New Lockdown & OFSC trails

chez-nous cest skidoo

So to be clear we can get on a plane and fly to Jamaica, Cuba or Mexico for a party filled week but we cannot drive and snowmobile as we are putting to many people at risk?

Or we still allow air travel from hot zones and allow cases of Covid into the country regularly?  

Something is wrong in this country and it begins with our Political leaders.

• Like 5

It will be like the old days before trails!!  We used to take out the map and bust trails into all kinds of places.....loved every minute of  it!!  Gotta try and make the best of it.  

Edited by Yamforlife
  • Like 2

We will see how many people really give a crap what they say.   I for one will be out riding regardless what the F$%$ they say (lots of areas around here to ride, most of the spots i have been riding for 40 years, and my father another 10 years before that.   Way before there were groomed trails).  I fish and hunt for food, so they would not be able to stop that i am thinking.   I do respect private land, but there are many who don't and this year will be the worst for our sport.

Also looking at the fact that so many new people coming into the sport that overpaid on their sleds...I don't think it is going to be a good year for private property owners sadly.   I hope i am wrong.

9 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

I know its not gonna prevent peeps from riding.  Lets get real. Closed trails for years never did. 

Even if sledders want to unlawfully ride the trails, they will be breaking laws by opening locked gates, and I cann,t imagine how crappy the trails would be, with zero grooming. And then consider the liability issues. NOT GOING TO BE A GOOD WINTER FOR HONEST LAW ABIDING SLEDDERS.

• Like 1

Gambled and didn't sell the sleds when the market was hot.

That'll teach me to get emotionally invested in an activity controlled by a government.

Let's face it, we all saw this coming when they offered trail passes months early this year.

Barring a miracle, this sport will go the way of windsurfing.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Yamforlife said:

This will be a handy map for many.  The parts shops will be busy this year with all the stump and rock hits.  Bring ur shovels

• Like 1

3 hours ago, slomo said:

Article CBC news Sudbury:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/snowmobiles-covid-19-pandemic-colour-zones-health-ofsc-1.5847775

Not sure it makes things any clearer.

thanks for posting     yes its pretty clear in my mind    just now need to confirm which areas are going into 28 day lockdown   if its south or Suds then the Edgewater trip is cancelled  

2 hours ago, Sksman said:

So to be clear we can get on a plane and fly to Jamaica, Cuba or Mexico for a party filled week but we cannot drive and snowmobile as we are putting to many people at risk?

Or we still allow air travel from hot zones and allow cases of Covid into the country regularly?  

Hey, at least you can watch the world juniors out west, and the NHL.:right_on:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

after 14 days the north will be busy          if I can trailer there  and we get accommodations  I will go to support these busineseses the best we can    Our small group has been staying as safe as possible and moving on with life the best we can and will try and continue to live in a pandemic world     and if there are road blocks or other reasons that we can't get there we will suck it up 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

after 14 days the north will be busy          if I can trailer there  and we get accommodations  I will go to support these busineseses the best we can    Our small group has been staying as safe as possible and moving on with life the best we can and will try and continue to live in a pandemic world     and if there are road blocks or other reasons that we can't get there we will suck it up 

guess we will all have to go hot rod shopping or upgrade the ATV lol:rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, Sledguy74 said:

guess we will all have to go hot rod shopping or upgrade the ATV lol:rolleyes:

Yup    but I already spent the hot rod money on the new sled LOL   oh well the little 327 is gonna have to do   but really need to get the LS2 out more   need to drive that more :icon_steer:   Oh and look at the little guy   he is driving a stick as well  

Edited by volunteer2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, snowman said:

This will be a handy map for many.  The parts shops will be busy this year with all the stump and rock hits.  Bring ur shovels

yup lol!

9 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

The problem with your plan is that you are defeating the purpose of the lock down and if they enforce the rules (not being together in a home or vehicle with someone who doesn't live under your roof like the last lock down) you would stand out like a sore thumb traveling with a snowmobile trailer 

• Like 1

And if the clubs aren't allowed to prep the next 14 days it be much longer until the north is ready to have trails.. We should find out this afternoon 

7 minutes ago, Muskoka Bill said:

The problem with your plan is that you are defeating the purpose of the lock down and if they enforce the rules (not being together in a home or vehicle with someone who doesn't live under your roof like the last lock down) you would stand out like a sore thumb traveling with a snowmobile trailer 

yup I do kinda agree    but from what everyone else is saying there probably will be lots of people doing it     If they will be enforcing our movements then yup we stay home    I guess  i am just saying that if the busineses are open we should try and support them the best we can in the safest way     It's just something we have been doing  all year    to try and buy local from small Ma and Pas    curbside pickup and so on   I did have enough work this year from customers that supported me    I don't want to just hide in the basement 

1 minute ago, volunteer2 said:

yup I do kinda agree    but from what everyone else is saying there probably will be lots of people doing it     If they will be enforcing our movements then yup we stay home    I guess  i am just saying that if the busineses are open we should try and support them the best we can in the safest way     It's just something we have been doing  all year    to try and buy local from small Ma and Pas    curbside pickup and so on   I did have enough work this year from customers that supported me    I don't want to just hide in the basement 

Do you think edgewater will give you a refund? Not sure what there policy’s are but heard some resorts only give credits or 50 percent back? Let us know how you make out. 

