Northern Ontario Travel info

Turbo Doo

Thanks for posting this, gives hope to a good season in Northern Ontario 

10 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Only if we are allowed to go. 

That is the fly in the ointment. In certain zones in Quebec everyone in a hotel room or cabin must live at the same residential address. Good possibility Ontario would follow. Good article (except for the dreadful choice of asparagus pictured next to ribs :barf:) but assumes that group riding from place to place will be as it has been in the past. This season is going to take a whole lot of new thinking.

I think most overlooked by folks planning to ride together as a group is to how to determine if one of the group is not a carrier of the virus. Despite the use of masks, it wouldn't take much to have someone help change a belt or give a vehicle a pull or push, and have a nice gush of virus filled breath headed your way. 

Ontario zones:

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/zones-and-restrictions#covid-19-zones

Quebec zones and regulations:

https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/health-issues/a-z/2019-coronavirus/progressive-regional-alert-and-intervention-system/map-of-covid-19-alert-levels-by-region/

Edited by slomo

8 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Temiscaming Quebec goes to Orange..

This is just the gov't arbitrarily deciding to push everyone into a worse restriction for x-mas.  The case counts didn't actually make any kind of major jump.  They have 9 active cases total in Abitibi.  Much safer than the vast majority of Southern Ontario.

Edited by signfan
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, slomo said:

That is the fly in the ointment. In certain zones in Quebec everyone in a hotel room or cabin must live at the same residential address. Good possibility Ontario would follow. Good article (except for the dreadful choice of asparagus pictured next to ribs :barf:) but assumes that group riding from place to place will be as it has been in the past. This season is going to take a whole lot of new thinking.

I think most overlooked by folks planning to ride together as a group is to how to determine if one of the group is not a carrier of the virus. Despite the use of masks, it wouldn't take much to have someone help change a belt or give a vehicle a pull or push, and have a nice gush of virus filled breath headed your way. 

I think we're kidding ourselves to think we could maintain a safe distance and/or wear masks & not contaminate one another when spending a number of days on a sled trip with a group of friends/relatives. I don't think the masks would cut it for even the ride north in the confined space of a pickup truck with someone outside your home bubble. 

Grilled asparagus is awesome!! :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, XTC500 said:

Grilled asparagus is awesome!! :)

X2

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, slomo said:

Ontario zones:

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/zones-and-restrictions#covid-19-zones

Quebec zones and regulations:

https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/health-issues/a-z/2019-coronavirus/progressive-regional-alert-and-intervention-system/map-of-covid-19-alert-levels-by-region/

Thanks for the links.  I am not worried about riding with Mrs. Turbo Doo.  Heck, i sleep beside her. And grilled asparagus is just awesome. 

Edited by Turbo Doo

3 hours ago, slomo said:

the dreadful choice of asparagus pictured next to ribs :barf:

X99

disgusting unless your a rabbit

• Haha 1

I opened an email today and inside I found the following as part of the body of the information in the body of the email. I don't think whoever produced this statement knows anything about what clubs go through dealing with the results of riders who venture off the staked trails.

Explore diverse terrain, including hills and national forests, more than 11,000 frozen lakes and plenty of open fields. With a blanket of snow on the ground, visitors can ride to points of interest that are hidden in warmer months and find themselves on a winter adventure.
www.ofsc.on.ca

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I opened an email today and inside I found the following as part of the body of the information in the body of the email. I don't think whoever produced this statement knows anything about what clubs go through dealing with the results of riders who venture off the staked trails.

Explore diverse terrain, including hills and national forests, more than 11,000 frozen lakes and plenty of open fields. With a blanket of snow on the ground, visitors can ride to points of interest that are hidden in warmer months and find themselves on a winter adventure.
www.ofsc.on.ca

Written by some pencil pusher with one eye open @ Queen's Park!

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

www.ofsc.on.ca

Perhaps the word count for the article exceeded a limit and they had to cut "dashing through the snow"...

59 minutes ago, Muskoka1 said:

Written by some pencil pusher with one eye open @ Queen's Park!

Possibly but at the bottom it had the OFSC web address so I thought it likely came from them.

I get what you're asking saying PLC.

I wonder if the author wasn't trying to promote snowmobiling by referencing the feeling you get when you exit a forest of trees into a large open field.  Like when you hit the blue skies and snow covered fields around Earlton.  Or the Elmvale area ( examples, my favourites). There's also a stretch west of gravenhurst, Brackenridge,  Huntsville,  Port Sydney.  You leave the trees and " wow". Farming. Who knew that pocket exists near the Canadian shield. 

• Like 1