New Lockdown & OFSC trails

chez-nous cest skidoo

6 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

Great news.  Can't believe everything you read  even if comes from the ofsc.  I guess the government overuled their plan ?

Yes says no ski hills are allowed either. So see if they take away ITg or app at end of week. That’s going to be devasting for them missing xmas break. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Strong Farmer said:

Not yet. They can open one trail for a day or so before end of season and no money back then. 

When did they close the trails?

2 hours ago, Sledguy74 said:

Starts dec26

4 weeks in the south (Jan 23)

and 2 In the north (Jan 9)

it said Outdoor recreational Amenities are permitted to open ....... hope that means OFSC trails 

reduced capacity for essential businesses 

But it says motor sports are shut down ?

4 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Saturday March 21 at midnight and most haven’t re opened since :banghead:

There are trails now open in Ontario

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, soupkids said:

But it says motor sports are shut down ?

Have a look at the previos page of posts about 1/2 way down.

3 hours ago, stoney said:

The small minority that are at greatest risk of death, what the catch phrase has been for C-19.....save a life.

Vs. those that "test positive" but are able to continue with life or sick in bed for a few days or a week, similar to what we have all done for many many years come flu season.

Do we know for a fact what the long term affects are, or just speculation (has to be seeing as this a "new" strain).....will we know in 6 months 12 months, 2 years, 5 years, etc...... I guess we need to stop everyone's life until we know and as long as the government can continue to say we are in a "pandemic", they can do as they wish whenever they want based on the pressures or the loudest voices.

The deaths are not 6000, they are just over 4000 as of yesterday and the disturbing part is we have no idea if the 4000 that died, really died of C-19....the fact is if a person dies or was already on their death bed, then tests positive for C-19, it is a C-19 death. My mom that passed away late 2019 would have likely been in the C-19 death number if she has just survived a few more months, but I know for a fact that it would have been cancer that killed her.

Does it suck that some hospitals are near capacity or over, yes it does, but this time of year the hospitals are usually busier anyways. Does it suck that people who need to have non C-19 procedures done cannot, 100% it does, are some using C-19 as a political tool, of course they are, not all, but you know it is happening, just look around at the fears of the what if.

People that decide to go in the medical field, police field, fire, etc.....do so knowing that they will  be exposed to things that many rather not, but that is part of the profession that they decided to get into. I sympathize with them and what they can be exposed too, but I also know that is the field they picked that could expose them to these things.

We are a small minority for sure in the grand picture, as are many other things, but lets look at this past Summer, outdoor activities saw a huge spike, yet the numbers were at their lowest to date.

According to what you might read, it is not the stores or restaurants where the spread is happening.

But lets shut everything down......

Here are a couple charts of deaths and deaths by age group to visualize the numbers and where those at greatest risk fall, which goes back to what many had said, protect those at greatest risk:

IMG_1161.png

IMG_1159.png

I deserve a big slap up the side of the head for saying over 6000 had died. I didn't look it up before I hit the keyboard in frustration. I was picturing a number that was Quebec's total when I had last studied those numbers. As far back as I can recall, the Covid 19 restrictions and protocols were always about "flattening the curve" to protect the Intensive care units, not specifically about saving lives of those with the virus. Ontario's "grey" lockdown approach never stood a chance of success because people just drove from their lockdown area to places like here in Halton to shop, go to the hair dresser, the gym and all sorts of businesses. So while it is very true that many hospitals in the province have never been stressed by Covid admissions, and it is true that some businesses that don't significantly contribute to the spread of the virus, are now seemingly being "punished", the reality is that soft lockdowns do very little. By comparison, hard lockdowns all over the world have been successful in flattening the curve, and that is all that was expected of them. The cure is the vaccine. The virus suppression is by limiting the opportunity for it to transfer from person to person. It follows that the lockdown has to be widespread and all encompassing, or else there is just more traveling from region to region creating more, not less exposure.

This isn't an Ontario, Canada or North America problem - the whole world is dealing with this. We have done better than many countries, but much worse than others. Our culture clearly will not accept the kinds of restrictive measures that have been used successfully in other cultures. So Ontario is trying to be somewhat balanced, but all the while listening to the scientists that are advising greater restriction. These people aren't pricks that just want to limit our freedom. They are trying to keep the ship afloat until it can set shore. When I see Doug Ford, and even Trudeau, being blasted from the right for infringing on our civil rights, and from the left for not tightening the screws more and sooner, I figure they must be doing close to okay. 

