New Lockdown & OFSC trails

chez-nous cest skidoo

16 hours ago, coolbane said:

I check out OC to get information relevant to snowmobiling. I don't go to OC to hear the political views and slurs of PLC, stoney and Muskoka1. You guys will eventually shut the light out here, just like all the other forums. 

:poke2:....:rotflmao:......:baghead:.....:ssh:....

16 hours ago, GTC said:

Im on here every night, just reading comments kills time right now, If you dont like it why you here

Exactly.....it has been a slow start this year with lots of uncertainty and politics at play as of late on so many levels.

14 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

:icon_munching:

The popcorn has been extra buttery and tasty lately :)

Many topics are political ones, while others are not that do not have politics involved (or very little IMO).......but to expect you will not see any political views that you or I may not agree with on any public forum, is I think being a tad naive.

I personally like to see others views on things, it can sometimes put things into a different light or perspective that you never thought to consider vs. being closed minded.

Likely going to see less actual reporting this year than ever as a result of what is going on and some people that may choose to react negative to the reports they see due to varying political views of our current environment......but I much rather enjoy seeing people out enjoying themselves via pictures, updates, etc.....on this forum or others!

Happy New Year to ALL and wishing & hoping for a prosperous 2021.....with plenty of cold, snow, good times and smiles :right_on: !!!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, stoney said:

Happy New Year to ALL and wishing & hoping for a prosperous 2021.....with plenty of cold, snow, good times and smiles :right_on: !!!!

Happy New Year to you and all the best in 2021

• Like 1

You know what I find most frustrating with the OFSC ...they have now made themselves a health authority.   Closing trails between health units when there is no legal travel restrictions by the Ontario government.  I wish they would just do the job their customers paid them to do.   Provide safe trails and a safe work environment for the staff.  With their most recent press release they are closing trails between health units.  The government agreed snowmobiling was allowed.  The OPP confirmed that you can travel (if you wish), this is crazy.  Don’t get me wrong.  My rant is not about if you should travel between health units nor the moral aspects.  But that is not the job of the OFSC to close trails to limit travel.  

OFSC: stay in your own lane and Open the trails.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Fox said:

With their most recent press release they are closing trails between health units.  

The government agreed snowmobiling was allowed. 

The OFSC stated their plan about this a few weeks ago.

Perhaps one of the reasons the Ontario government said that snowmobile trails would be allowed to open was because the OFSC showed their willingness to do their part to support the government's Covid-related goals.

image.png.a4e436a6bc2c42ff93d1a22bd8e6fc98.png

Edited by Blake G
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Fox said:

You know what I find most frustrating with the OFSC ...they have now made themselves a health authority.   Closing trails between health units when there is no legal travel restrictions by the Ontario government.  I wish they would just do the job their customers paid them to do.   Provide safe trails and a safe work environment for the staff.  With their most recent press release they are closing trails between health units.  The government agreed snowmobiling was allowed.  The OPP confirmed that you can travel (if you wish), this is crazy.  Don’t get me wrong.  My rant is not about if you should travel between health units nor the moral aspects.  But that is not the job of the OFSC to close trails to limit travel.  

OFSC: stay in your own lane and Open the trails.

I think they were proactively attempting to do something that would allow them to open instead of being forced to close like the ski resorts. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I agree with Zoso upon occasion.  LOL

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, zoso said:

I think they were proactively attempting to do something that would allow them to open instead of being forced to close like the ski resorts. 

Perhaps....at least you and Blake might have lowered my blood pressure with your optimistic outlook on the situation..

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Fox said:

Perhaps....at least you and Blake might have lowered my blood pressure with your optimistic outlook on the situation..

Things could have been much different if the OFSC didn't take proactive approach..  I am happy they did..

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

Things could have been much different if the OFSC didn't take proactive approach..  I am happy they did..

Good point. Sled trails could well have been on the list ski hills are on as I'm sure the OFSC was making the government aware of their plan well ahead of lock down.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Fox said:

I would have a hard time believing they would do anything to close the trails voluntarily and did everything they could to allow trails to open, the weather is still the biggest hurdle.

if you have snow and trails, go ride, be happy

I suspect the OFSC staff worked very hard with MTO and other ministries to persuade the govt that snowmobiling not be included with the ski hills. I think they argued that snowmobilers as a group are a responsible lot and would respect the self imposed travel limits. If we don’t, the govt will move to put snowmobiling in the non essential category and we will be forced to close  all trails again. We also need to say a prayer that no outbreaks are attributable to snowmobilers travelling outside their home PHU. Would be just another reason to close trails. 

• Like 1

Just now, Big Pete said:

I suspect the OFSC staff worked very hard with MTO and other ministries to persuade the govt that snowmobiling not be included with the ski hills. I think they argued that snowmobilers as a group are a responsible lot and would respect the self imposed travel limits. If we don’t, the govt will move to put snowmobiling in the non essential category and we will be forced to close  all trails again. We also need to say a prayer that no outbreaks are attributable to snowmobilers travelling outside their home PHU. Would be just another reason to close trails. 

No lift lines either, sledding can be very solitary, even in groups

• Thanks 1

On 12/21/2020 at 2:30 PM, stoney said:

very productive, she is....:headbang:

Says Yoda LOL

On 12/22/2020 at 1:35 PM, stoney said:

There used to be a ski hill around this neck of the woods that did that at the end of the season, just do not recall which ski hill.

Calabogie & Batawa used to have hillclimbs.

Unloading the sled in front of the house after supper as an OPP cruiser drove by. The way some people talk, I'm surprised they did stop to ask where I had been riding. 

:poke2:

11 hours ago, revrnd said:

Unloading the sled in front of the house after supper as an OPP cruiser drove by. The way some people talk, I'm surprised they didn't stop to ask where I had been riding. 

:poke2:

:rotflmao:

Edited by revrnd
Edited the quote to correct.