New Lockdown & OFSC trails

chez-nous cest skidoo

Just now, Poo Man said:

I'm thinking they'll still do curbside pickup or just cut down on customers allowed in the stores. Wife us bitching at me about getting our back splash done:rolleyes:

Lol 

16 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

For most of us our parents and grandparents actually know what hardship is.

I still remember my grandmother telling me why she would reuse milk bags instead of just throwing them away when I was young. Shame my kids can't hear these stories first hand but we do our best to let them know how good they have it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Poo Man said:

I'm thinking they'll still do curbside pickup or just cut down on customers allowed in the stores. Wife us bitching at me about getting our back splash done:rolleyes:

Ha ha. I am in the middle of a bathroom reno. I feel your pain buddy.  Gonna watch the premier now.  Then head to the city. Need plumbing parts and beer 

• Haha 1

Starts dec26

4 weeks in the south (Jan 23)

and 2 In the north (Jan 9)

it said Outdoor recreational Amenities are permitted to open ....... hope that means OFSC trails 

reduced capacity for essential businesses 

Edited by Sledguy74

Just announced province wide shut down Dec 26 to Jan 23.

23 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Just announced province wide shut down Dec 26 to Jan 23.

North is not until the 23rd, they are 14 days.

I went by an awful lot of sled trails today in Southern Ontario - the lockdown will have NO effect on those - they're a frickin complete mud pile and nowhere near ready to ride on a snowmachine.

My bet is it will be extended. Spring lockdown didn't get rid of it, this one will be no different, as it sounds like the plan is the same. On top of that, the new strain is apparently more easily spread.

As long as  LCBO and the beer store are essential, I guess I will be fine, or broke.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Just skiing...:icon_munching:

Specifically says ski hills are closed and snowmobiling is permitted to open. Sucks for people who have to travel to get to snow. 

58 minutes ago, Poo Man said:

I still remember my grandmother telling me why she would reuse milk bags instead of just throwing them away when I was young. Shame my kids can't hear these stories first hand but we do our best to let them know how good they have it. 

My mother grew up on a small farm. They may not have had much but there was always food on the table. Even the last summer my grandmother had the farm (my grandfather had died the year before) she had a huge veggie garden in 1969. 

The current azzhat that lives there works for the township & uses the food bank. I've been tempted to tell 'it' that rather than cut grass in that big spot, put in a frigging garden! It it's infinite wisdom it (according to our neighbor @ the woodlot) fell for 1 of those 'Here's 7000 bucks for you if you let us install solar panels on your roof' scams. No annual royalty

:icon_doh:

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Turbo Doo said:

Where does it say anything about sledding? 

Screenshot_20201221-141619_Briefing.jpg

I got a screen shot but its hard to read. Its in a document directly from the province. Just says stick to your region unless its for essential purposes. 

Horvath now saying on TV if Ford had listened to the NDP back in Nov this wouldnt have been necessary...

• Haha 1

LOOKS LIKE SNOWMOBILE TRAILS WILL BE OK!!! (YELLING)

THIS IS FROM: 

See for yourself what's changed and what's the same from the current lockdown rules

CBC News · Posted: Dec 21, 2020 12:51 PM ET | Last Updated: 2 hours ago

LOCKDOWN.gif

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Horvath now saying on TV if Ford had listened to the NDP back in Nov this wouldnt have been necessary...

FRIGGEN COW!!!!!

Edited by Yamforlife
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stoney said:

very productive, she is....:headbang:

I wonder what her son is doing these days? He looked like he was waiting to be accepted into McMaster a few years ago. LOL

aren't they banning or discouraging non essential travel, and traveling out of  "infected areas" to less, or not infected areas? i also thought they banned meetings from different households?

it boils down to, lock downs do not stop the virus, they just slow the inevitable. we just all need to be safe, and use precautions. Ski

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Try getting an appointment for a g2

or G drivers license. That is one frustrating process now. Back up by over a year now. Managed to grab a cancelation for Jan 11 a few weeks ago, but that is going to get cancelled again. Booked one in London but she got an email within 4 hours that going to a different city isn’t permitted, so that got cancelled too. 
She failed appointment three weeks ago and took 6 months to get that one. She deserved to pass, they are just being pricks down there now, with these rushed 12 mins road test. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

1 hour ago, Crow said:

My bet is it will be extended. Spring lockdown didn't get rid of it, this one will be no different, as it sounds like the plan is the same. On top of that, the new strain is apparently more easily spread.

As long as  LCBO and the beer store are essential, I guess I will be fine, or broke.

Yup, they have the 28 days to say "gotcha" - then keep you there for an eternity - the spring was never ending - this will be too, the vaccine falacy is just that, we have 14+ million identified people in this province - this is never going away - ever, "new strain" - new fear mongering. Every virus has new strains, this is nothing new in the world.

• Confused 1