New Lockdown & OFSC trails

chez-nous cest skidoo

3 hours ago, Yamforlife said:

Crown land is controlled by the province, is it not???

So that will be closed as well, just like the provincially owned Ontario Parks forest down the road from me.....

This past Summer, my kids and I, as well others, would go for walks in the forest through the maze of trails when schools were closed & we were in the first "lock down"....one day we are walking out of the forest and I see an OPP car parked along the road, he approaches us on foot and lets me know the forest trails are closed, I give him a look like really, he politely states that this is the current rule in place and kindly stay out until they are opened. You could tell that he really did not want to do this, but such is life.

Which than made me realize that is why I was seeing OPP cars parked all around the various roads that lead to the forest the past few weeks & thought it was very odd to see the OPP....my first thought was something bad must have happened in the forest....

Just now, revrnd said:

Do you think the World Juniors will be completed? Canada's game against Sweden was canceled and Germany's team is in quarantine.

Its the fact that it still went ahead.  We brang people in to our country from hard hit areas. They are positive covid peeps now, in our country,  for what, Hockey,  come on...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Turbo Doo said:

Its the fact that it still went ahead.  We brang people in to our country from hard hit areas. They are positive covid peeps now, in our country,  for what, Hockey,  come on...

TSN & its sponsors pay big bucks for the Juniors.

I dont know why the NHL didn't just cancel the whole thing for 2020. I didn't hear 1 person commenting on the playoffs or who won.

1 minute ago, revrnd said:

I dont know why the NHL didn't just cancel the whole thing for 2020. I didn't hear 1 person commenting on the playoffs or who won.

Exactly.  We are single handedly ruining peoples lives, but we are making an extra effort to have the world juniors continue on. You can tell me that makes sense. We are going to most likely shut down anything to do with sledding for 14 days in the north,  to 28 days in the south, but continue with hockey and flights out with Canadians on them, to warm destinations for Christmas, and turn around and tell everyone here not to celebrate.  Just does not add up to some. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, revrnd said:

World juniors is ridiculous due to the international travel. The nhl is doing a Canadian division so no border crossing, personally I'm fine with this. 

13 hours ago, livin' on the b103 said:

I happened upon a CBC report earlier this evening that defined what "Southern Ontario" and "Northern Ontario" were  in the context of the  total, long  shutdown and the short slight lockdown meant. Looks like everything up to Sudbury is now Southern Ontario as far as total lockdown is concerned. I am so tired of this S$%$#T I can't even type this properly. This is not about sledding only, it is about taking away our lives as we knew it. 

BARELY

Livin"

Far better than dying and not living at all.

13 hours ago, stoney said:

The government shut down boating in the summer for a bit..... who knows what crazy $hit might be tried. 

Boat launches were closed, I remember the barricades and police also stationed at them on weekends. 

Actually they shut down marinas prior to the May 24 weekend but then they opened... just later than usual. They were allowed to provide docking to customers who needed it to get to water access residences during the general shut down. The local municipalities were left to decide if their public launches were open or closed. Some townships had theirs open others didn't. If you had a boat in the water and or access to a launch ramp you were able to boat.

12 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Hailburton forest will be open as usual too, snow or low snow guaranteed. Lol 

lots of lakes to ride if you know where you are going. 

Not if all non-essential business is shut down.

People are getting tired of putting a big part of life on hold for a small minority that need the protection given the circumstances and it might get ugly. 

I'm sure Sledjunk and his family as well as the families of the thousands who have died think differently... as would the entitled as soon as it hits someone they care about.

• Like 6

Ottawa has 18 Covid patients hospitalized, Zero in ICU. Over 1,000,000 people. 

Doug Ford, "Lock her down!"

Makes perfect sense. 

• Confused 1

Oh yes we're such an entitled lot aren't we. Its all about us and our quality of lift. When someone says "barely livin" makes be laugh, I don't think they know what barely livin looks like. Most of the world doesn't know when there next meal will come let alone even understanding what recreation means.

We should all know better, our friend Dave (Sledjunk) was taken by this. Do we need to see our loved ones sick or die before we change? Reading above makes me think so.

We're all in this together. A lot of people and small businesses are going down financially and we gripe about not being able to spend the winter on our $20k toys.  Get over yourself, you are part of a society, like it or not. Man up and suck it up fellas, or get the hell out.

Edited by Puggz
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Poo Man said:

The OPP here in wasaga finally setup a checkpoint turning people around for some stupid car gathering. Happy to see my tax dollars used for something for once

They had similar thing at the entrance to Sibbald point as well, once at capacity, all others were told they are full by the police on the road to the entrance.

15 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Actually they shut down marinas prior to the May 24 weekend but then they opened... just later than usual. They were allowed to provide docking to customers who needed it to get to water access residences during the general shut down. The local municipalities were left to decide if their public launches were open or closed. Some townships had theirs open others didn't. If you had a boat in the water and or access to a launch ramp you were able to boat.

