New Lockdown & OFSC trails

chez-nous cest skidoo

2 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

I noticed they closed down most of trails in north now. A few km’s left around Cochrane. Not much choice in flex trails in north now. 

Edited 1 hour ago by Strong Farmer

I still see 114 kms right now on the trail map.  Same as last night.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, revrnd said:

Crowds at Whistler on the weekend. Not sure if the 'bases' at the hills are like that in Ontario.

I spoke to a friend who skied in BC. From start to finish:

1. Change outside ( shoes to ski boots, leave shoes in car)

2. There's only cafeteria style food service open ( a lot like a checkout line at store or, I suppose, Costco cafeteria, which I'm told never closed- line up, order, takeout only )

3. Bathrooms are open.

4. Ride the lift with your partner..if it seats 6 then 2 go up. If it's 4 width, 2 go up. He was with a buddy, don't know the rules on family or groups of 3 or 4.

Hey Blake, with southern Ontario ski hills closed and all that snow on them ..... :rolleyes: ( kidding!)

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Canuck said:

Hey Blake, with southern Ontario ski hills closed and all that snow on them ..... :rolleyes: ( kidding!)

Now wouldn't that be something??

LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Now wouldn't that be something??

LOL 

They doo that at Snow King Hill in Jackson Hole, Wyoming every year.

Sounds like BC is dooing aboot the same thing as Colorado.

The difference is that (as I read it) that in Col they were saying that 2 strangers could occupy opp ends of the same 6 seater, but if you were a unit, then you could pile on more.

Edited by Ox
added quote for clarity
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, revrnd said:

Horvath now saying on TV if Ford had listened to the NDP back in Nov this wouldnt have been necessary...

she's even dumber than I thought... she says he's doing everything wrong but doesn't come up with any alternatives

21 hours ago, revrnd said:

I wonder what her son is doing these days? He looked like he was waiting to be accepted into McMaster a few years ago. LOL

My money says he's at home collecting the federal money...

21 hours ago, Spiderman said:

Yup, they have the 28 days to say "gotcha" - then keep you there for an eternity - the spring was never ending - this will be too, the vaccine falacy is just that, we have 14+ million identified people in this province - this is never going away - ever, "new strain" - new fear mongering. Every virus has new strains, this is nothing new in the world.

The mutated virus was identified in the UK and they are locked down... they aren't leaving the country since they are banned from entering other countries... much like Americans are unwelcome in other countries.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ox said:

They doo that at Snow King Hill in Jackson Hole, Wyoming every year.

Sounds like BC is dooing aboot the same thing as Colorado.

The difference is that (as I read it) that in Col they were saying that 2 strangers could occupy opp ends of the same 6 seater, but if you were a unit, then you could pile on more.

There used to be a ski hill around this neck of the woods that did that at the end of the season, just do not recall which ski hill.

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

The mutated virus was identified in the UK and they are locked down... they aren't leaving the country since they are banned from entering other countries... much like Americans are unwelcome in other countries.

... and you honestly think that it is confined to the UK? 

Heathrow?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ecarnell said:

I wasn’t making a reference to you specifically going to a crowded mall (sorry if you took it that way)  - was trying to compare skiing under new COVID rules to the craziness of malls last couple of weeks

:right_on:

16 minutes ago, stoney said:

Kind of fellin like deja vu......wasn't it about this time a year ago a mysterious virus popped up in Chi-Na.....

I never heard aboot it until New Years.

I remember passing out in a Col motel one night (actually two nights - tired, not other) and they were talking aboot that on the news.

Edited by Ox

11 minutes ago, Ox said:

I never heard aboot it until New Years.

I remember passing out in a Col motel one night (actually two nights - tired, not other) and they were talking aboot that on the news.

Apparently it was already in Chi-Na before the New year, but not actually shared with the world, by the time it was, too late.....

I remember my wife and a couple of friends caught some nasty flu like virus early Jan, something they never had before & kicked the $hit out of them for about a week......a month or so later and start wondering if it was C-19 that they had.....

Had they even shut down Wuhan in mid December, it would have only delayed the innevitable. 

The cat is out of the bag. (or at least out of the Wuhan Institute of Virology)

It's not like it was a quick acting disease that took out a whole village deep in the Congo.

Edited by Ox

3 hours ago, Ox said:

... and you honestly think that it is confined to the UK? 

Heathrow?

so far...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 02Sled said:

so far...

I am thinking that this something like seeing a radar trap ahead when you are rolling along at 30 over. Once you've seen them, they already have ya. New strain is likely here, US and Europe at a minimum.

• Like 1

At >125 million passengers in / out / and through London per year, and considering that there likely isn't nearly the intra-country air travel there like there is in Canada / USA, that's a lot of people going somewhere else all the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_busiest_airports_by_passenger_traffic

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Australia has confirmed 2 cases of the new mutant covid beer flu..

Pfizer says their vaccine should be able to handle it!