For the longest time (until December), within my circle of friends and acquaintances, I had only heard of 3 Covid 19 cases, all in their fifties. One got sniffles, one had a Covid caused stroke and lost the vision in one eye, and one died(underlying issue). I had heard of no younger patients. This month Covid is steadily closing in amongst my circle, and its invected school age children, 30 somethings, 40 somethings to old farts like me. 

As far as Covid related death statistics being overly high, I can agree with that, but I believe there are others who died from Covid 19 that were never diagnosed. I can see where some damaged lungs and hearts my recover somewhat, or even entirely, but others won't. And there has been plenty of stroke damage that is permanent, as in my friend's blindness. There is Covid science that can be trusted, but a significant number of people don't buy it because it comes from 'biased media and government'.

I agree also that number of positive Covid tests is a number that is not overly significant. I don't even think number of deaths is as important as number of hospital admissions - that's the number that has to be limited to give us all a better shot at emergency health care if we need it. I realize that is only an issue in "outbreak" zones, but keeping the virus out of the green and yellow zones has to be a priority because it doesn't take many Covid admissions to mess with rural hospital function.

Unfortunately, Covid 19 became a worldwide political issue immediately instead of a medical issue. I sure hope most of us can agree on getting the vaccine when it is offered to us. In the meantime, again I am going to stay positive and think that I am going to see many of you on the trail in February and March. When we meet, at a distance, we can talk about how great our rides have been and not all this $hit.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Not yet. They can open one trail for a day or so before end of season and no money back then. 

No offense but do you even think when you type responses? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

There is no "new" strain, let's face it, what's new is it's identification - by the time that has happened, it's been around for quite some time and I guarantee you this "new" strain is all over the world already. 

Really tired of all this non-sense and i hope business owners stand up and just open up, people stop listening and decide to start living their lives again. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Have a look at the previos page of posts about 1/2 way down.

I looked again and snowmobile trails are open under lockdown.

so, if lock downs work, why dont they start immediately, v.s giving everyone another 5 days to spread it, or contract it, to spread it at home later? this is what drives me nuts... the rules/changes, that makes sense, and then the just plain senseless rules. 

just kicking that can down the road... Ski 

3 minutes ago, skidooboy said:

so, if lock downs work, why dont they start immediately, v.s giving everyone another 5 days to spread it, or contract it, to spread it at home later? this is what drives me nuts... the rules/changes, that makes sense, and then the just plain senseless rules. 

Ford is a business man.  Its all about letting the public spend as much money as possible before Christmas. If he really cared we would be locked down now.  

7 minutes ago, skidooboy said:

$$$$$ they want people to finish their shopping and have one last hurrah first:blink:

4 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Lets wait and see what the official OFSC response is. :icon_munching:. It will be a :soapbox:miracle if we ride in the NCDN this season.  Wonder how many guys heading to Cochrane for new years, are still gonna try and go?. :icon_munching:

Would it not be very bad for customer relations if the OFSC decided to go against what the gov't has said is OK?

Hopefully they get the anticipated 25 cm. of snow so there is more than 72 km. of open trail in Cochrane  before those people make the long drive.

12 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Lets wait and see what the official OFSC response is. :icon_munching:. It will be a :soapbox:miracle if we ride in the NCDN this season.  Wonder how many guys heading to Cochrane for new years, are still gonna try and go?. :icon_munching:

I spoke with Kathy at the Westway this afternoon and it looks like we will be cancelling our New Years Trip in all likelihood and trying to reschedule it for later in the winter if that is even possible this season. 

9 minutes ago, Poo Man said:

$$$$$ they want people to finish their shopping and have one last hurrah first:blink:

A couple other things are that under a grey lockdown essential visitors can't go into nursing homes    so now you can see your loved ones until after Christmas then i believe you wont be able to      also we can have Christmas Mass    all but the ones in grey at this point 

9 hours ago, Yamforlife said:

I couldn't find a legend for the map.

Am eye blind?