3 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

Let's see what the rules will be, I am booked in Cochrane for a week on Jan 18 and if there are no restrictions that prohibit and we are welcome I will be going.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sksman said:

Come on. Its less of a risk flying to lets say, Florida or wherever, then it is to snowmobile.  Everybody knows that, right?. :sarcasm_on-1:

• Haha 3

Just now, Turbo Doo said:

Come on. Its less of a risk flying to lets say, Florida or wherever, then it is to snowmobile.  Everybody knows that, right?. :sarcasm_on-1:

Let's just hope Turdeau doesn't pay for rescue flight's again , as these people traveled  knowing there would be some sort of restriction coming

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, tricky said:

Do you mean the small minority who may catch Covid 19? Or the smaller ones that will get sick, or seriously sick and hospitalized, or suffer life long damage to their neurological system, circulatory system, respiratory system, or sight, or the very small group of over 6K Canadians who have died? Or do you include those who are having scheduled surgeries of all kinds canceled because the hospitals need the beds for Covid 19 patients. Or are you including the small army of medical practitioners  who are getting completely drained from seeing people die by themselves. By comparison "snowmobilers", and I am a diehard, are a "small minority".

The small minority that are at greatest risk of death, what the catch phrase has been for C-19.....save a life.

Vs. those that "test positive" but are able to continue with life or sick in bed for a few days or a week, similar to what we have all done for many many years come flu season.

Do we know for a fact what the long term affects are, or just speculation (has to be seeing as this a "new" strain).....will we know in 6 months 12 months, 2 years, 5 years, etc...... I guess we need to stop everyone's life until we know and as long as the government can continue to say we are in a "pandemic", they can do as they wish whenever they want based on the pressures or the loudest voices.

The deaths are not 6000, they are just over 4000 as of yesterday and the disturbing part is we have no idea if the 4000 that died, really died of C-19....the fact is if a person dies or was already on their death bed, then tests positive for C-19, it is a C-19 death. My mom that passed away late 2019 would have likely been in the C-19 death number if she has just survived a few more months, but I know for a fact that it would have been cancer that killed her.

Does it suck that some hospitals are near capacity or over, yes it does, but this time of year the hospitals are usually busier anyways. Does it suck that people who need to have non C-19 procedures done cannot, 100% it does, are some using C-19 as a political tool, of course they are, not all, but you know it is happening, just look around at the fears of the what if.

People that decide to go in the medical field, police field, fire, etc.....do so knowing that they will  be exposed to things that many rather not, but that is part of the profession that they decided to get into. I sympathize with them and what they can be exposed too, but I also know that is the field they picked that could expose them to these things.

We are a small minority for sure in the grand picture, as are many other things, but lets look at this past Summer, outdoor activities saw a huge spike, yet the numbers were at their lowest to date.

According to what you might read, it is not the stores or restaurants where the spread is happening.

But lets shut everything down......

Here are a couple charts of deaths and deaths by age group to visualize the numbers and where those at greatest risk fall, which goes back to what many had said, protect those at greatest risk:

IMG_1161.png

IMG_1159.png

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, stoney said:

The small minority that are at greatest risk of death, what the catch phrase has been for C-19.....save a life.

Vs. those that "test positive" but are able to continue with life or sick in bed for a few days or a week, similar to what we have all done for many many years come flu season.

Do we know for a fact what the long term affects are, or just speculation (has to be seeing as this a "new" strain).....will we know in 6 months 12 months, 2 years, 5 years, etc...... I guess we need to stop everyone's life until we know and as long as the government can continue to say we are in a "pandemic", they can do as they wish whenever they want based on the pressures or the loudest voices.

The deaths are not 6000, they are just over 4000 as of yesterday and the disturbing part is we have no idea if the 4000 that died, really died of C-19....the fact is if a person dies or was already on their death bed, then tests positive for C-19, it is a C-19 death. My mom that passed away late 2019 would have likely been in the C-19 death number if she has just survived a few more months, but I know for a fact that it would have been cancer that killed her.

Does it suck that some hospitals are near capacity or over, yes it does, but this time of year the hospitals are usually busier anyways. Does it suck that people who need to have non C-19 procedures done cannot, 100% it does, are some using C-19 as a political tool, of course they are, not all, but you know it is happening, just look around at the fears of the what if.

People that decide to go in the medical field, police field, fire, etc.....do so knowing that they will  be exposed to things that many rather not, but that is part of the profession that they decided to get into. I sympathize with them and what they can be exposed too, but I also know that is the field they picked that could expose them to these things.

We are a small minority for sure in the grand picture, as are many other things, but lets look at this past Summer, outdoor activities saw a huge spike, yet the numbers were at their lowest to date.

According to what you might read, it is not the stores or restaurants where the spread is happening.

But lets shut everything down......

Here are a couple charts of deaths and deaths by age group to visualize the numbers and where those at greatest risk fall, which goes back to what many had said, protect those at greatest risk:

IMG_1161.png

IMG_1159.png

Very well said. 

2 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Hey, at least you can watch the world juniors out west, and the NHL.:right_on:

Do you think the World Juniors will be completed? Canada's game against Sweden was canceled and Germany's team is in quarantine.