Hotel Forestel -Val-D'or Quebec

chez-nous cest skidoo

I'm thinking of heading to Val-d'Or Que on the FCMQ free weekend in January.... Has any body stayed Hotel Forestel ?

or where is the best place to stay in Val-d'Or ?

cheers

5 minutes ago, chez-nous cest skidoo said:

I'm thinking of heading to Val-d'Or Que on the FCMQ free weekend in January.... Has any body stayed Hotel Forestel ?

cheers

Stayed there many times. It's a popular spot for sledders with really nice rooms. Restaurant is really good also but slow.

We always stayed at the Forestel, nice big rooms ,bar,restaurant  the only place we stay. You will not be dissapointed

20180220_073822.jpg

• Like 3

Really nice hotel.   Not inexpensive.    I have said it before but it borderlines on being "too nice" for a sled trip.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It is right on the trail and I believe is the easiest Hotel/Motel to access in Val D Or.

10 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

We have stayed there as well also more then a few times..Great place.. We have also stayed at L'Escale Hotel Suites a little further in town. Both great spots.....IIRC, I met ZRTKAT in the hallway there. :right_on:

I remember that Jeff :) I think White Dragon was there also if I am correct :right_on:

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

It is right on the trail and I believe is the easiest Hotel/Motel to access in Val D Or.

2 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Depends who's leading and what time you are arriving..:rotflmao::headbang:

Another vote for being a very nice place to stay.......and it is right on the trail, but you need to make the correct turn when you arrive into town, otherwise, it could be an adventure....maybe we missed the sign as it was dark out...lol

2 hours ago, zrtkat said:

I remember that Jeff :) I think White Dragon was there also if I am correct :right_on:

That was our very late night trip. I remember White Dragon and crew  arriving late, and then meeting you guys, then all of a sudden hitting the sack at 4am, after a outing with White Dragon and crew, and on the sleds at 8am, ride back to Temiscaming, and drive home. Home around midnight,  and work the next morning.  Yikes. What a great time though..

• Like 1

14 hours ago, scottyr said:

Really nice hotel.   Not inexpensive.    I have said it before but it borderlines on being "too nice" for a sled trip.   

Ha ha ha ... I hear ya,... however I’ll have my bride with me, so guaranteed it won’t be too nice.. lol

cheers 

18 hours ago, chez-nous cest skidoo said:

cheers

Have stayed there every year [a few times] for over 25 yrs,-great spot/food/service-wife will love it!

5 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Thanks for introducing us to the spot there Muskoka1. :right_on:...

All good Jeff-dying to go back [just don't want to die from covid]!

I have stayed there as well very nice spot too nice for sledder accommodations will definitely go back won't be disappointed 

Looking at it right now.  Looks pretty decent. Any thoughts on when the trails in that area typically turn green?

2 minutes ago, Puggz said:

Looking at it right now.  Looks pretty decent. Any thoughts on when the trails in that area typically turn green?

Last season I rode from New Liskeard to Robyn Noranda Que. on the same free weekend, conditions were good & lakes were staked ... hoping for same conditions this year.

cheers 

QC is planning a shut down for non essential until Jan 11, there construction shut down is still only listed until Jan 4 - the normal 2 week Christmas shut down. 

I know parts of QC that normally have snow now, still do not.....

5 hours ago, Puggz said:

Normally Xmas/New Years-check FCMQ website!