Sold sled because of COVID

GrizzlyGriff

Was thinking about selling my spare sled. I keep it around as a backup sled in case hers or mine have an issue but mostly its been ridden by friends. Its a '15 MXZX 800, around 3000 kms. I see guys asking $8500 with 3 times the kms. That's getting close to what I paid for it 4 years ago...lol

Its tempting to sell but I can't replace it.

11 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Was thinking about selling my spare sled. I keep it around as a backup sled in case hers or mine have an issue but mostly its been ridden by friends. Its a '15 MXZX 800, around 3000 kms. I see guys asking $8500 with 3 times the kms. That's getting close to what I paid for it 4 years ago...lol

Its tempting to sell but I can't replace it.

You could get huge dollars for that sled considering the mileage on it and the way the market is.

3 minutes ago, T bird said:

You could get huge dollars for that sled considering the mileage on it and the way the market is.

Like I said, its tempting to list it. Likely it will not be ridden this year.

2 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

That has been the talk since early summer I think.  Work and the economy seemed to be strong for so many people yet alot of people are suffering   the demand for toys is just crazy.   Just wondering how much people used to spend on "other" stuff such as travel  etc and now aren't able to so spend that money elsewhere    and good for them to spend money 

Yes try buying a new atv. My brp dealer was able to order one atv last month and that was it. No stock, no inventory to draw from. Maybe September before I see anything if I ordered now. I am just wondering if I am going to be able to get a new zero turn mower for spring. Last fall Ferris was all sold out of model I wanted. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

Yep sold my sled and the kids sled. Kept the 570 fanner for ice fishing. Sold the cabin too. Bought a 28ft bunkhouse to have near water this coming camping season and bought a new fish trap and the a new fishing graph. Got tired of spending a fortune to chase snow and got addicted to fishing. 

• Sad 2

Best wishes with your new lifestyle Reevester.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stoney said:

But there will be a season!

With the titles of two of the top threads right now - why would anyone guess that the trails would be open?

It would be nice if the titles were edited, or the threads closed and new ones opened.

This is ridiculous...

6 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Yes try buying a new atv. My brp dealer was able to order one atv last month and that was it. No stock, no inventory to draw from. Maybe September before I see anything if I ordered now. I am just wondering if I am going to be able to get a new zero turn mower for spring. Last fall Ferris was all sold out of model I wanted. 

Better get them ordered and get those expenses for 2020

1 hour ago, reevester said:

Yep sold my sled and the kids sled. Kept the 570 fanner for ice fishing. Sold the cabin too. Bought a 28ft bunkhouse to have near water this coming camping season and bought a new fish trap and the a new fishing graph. Got tired of spending a fortune to chase snow and got addicted to fishing. 

You will be missed on our sledding trips for sure, Hopefully one day we get you back.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, reevester said:

Bet you might have made a few bucks on the kids sled :)

Cheers man, all the best, come back though - I will be back full-time in 5 years once his hockey career is over lol

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Ox said:

With the titles of two of the top threads right now - why would anyone guess that the trails would be open?

It would be nice if the titles were edited, or the threads closed and new ones opened.

This is ridiculous...

The government flip flops on everything. If they still don't like what they see they will keep restricting more, even if it makes no sense.

35 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Cheers man, all the best, come back though - I will be back full-time in 5 years once his hockey career is over lol

Yeah little bit. :)

Probably only put 2 tanks of has through it. Still have an et340 at my dads if he decides to take an interest in a few years. He wants an atv so that'll come next spring or summer. 

1 minute ago, reevester said:

Yeah little bit. :)

Probably only put 2 tanks of has through it. Still have an et340 at my dads if he decides to take an interest in a few years. He wants an atv so that'll come next spring or summer. 

:cheers: - as long as the kid is happy, all that matters.

We ordered a "low" windshield for my son's Indy Lite - he doesn't like the "grandpa" shield on it.

He is more and more like me all the time - which is SCARY ! 

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, stay safe.

1 hour ago, Nunz said:

You will be missed on our sledding trips for sure, Hopefully one day we get you back.

58 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Oh come on, he is coming back....just give it some time :)

Cannot just turn the handle off that easy.....

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

:cheers: - as long as the kid is happy, all that matters.

We ordered a "low" windshield for my son's Indy Lite - he doesn't like the "grandpa" shield on it.

He is more and more like me all the time - which is SCARY ! 

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, stay safe.

Merry Christmas to you guys too. Hopefully they get some snow and cold soon up north. Waiting to head in behind Kearney fishing in the new year. 

36 minutes ago, stoney said:

Oh come on, he is coming back....just give it some time :)

Cannot just turn the handle off that easy.....

I haven't left totally Im just going to be poking around on a 570. Maybe I'll look to get back in when the kid is older but for know my money is wasted on boats and electronics. :cheers:

13 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

Toy garage ?  Sounds like you already have a plan to fill the space :icon_dance-cpatch:

No plans for new toys yet, still have lots.  This sale just makes more physical room for the seasonal shuffle as well as the room for maintenance.  Have two sets of ATV tires to change before the spring.  

My wife thinks the cash will go towards scuba dry suits so I better save it. 

Merry Christmas and sweet sledding dreams!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, reevester said:

Best wishes to you guys:right_on:.. Here i had hopes of bringing you over to the Dark boosted power side of the sport,  like you had talked about...

5 hours ago, reevester said:

Merry Christmas to you guys too. Hopefully they get some snow and cold soon up north. Waiting to head in behind Kearney fishing in the new year. 

I haven't left totally Im just going to be poking around on a 570. Maybe I'll look to get back in when the kid is older but for know my money is wasted on boats and electronics. :cheers:

Yep, will see you back into the sport riding a real sled in a few years, no doubt!

17 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Best wishes to you guys:right_on:.. Here i had hopes of bringing you over to the Dark boosted power side of the sport,  like you had talked about...

WHEN he returns, highly doubtful he will be a 2-smoke......maybe by the time he comes back, Poo-Poo will finally have a 4-stroke again.....

16 minutes ago, stoney said:

Yep, will see you back into the sport riding a real sled in a few years, no doubt!

WHEN he returns, highly doubtful he will be a 2-smoke......maybe by the time he comes back, Poo-Poo will finally have a 4-stroke again.....

Waiting....For the Poo Poo...:evil2:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Even with the amount of fishing we plan on doing I'll eventually have a another sled and it will be a 4s, probably stay na thought. I was honestly getting board and was starting to lose that adrenaline I always had sledding. Sounds weird but being a fishing nut brings me that now. 

• Like 4

Just now, reevester said:

Even with the amount of fishing we plan on doing I'll eventually have a another sled and it will be a 4s, probably stay na thought. I was honestly getting board and was starting to lose that adrenaline I always had sledding. Sounds weird but being a fishing nut brings me that now. 

Whichever way you go, best wishes to you guys. :right_on:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, reevester said:

Yep, sound weird for sure :fishing:.....lol.

Definitely not an unusual thing to see it happen. Out of the a group of about 7 of us that used to ride many times a year and had a great time doing it, I am likely the only one that still rides, albeit less that I used too, but still love the time on the sled, in the trails etc.....not loving anymore the drive to get to the riding though......

Enjoy whatever it is that brings you happiness, that can and will change! :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/23/2020 at 8:24 AM, reevester said:

Sorry to hear Kyle, however, fully understand. 

I too was spending a fortune in my younger days on new sleds and my bank account was empty. Now I drive $2000 sleds and now my wife's bank account is full.  Haha. 

• Haha 2