrizzlyGriff

6 hours ago, catinental couch said:

It appears northern Ontario remains in lockdown until the 25th but schools are back in session in northern Ontario on Monday..

QC has school back in Monday as well, but they also now have the curfew in effect...8 to 5 I believe.

I was surprised that school is back but they increased the lock down rules......good to hear school is back over there though, too bad we could not follow suit...

Edited by stoney

I like to watch the ON Covid numbers lately, just to see what they look like as I imagine they are partly used when deciding on lock down, school closures, etc....., and today they are at 4200.....I think the highest so far.

I do not put a lot of weight into what the numbers are, but for the sake of the folks that do and make decisions surrounding them, sure would be nice to see them start to decrease......but maybe that is not possible given the testing being done and the time of year i.e. other flu strains, etc......

• 4 weeks later...

Made a decision last week and put the wife's Vector on the market. 2012 RS Vector with 9500 kms. Very Clean, studded up the middle, full service done 500 kms ago (fall of 2019).

Sold for my asking price of $6000 in 2 days. When I listed I had 3 offers of $5000 by text the first night. I did see some ads listing for $7000 with more miles but the ads were getting older. I think the price was fair.

Now shopping for a new sled for her. Looking like a 2022 Grand Touring Sport with a 900 Ace. Might bump up to an Enduro just to get the Ice Ripper, heated seat and Air ride. I have a dealer quoting me on both.

But I have also decided I might as well sell my back up sled. A 2015 MXZ-X 800, super clean with 3900 kms currently. I was planning to keep it and either trade it or sell private in the fall.

I'm wondering if I should just sell it now?

When talking to the dealer he offered me $5500 and said don't bring it here. We would be asking $9000 if we had your sled. Sell it private.

Does anyone think that used sled prices will be down in the fall?

11 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Made a decision last week and put the wife's Vector on the market. 2012 RS Vector with 9500 kms. Very Clean, studded up the middle, full service done 500 kms ago (fall of 2019).

Sold for my asking price of $6000 in 2 days. When I listed I had 3 offers of $5000 by text the first night. I did see some ads listing for $7000 with more miles but the ads were getting older. I think the price was fair.

Now shopping for a new sled for her. Looking like a 2022 Grand Touring Sport with a 900 Ace. Might bump up to an Enduro just to get the Ice Ripper, heated seat and Air ride. I have a dealer quoting me on both.

But I have also decided I might as well sell my back up sled. A 2015 MXZ-X 800, super clean with 3900 kms currently. I was planning to keep it and either trade it or sell private in the fall.

When talking to the dealer he offered me $5500 and said don't bring it here. We would be asking $9000 if we had your sled. Sell it private.

Could they possibly be higher is a better question?

Not being used....sell, sell, sell.....

Depending on the virus status and southern travel prices could be lower or even higher. Flip a coin. Not using it... sell. That's why I sold my wife's sled... not using it. 

As for getting the heated seat... I thought I would never use it but the sled came with it. I accidentally hit the switch one time and suddenly thought... hmm... this is kinda nice. I can live without it but since I have it I appreciate it. 

I sold my 2010 for $700 more then I paid 3 years ago in one day. I doubt the prices will stay high into next fall, but wouldn't count on getting a brand new sled. My 2010 mxz had 10,000km on it and I got $5400 for it, you would make out way better selling private

Edited by Poo Man

9 hours ago, Poo Man said:

I sold my 2010 for $700 more then I paid 3 years ago in one day. I doubt the prices will stay high into next fall, but wouldn't count on getting a brand new sled. My 2010 mxz had 10,000km on it and I got $5400 for it, you would make out way better selling private

Poo Man, any regrets on the sale?  Not trying to potentially throw salt on a wound but conditions have been pretty good around you.  I briefly had thoughts about selling but couldn’t bring myself to do it.  Happy I didn’t as I’ve been out  riding them.  

When you pick up another sled I look forward to finally heading out for a ride with you:cheers:

3 hours ago, Arctic JC said:

Poo Man, any regrets on the sale?  Not trying to potentially throw salt on a wound but conditions have been pretty good around you.  I briefly had thoughts about selling but couldn’t bring myself to do it.  Happy I didn’t as I’ve been out  riding them.  

When you pick up another sled I look forward to finally heading out for a ride with you:cheers:

I do, I was actually going to remove the ad if the person coming didn't buy it! But I have a busy schedule with home renovations and figure I can upgrade next year if I decide to, might take another year off. Swing by in the summer and we'll head out in the boat instead:cheers:

• Like 1

I honestly can't believe with all that is going on and the winter we've had to date that anyone is spending money on sledding, but on the plus side, I think it's great and think it speaks volumes about the dedicated core of riders still out there.

1 hour ago, Spiderman said:

I honestly can't believe with all that is going on and the winter we've had to date that anyone is spending money on sledding, but on the plus side, I think it's great and think it speaks volumes about the dedicated core of riders still out there.

You need to get out and ride. Conditions around your parents are improving, lakes are getting staked, etc....

