Sold sled because of COVID

GrizzlyGriff

A few years ago I only put 500 miles on the sled. Yes it sucked but I had no thoughts of selling it. Next year would be better was my thought.

• Like 1

Only missed 2 seasons out of 40+ years of riding 

due to family illnesses 

use to have several in the group who rode but just down to me these days

if I ever grumble about selling it all my wife’s just says I’m not allowed too ....... :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, revrnd said:

A few years ago I only put 500 miles on the sled. Yes it sucked but I had no thoughts of selling it. Next year would be better was my thought.

Leaf's fan by chance?

Just kidding, I said the same for many years.

I said the same at the end of '19, wasn't a good year for me, was glad to see it gone, and thought 2020 couldn't be much worse. Damn, was I wrong.

• Haha 1

Sold my 800 adrenaline 3 weeks ago ,kept the 154 long track for the back 100 and logging rds and mining roads in northern Ontario for the boys weekends 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Crow said:

Leaf's fan by chance?

Just kidding, I said the same for many years.

I said the same at the end of '19, wasn't a good year for me, was glad to see it gone, and thought 2020 couldn't be much worse. Damn, was I wrong.

Yes, just a bad year that season. We had snow but I wasn't really in the mood to ride. 

if im being honest the thought of listing both my brand new sleds has crossed my mind, ... of coarse id need to run that proposal by my CEO for approval 

cheers

33 minutes ago, Sksman said:

When will the current Covid prices start to drop?  

February?

Great question, Feb us too early though, depending how this season & covid plays out of course.....

41 minutes ago, Sksman said:

When will the current Covid prices start to drop?  

February?

If you can accurately predict when that will happen you are good. I'm betting it has already started given the weather the past week and the slow opening of trails.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ToSlow said:

Was looking at motorcycles yesterday, prices are not dropping in that sport,

Same, we are possibly getting some dirt bikes this summer, even old stuff is silly prices

Edited by Spiderman

4 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Same, we are possibly getting some dirt bikes this summer, even old stuff is silly prices

It's definitely a sellers market... neighbor bought a boat 4 years ago last summer for $10,000. After 4 years of use was able to sell it for $18,000.

1 hour ago, ToSlow said:

If people are not working, then debt loads must be going through the roof 

Apparently Cdn's have more money then ever sitting in their bank accounts.......I know our household is not hurting, not rich either, but the Fall & winter are usually the more expensive time of the year for us traditionally due to lump sum payments we make this time of year and Christmas of course.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spiderman said:

Bought my 92 YZ250 off of Irv a couple of years ago and the kids have a PW50 plus we have a second PW50 that they could use as well.

Been great for weekend warriors, nothing crazy but fun for the kids and I.

For our use, I cannot see investing in more than I needed too.

I think the bigger question is do you have a place to ride without the hassles to today......

I sold 4 bikes this summer. 

Would have been crazy to keep them. 

One of them I quadrupled my $ on, after 6 years of ownership, including parts...

I was moving, and had had my fun with them buying, refurbishing them, riding them...

And then they got very occasional use as buddy bikes, backups, or vacation trips to Crown Land where there's no hassles riding.

Still have my #1 bike. (KTM 300XC )

I'm literally days from studding it and riding it if the weather doesn't change.

2 hours ago, stoney said:

Apparently Cdn's have more money then ever sitting in their bank accounts.......I know our household is not hurting, not rich either, but the Fall & winter are usually the more expensive time of the year for us traditionally due to lump sum payments we make this time of year and Christmas of course.

The PM and our finance minister have already mentioned that Canadians have vast amounts of savings that the government must figure out how to unlock these funds.

Trudeau is also investigating how to tax the equity people have in their homes.

Edited by 02Sled
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, 02Sled said:

The PM and our finance minister have already mentioned that Canadians have vast amounts of savings that the government must figure out how to unlock these funds.

Through gift taxes/estate/inheritance taxes/carbon taxes etc. etc. etc.!

Just now, Muskoka1 said:

Through gift taxes/estate/inheritance taxes/carbon taxes etc. etc. etc.!

From what I heard from Freeland speaking they want it unlocked which to me translates to government getting their hands on it long before you pass and are subject to estate/inheritance taxes. Those taxes are minimal. I have heard her allude to a tax not only on the earnings on your investments but a tax on the value of your savings. i.e. You have $100,000 in savings you hand over a % of the value of your savings to them to spend for you.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Sold the wife’s Yamaha viper rtx last week. We (I) rode it for 2 seasons and made money on it. Reason I say “I” is because she didn’t like it, so she rode mine. We only sold it because the new baby girl will be here in a few days or so. Like @RAMSOMAIR said, market is hot right now! 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

From what I heard from Freeland speaking they want it unlocked which to me translates to government getting their hands on it long before you pass and are subject to estate/inheritance taxes. Those taxes are minimal. I have heard her allude to a tax not only on the earnings on your investments but a tax on the value of your savings. i.e. You have $100,000 in savings you hand over a % of the value of your savings to them to spend for you.

Can you imagine the government taxing the money in your bank account. My god. I do say though, things are going to get interesting, especially as they 'government ' gets creative and find more ways to steal from us. These ideas are ludicrous...

Edited by Turbo Doo

14 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

Sold the wife’s Yamaha viper rtx last week. We (I) rode it for 2 seasons and made money on it. Reason I say “I” is because she didn’t like it, so she rode mine. We only sold it because the new baby girl will be here in a few days or so. Like @RAMSOMAIR said, market is hot right now! 

Congratulations on the soon to be bundle of joy  :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Can you imagine the government taxing the money in your bank account. My god. I do say though, things are going to get interesting, especially as they 'government ' gets creative and find more ways to steal from us. These ideas are ludicrous...

I for one will be marching in the streets if this happens!!   Trudeau can go pound salt up his ass!!!!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1