Timmins

Ox

It’s official!
Tonight at Timmins City Council the bylaw amendment to allow snowmobile access to the proposed designated streets was passed unanimously.
The Timmins Snowmobile Club would like to thank everyone involved in making this proposal a success.
We would also like to remind all snowmobilers to ensure that this bylaw is reviewed and that guidelines/rules are followed. We will provide more information and post the official bylaw as soon as we can.
We are looking forward to a great season! ❄️❄️❄️

Edited by Ox

Just think if one day _ Thunder Bay might get on board, and folks in town might be tempted to buy snowmachines, and be able to ride from home, and then it would be feasible for D/A to connect all the way to Minnesnowta by an actual maintained trail.

And just think if that actually happened by the time I'm too old to be bouncing around off trail!

(should that day come)

And then maybe trails could be maintained up and through the Kenora area....

Oh my ...

Just pondering possibilities...

Edited by Ox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ox said:

Just think if one day _ Thunder Bay might get on board, and folks in town might be tempted to buy snowmachines, and be able to ride from home, and then it would be feasible for D/A to connect all the way to Minnesnowta by an actual maintained trail.

And just think if that actually happened by the time I'm too old to be bouncing around off trail!

(should that day come)

And then maybe trails could be maintained up and through the Kenora area....

Oh my ...

Just pondering possibilities...

One can only dream..

Great news. It's gonna happen.

Four months of snowmobiling! 

( the Thunder Bay, bah humbug, has to end ).

this is great news. Hopefully those with loud cans, and terrible judgement, dont ruin it for the rest of the sledding population. Ski

• 2 months later...

The following was posted on Timmins SC Facebook site one hour ago:

*TRAIL CLOSURE NOTICE*
A111C from Timmins to Iroquois Falls is closed. (February 24, 2021 @ 7am). HydroOne has given us notice that they are removing unsafe structures from the trail and could last up to 3 weeks.
We are trying to find a possible re-route.
Refer to ITG for updates.

That will affect anyone riding north to Cochrane on the A trail from Timmins and anyone looping to Timmins from Cochrane.

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER

UPDATE  FROM TIMMINS S C   FACEBOOK PAGE ON A111C RE-ROUTE:

Good News, we have successfully re-routed the closed section of the A111C and have been able to get land use permissions. Please use caution on this new section of trail and follow all posted signage.
Big thank you to all the landowners who were able to quickly grant us permission for this re-route.
The ITG is getting updated to reflect this change in the trail. Refer to the ITG for trail updates.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

This just off Facebook:

MEDIA RELEASE DATE: March 17, 2021
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
OFSC Trail Riding Finished for this Season
OFSC Thanks Landowners and Permit buyers
Timmins Snowmobile Club Inc.
Effective Date: March 17, 2021
Snowmobilers are being warned to stay off of area OFSC Prescribed snowmobile trails effective immediately as the snowmobile season has come to an end. These trails are now reported as "Unavailable" (Red) on the OFSC Interactive Trail Guide at www.ofsc.on.ca<http://www.ofsc.on.ca>, because area clubs have stopped regular grooming operations and signs and stakes are being removed and gates and fences closed. Snowmobilers are also advised that rapidly deteriorating snow and ice conditions due to spring thaw make snowmobiling extremely hazardous anywhere. Roads and road crossings are now generally bare and the ice on all waterways is melted, melting or unstable.
"The only safe and sensible course of action for snowmobilers is to put away their sleds until next winter," stated Gilbert Fortin. "The risks of trying that 'one last ride' are simply too high now that spring thaw has commenced."
The public is also reminded that an OFSC snowmobile trail on private land reported as "Unavailable" means that access to that trail is also prohibited for any other users or persons for all other seasons, without the specific prior permission of the landowner. "On behalf of our clubs and volunteers, I want to thank all of the landowners who have generously allowed the use of their property for an OFSC snowmobile trail this winter," concluded Gilbert Fortin. "We also appreciate the support of the many snowmobilers who bought trail permits to help pay their share of the cost of trail operations for the 2020/2021 past season for which lasted 9 wonderful weeks.
A very special thanks is also extended to all of the club volunteers who donated their services to assist local clubs in providing a successful season of snowmobiling. Although the winter is over, snowmobiling has become a year round business, so many volunteers will start immediately to plan and prepare for next winter. If you are interested in helping out, please call club communications director Gilbert Fortin at 705-288-4499 or club president Patrick Dzijacky at 705-262-7037.
For further info, please call Gilbert or Patrick.

dubreuilville is in Algoma Health region, Chapleau is in Sudbury region. the two could not be linked, per health regulations. dub no longer connects directly to chapleau and hasnt for many years. now you must link from searchmont, wawa, aubrey falls, to chapleau. 

Dub could not link to Hornepayne for the same reason. marathon, to white river/dub, same issue. different districts. Ski

On 3/18/2021 at 11:43 AM, skidooboy said:

dubreuilville is in Algoma Health region, Chapleau is in Sudbury region. the two could not be linked, per health regulations. dub no longer connects directly to chapleau and hasnt for many years. now you must link from searchmont, wawa, aubrey falls, to chapleau. 

Dub could not link to Hornepayne for the same reason. marathon, to white river/dub, same issue. different districts. Ski

I never got to ride that F trail before it closed. Heard it was a thrilling ride with all hills. I feel sorry for Ernie I wonder how he is doing over theee now? Only been thru your area a few times once in 2015 and another in 2017, did big loop with my dad in third week of March that year. 2015 we just rode top half from Cochrane to dub. Love ride from hornepayne south to wawa. I don’t care for open power lines south of wawa from half way haven. From half way over to Elliot lake is a nice scenic ride, love that F trail from abbey falls over to Elliot lake. 
Hopefully with vaccines you can return to your second home soon. 
cheers 

I bought ferries zero turn isx 800 with 27 horse power brigs engine. They still have to make it.  Plants two months behind dealer told me and it is only 800 he is getting too. Sounds like covid is playing havoc with production and heard there lines take major man power to change from one model to other according to dealer.