I know you have reservations about staying at your parents, which are understandable, but heading up for a day ride is doable.....but it is a bit of a drive from steel city.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I sell 800. The demand for 800 is getting weaker as time goes on. More riders prefer 850 now. You did ok on vector, that sled is now out dated big time. 
grand touring se is a nice snowmobile if you are touring type. Lots of storage. I like mine but new ones seat don’t go forward like the xs, can’t use it as a back rest, when riding single. Two up seat adds weight too. 
129 in a different platform might be a better option for her. Easier steering, still good flotation too. Hard choice really.

good luck. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

6 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

I sell 800. The demand for 800 is getting weaker as time goes on. More riders prefer 850 now. You did ok on vector, that sled is now out dated big time. 
grand touring se is a nice snowmobile if you are touring type. Lots of storage. I like mine but new ones seat don’t go forward like the xs, can’t use it as a back rest, when riding single. Two up seat adds weight too. 
129 in a different platform might be a better option for her. Easier steering, still good flotation too. Hard choice really.

good luck. 

People are buying virtually anything that hits the market. Clean sleds sell fast regardless of the size. The sled got ridden again today so I'm probably going to gamble on a fall sale. With everyone riding in the south right now and it looks like the season will go at least a couple more weeks, I think sales will still be good.

I don't believe you can get a 900 in a 129, at least from what I've seen on Skidoo.com. I'm not buying another 2 stroke.

I'm looking at the Grand Sport instead of the LTD. I'd swap the seat to a single electric and store the 2up. NO storage comes with the Sport. You have to buy a trunk if you want one. The need for the Air ride on the LTD is questionably. She would set it to the softest setting and never change it. I think the cheap Motion Controls will be fine. The only thing the LTD or Sport are missing is an Ice Ripper. You can get all these options (electric seat, Air Ride, Ice Ripper, and a small trunk) on an Enduro.

Its $2000 more but it may be worth it. I'd be paying $639 for the seat and $400 in studs at least. Only a $1000 more gets me the Air Ride, better from shocks and some trunk space.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

People are buying virtually anything that hits the market. Clean sleds sell fast regardless of the size. The sled got ridden again today so I'm probably going to gamble on a fall sale. With everyone riding in the south right now and it looks like the season will go at least a couple more weeks, I think sales will still be good.

I don't believe you can get a 900 in a 129, at least from what I've seen on Skidoo.com. I'm not buying another 2 stroke.

I'm looking at the Grand Sport instead of the LTD. I'd swap the seat to a single electric and store the 2up. NO storage comes with the Sport. You have to buy a trunk if you want one. The need for the Air ride on the LTD is questionably. She would set it to the softest setting and never change it. I think the cheap Motion Controls will be fine. The only thing the LTD or Sport are missing is an Ice Ripper. You can get all these options (electric seat, Air Ride, Ice Ripper, and a small trunk) on an Enduro.

Its $2000 more but it may be worth it. I'd be paying $639 for the seat and $400 in studs at least. Only a $1000 more gets me the Air Ride, better from shocks and some trunk space.

Air ride is nice and it re charges every time you hit a bump. You can hear compressor came on. I have an se grand touring with it, in 900. It really softens ride no doubt. I won’t buy another sled without air ride. 

On 2/3/2021 at 9:07 PM, Blackstar said:

That was my choice on a spring order   the value is great I think   I hesitated due to covid so a fall purchase was made   My trade was quite good in value since the market was good   I would think she will love a 900 enduro   wide body lots of room for luggage and  of course you have all the rest figured out   

• Like 1

On 2/3/2021 at 9:07 PM, Blackstar said:

Correct.  Only Renny 4 Strokes from Doo. Hopefully that changes Feb 17 2021, but not holding my breath. Mrs

Turbo Doo wants a 2022 Doo MXZ X , or XRS 900 ACE. You listening Doo????...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

What? No turbo for Mrs. TD?

12 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

:wtf:, im not saying anything.  She can order whatever she wants. B)

I love my MXZ Blizzard 900 Ace just the right size and power for me....well most of the time.  I find the Renny to long for me.  I can handle it but love the shorter track.  I want to make sure I find just the right trade since they don't make mine anymore I hesitate selling it and not loving something as much.  Really wish ski-doo made more of these.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2021 at 8:35 PM, Mrs Turbo Doo said:

I love my MXZ Blizzard 900 Ace just the right size and power for me....well most of the time.  I find the Renny to long for me.  I can handle it but love the shorter track.  I want to make sure I find just the right trade since they don't make mine anymore I hesitate selling it and not loving something as much.  Really wish ski-doo made more of these.

X2. I have owned 2 Rennies previously and agree with the logic that not much is given up in terms of turning, and that the longer skid bridges bumps better, but dammit I just want a 129. I travel faster than the average sledder, and don't want the extra complexity or power of a turbo. BRP, please bring back a n/a 900 in a 129 skid.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tricky said:

X2. I have owned 2 Rennies previously and agree with the logic that not much is given up in terms of turning, and that the longer skid bridges bumps better, but dammit I just want a 129. I travel faster than the average sledder, and don't want the extra complexity or power of a turbo. BRP, please bring back a n/a 900 in a 129 skid.

I never understood why they stopped making that sled. Just imagine a G4 MXZ X or XRS 900 Ace. Mrs. Turbo Doo would spring order one faster then i would spring order a Mach Z..

Edited by Turbo Doo
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Sold the Skidoo tonight.

Already to spring order.

Congrats!

Get what you were expecting I am sure too.

I was thinking of picking up a gently used 2021 for next year, but now leaning towards a new 2022. 

41 minutes ago, stoney said:

Congrats!

Get what you were expecting I am sure too.

I was thinking of picking up a gently used 2021 for next year, but now leaning towards a new 2022. 

2015 MXZ-X 800, 4400 kms, sold it for $8400, she was happy and so was I.

I listed that sled for $8500 2 years ago when it had 3000 kms on it and never got one inquiry.....lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1