Cochrane hotel recommendations

ecarnell

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

I know what you guys mean 100%. The 1 way I knew about the Bon Air (when my REV died) was when a friend nursed a sick Apex into Timmins in 2010. The Yammi dealer was across the road back then. He rode the sled to the dealer and then spent the night at the motel. He caught up to us in Hearst.

An earlier trip the same guy's SRX burned up a drive axle bearing before we got to Earlton (staged in New Liskeard). That threw our plans/reservations out the window. Nothing available at the Queens or Companion upon our arrival in Hearst. Ended up staying at the Villa beside the Husky truck stop. Nothing fancy but clean & warm.

You are right revrnd. Its nice having choices, for those certain times when you need it. 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2020 at 10:31 PM, Big Pussy said:

As long as you don't count the 2-stroke sled riders with excessive "Flick Finger" continually coming and going until midnight.  I do not understand why these guys just can't use a little throttle and go.  Must have something to do with their boner from being there.

Especially when then have these modified mufflers !! 

Article in the North bay on-line news today

https://www.baytoday.ca/local-news/snowmobilers-warned-about-excessive-exhaust-noice-3185479

I like the part

"There are applicable charges under the Motorized Snow Vehicle Act for modifying, altering, or changing the exhaust or muffler on your snowmobile," says Young. "OPP will continue their snow vehicle patrols throughout the season to ensure the safety of all snowmobile operators, passengers, and community members alike."      

6 hours ago, Muskoka Bill said:

Especially when then have these modified mufflers !! 

Article in the North bay on-line news today

https://www.baytoday.ca/local-news/snowmobilers-warned-about-excessive-exhaust-noice-3185479

I like the part

"There are applicable charges under the Motorized Snow Vehicle Act for modifying, altering, or changing the exhaust or muffler on your snowmobile," says Young. "OPP will continue their snow vehicle patrols throughout the season to ensure the safety of all snowmobile operators, passengers, and community members alike."      

I ran into this kid at pinestone once. Really nice kid on a formula 500, no insurance, no permit riding around pine stone grounds in evening, since he and his mom where staying there. He had a loud can on his snowmobile too. I had a good chat with him and he normally told me he only rides lake out front of his cottage in Peterboroug, but ice was un safe now. Bottom line he was out having fun, not realizing it is going to upset people. Some of trouble makers are next generation that don’t have much money.  

Edited by Strong Farmer

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

I ran into this kid at pinestone once. Really nice kid on a formula 500, no insurance, no permit riding around pine stone grounds in evening, since he and his mom where staying there. He had a loud can on his snowmobile too. I had a good chat with him and he normally told me he only rides lake out front of his cottage in Peterboroug, but ice was un safe now. Bottom line he was out having fun, not realizing it is going to upset people. Some of trouble makers are next generation that don’t have much money.  

I see a number of these cans on Kiijji , so people are hopefully starting to realize they are not desirable, 

On 12/16/2020 at 10:38 AM, ecarnell said:

Unfortunately westway couldn’t accommodate the three nights we needed - so we are at Chimo in a two bedroom with kitchenette for three nights - looking forward to it !!!!!!

thanks for feedback guys 

Enjoy your stay Eric. There are quite a few of us very curious to hear how the Chimo works out, since we used to stay there 15 to over 20 years ago. Recent years the Westway has become almost unanimously option one, with maybe Thriftlodge in second place. Hope you find great conditions and it doesn't get 'Cochrane cold' on you and your son. I'm envious. I have grown kids and teenaged grandkids, but it seems sledding isn't for everyone. Report please.