That is right, I remember hearing about doing the boats for water access places only and first......and I do not recall when the launches around here finally opened up again.

15 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I'm sure Sledjunk and his family as well as the families of the thousands who have died think differently... as would the entitled as soon as it hits someone they care about.

Yes, I am sure many would and we all have our own thoughts & opinions on his matter regardless of what has happened. As I have said before, there seems to a great divide on this matter with opinions strong on both sides based on what has transpired thus far.....and that is okay to have your own, hopefully we will find the happy medium and get past this in the very near future . 

My dad who is 75 that falls into the higher risk but not the highest risk has pretty much carried on with life, with his new girlfriend of the same age, as best they can while taking the precautions they needs too.

He understand the risks and that he could get sick or die at anytime regardless of current situations....he always has but seems to even more now since my mom passed so quickly.

He does not agree with being told what he can or cannot do, but accepts the decisions he has made, takes the required precautions and carries on.

I hope and expect that his grandsons, myself, my dad and maybe one his great grandson's will be able to get out for some more golf again next year and ideally a few more years, but you never really know! 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Exactly.  We are single handedly ruining peoples lives, but we are making an extra effort to have the world juniors continue on. You can tell me that makes sense. We are going to most likely shut down anything to do with sledding for 14 days in the north,  to 28 days in the south, but continue with hockey and flights out with Canadians on them, to warm destinations for Christmas, and turn around and tell everyone here not to celebrate.  Just does not add up to some. 

Money talks.

6 minutes ago, Puggz said:

Oh yes we're such an entitled lot aren't we. Its all about us and our quality of lift. When someone says "barely livin" makes be laugh, I don't think they know what barely livin looks like. Most of the world doesn't know when there next meal will come let alone even understanding what recreation means.

We should all know better, our friend Dave (Sledjunk) was taken by this. Do we need to see our loved ones sick or die before we change? Reading above makes me think so.

We're all in this together. A lot of people and small businesses are going down financially and we gripe about not being able to spend the winter on our $20k toys.  Get over yourself, you are part of a society, like it or not. Man up and suck it up fellas, or get the hell out.

absolutely....thank you

13 minutes ago, skidooboy said:

I guess im getting 50% of my money back then?

• Haha 1

not unless they close the entire system for the rest of the year, before mid feb. Ski

1 minute ago, skidooboy said:

not unless they close the entire system for the rest of the year, before mid feb. Ski

UTS is looking for 50% of his money back not the $50.00 on early permit guarantee

8 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

I guess im getting 50% of my money back then?

5 hours ago, Sksman said:

So to be clear we can get on a plane and fly to Jamaica, Cuba or Mexico for a party filled week but we cannot drive and snowmobile as we are putting to many people at risk?

Or we still allow air travel from hot zones and allow cases of Covid into the country regularly?  

Something is wrong in this country and it begins with our Political leaders.

Not quite...people are not allowed into Canada from the US for tourism purposes. Actually the US is shut out of travel to almost every country in the world. Trudeau is however dragging his feet on banning travel from the UK which due to a new strain of the virus is in full lockdown. The government of Canada can't really stop people from exiting Canada. That is up to the destination country as to whether they will allow Canadians in.

1 minute ago, 02Sled said:

Not quite...people are not allowed into Canada from the US for tourism purposes. Actually the US is shut out of travel to almost every country in the world. Trudeau is however dragging his feet on banning travel from the UK which due to a new strain of the virus is in full lockdown. The government of Canada can't really stop people from exiting Canada. That is up to the destination country as to whether they will allow Canadians in.

No planes now from the UK as of last night..

few mins till Ford tell us what's happening, ran out to grab some paint & supplies, I need something to do my week off after xmas lol

30 minutes ago, Puggz said:

Very well said... oh my what a horrible hardship we are living. For most of us our parents and grandparents actually know what hardship is... they lived through horrible times. In comparison the pandemic is a walk in the park. WW1 WW2 and the depression. If you think you have it bad because you may not be able to sled... ask those who lost absolutely everything. The people of London England who endured daily bombings, hiding in the subways at night. The rationing of EVERYTHING including food. You didn't have a ration coupon you didn't get food. The people who endured trench warfare standing crotch deep in feces, urine, water and mud. Families that had their entire male generation wiped out. The countries of Europe were far worse off than Canada.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

No planes now from the UK as of last night..

72 hr ban for now......

most of Europe banning travel to and from UK 

Edited by Sledguy74

22 minutes ago, Sledguy74 said:

few mins till Ford tell us what's happening, ran out to grab some paint & supplies, I need something to do my week off after xmas lol

I'm thinking they'll still do curbside pickup or just cut down on customers allowed in the stores. Wife us bitching at me about getting our back splash done:rolleyes: