Sold sled because of COVID

GrizzlyGriff

18 minutes ago, Yamforlife said:

I for one will be marching in the streets if this happens!!   Trudeau can go pound salt up his ass!!!!  

It's coming; espec. with Joke Biden in the White House-higher cap. gains/less dividend tax credit-U name it-it's coming-look @ the deficit/debt!

32 minutes ago, Muskoka1 said:

It's coming; espec. with Joke Biden in the White House-higher cap. gains/less dividend tax credit-U name it-it's coming-look @ the deficit/debt!

Well I hope Canadians wake up soon.......... people have no clue!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, stoney said:

Congratulations on the soon to be bundle of joy  :cheers:

Thankyou sir! 

• Like 1

1609446641534-productstill.thumb.png.fddb43f7ad09bd3927074b40a6c8db64.png

Yep Changing the sleds up. 2015 Viper for sale and already purchased  Polaris 850 SKS 146". So now have the Sidewinder for trail riding and SKS for playing. Almost impossible to find  the SKS with Covid shortage of sleds.

• Like 1

That sure is purdy. The price of used sleds in the 2017-2019 range have gone up $2-3000 in the last couple weeks wow. Now that’s asking price so don’t know if that’s what they are getting. 

5 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

They might pay as much tax as us then haha. Not likely. Somebody has to pay for the trillions of Covid relief. Death and taxes. 

Death from Trudope's taxes!

5 hours ago, Yamforlife said:

Well I hope Canadians wake up soon.......... people have no clue!!!

They'll never wake up-$ is free!!! NOT!!!

22 hours ago, ToSlow said:

I don’t mind paying my taxes. But it pisses me off to no end when they start stealing from me.

Fighting CRA is a challenge... public transit passes used to be deductible. My wife worked at Yonge & Dundas and took the subway daily so she had the monthly Metro Pass. We bought them from the local variety store and paid cash. Like most variety stores the cash register receipts really don't tell you much beyond the amount. Doesn't tell you anything about what it's for. The Metro Pass was a plastic card the size of a credit card. We claimed the deduction and they wanted proof. I set up all the cards on the bed of the scanner and sent CRA the pdf documents. They wouldn't accept the images of the 12 cards, all of which were unique and had the month on them. They wanted receipts... copied the register receipts... wouldn't accept them either even though the amounts were all the same and in the same amount as the TTC website said the pass cost since the receipt didn't say what it was for.

20 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Not sure why would getting to work is tax deductible? Get up, go to work, get paid, pay taxes and do it all over again tomorrow!

They wanted to encourage people to use public transit rather than personal vehicles so monthly public transit passes were an eligible deduction. It didn't hinge on what you used it for... going to work or just traveling around the city.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

They wanted to encourage people to use public transit rather than personal vehicles so monthly public transit passes were an eligible deduction. It didn't hinge on what you used it for... going to work or just traveling around the city.

gotcha

19 hours ago, Muskoka1 said:

They'll never wake up-$ is free!!! NOT!!!

I would expect a different type of industrial nation accounting to result as most of the world is in the same situation. If you look at the Canadian debt incurred fighting World War II the increase in productivity via war industries and increases in the Canadian technological base (prior to WWII 47% of Canadians worked in agricultural domains...this significantly lessened for the decade following) made a huge difference in paying off war debt.

World money fund partners might decide on some sort of "resett" of balances. Prior to the pandemic, there was evidence of this being considered when the negative interest rate phenomenon became apparent. Another scenario is based on a cyclical gradual paying off of debt balances on a rotational basis from richer countries accepting the debt of poorer countries in stages.

Not sure what Biden being elected has to do with it, (above) but with baby Trump gone, the increase in world political stability and that of the financial markets will make things easier.

That was deep. 

Edited by GrizzlyGriff

6 hours ago, slomo said:

That's why the study of Economics is called the dark science. ;)

It's also good for insomnia... in university if it was late at night and I was having trouble sleeping I would crack open my Economics text book and read about things like balance of trade... lights out soon after.

• Haha 1

Just announced that Northern Ontario is now staying in lockdown until Jan. 23 like the rest of the province.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

:furious3:

it was out of your health unit anyway Turbo