Winter 2021

revrnd

35 minutes ago, stoney said:

It’s crazy what some enjoy or will ride. 
To each their own I suppose. 

Yep, looking for one last ride from home I guess. The trails have been open at my place for 7 weeks today. That is the longest season we have had for many years. It will certainly help to rejuvenate the volunteers that put the trails in. thanks to all of them!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

A business owner in Dorset was complaining that people were going in to the Shell gas station to pay with out wearing a mask. She wanted sledders to remove their helmets or balaclava and put on a "proper" mask. There was a gentle man in his 70's working there and she felt it was disrespectful to him not to do this. Of course, the Facebook trolls pounced.

He wouldn't turn the pump on for prepay without wearing a mask. Which is beyond ridiculous 

26 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Yep, looking for one last ride from home I guess. The trails have been open at my place for 7 weeks today. That is the longest season we have had for many years. It will certainly help to rejuvenate the volunteers that put the trails in. thanks to all of them!

Been good for the sport no doubt. 
Trails protected by the bush or with a packed base should be okay, but won’t last, no doubt. 

48 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

He wouldn't turn the pump on for prepay without wearing a mask. Which is beyond ridiculous 

I didn’t see that part. I only read so much and skipped on.

2 hours ago, stoney said:

Might be a pair of Doo’s in the next while than.....:icon_munching:

It’s a thought but I would hook someone with a problem sled.

The plan is to ride it 2 more years.

1 hour ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Not really... you handle the pump nozzle without a mask and leave the virus behind on the pump nozzle. The next person uses it and picks up the bacteria from the nozzle and unwittingly leaves with the virus on his hands. Another person comes along and picks up the nozzle and comes in contact with the virus as well. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, zoso said:

What did the temp guage read?

I could remember how to bring it up on the gauge until I googled it when I got home.

might try it tomorrow morning after things freeze up again.

22 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I could remember how to bring it up on the gauge until I googled it when I got home.

Might be an airlock in the cooling system. it does go into limp mode when hot.

42 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Not really... you handle the pump nozzle without a mask and leave the virus behind on the pump nozzle. The next person uses it and picks up the bacteria from the nozzle and unwittingly leaves with the virus on his hands. Another person comes along and picks up the nozzle and comes in contact with the virus as well. 

that is why you hand sanitize before pumping, and again after. or, protective glove up prior, and dispose of the gloves (properly) after (then sanitize). limits your exposure, and limits your possibility of exposing others.

I have been doing this for years! Ski

Edited by skidooboy

58 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I didn’t see that part. I only read so much and skipped on.

Ya was stupid. 

42 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

So we wear masks on our hands now? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Ya was stupid. 

People should just stick to full service.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

It’s a thought but I would hook someone with a problem sled.

The plan is to ride it 2 more years.

Fix first of course or sell as is with known issue. 
I’m sure you’ll see how you feel in the fall and possibly deals available. 

34 minutes ago, skidooboy said:

that is why you hand sanitize before pumping, and again after. or, protective glove up prior, and dispose of the gloves (properly) after (then sanitize). limits your exposure, and limits your possibility of exposing others.

I have been doing this for years! Ski

This is an outdoor pump at a marina where the only ones using it are snowmobilers I believe. I don't think I've seen any out riding with rubber gloves and sanitizer so far. I use a latex glove when filling my truck

35 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Ya was stupid. 

No you cough and then touch what you coughed all over or sneeze or even the moisture from breathing gets on the nozzle. The new strains are much more infectious with minimal exposure necessary. 

3 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Believe it or not their are a i/2 dozen vehicles parked at the club an hour ago and 3 sleds that I've seen going past the house. Was out for a look at the trail and the carbides are cutting through to my grass. crows were pecking away at the corn stubble up the trail so not much snow left there. I think our trails willl close later today as Sunday weather doesn't look good.

I believe it. Not for us. Patiently waiting to head back to the NCDN.

16 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

This is an outdoor pump at a marina where the only ones using it are snowmobilers I believe. I don't think I've seen any out riding with rubber gloves and sanitizer so far. I use a latex glove when filling my truck

No you cough and then touch what you coughed all over or sneeze or even the moisture from breathing gets on the nozzle. The new strains are much more infectious with minimal exposure necessary. 

What do they really know about the new strains?  They aren't doing diddly squat in the ares they originated in now we must be concerned for them.  Good grief.

Why not start testing people who've already had this nonsense to see what type of herd we've already reached and make a real informed plan.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What do they really know about the new strains?  They aren't doing diddly squat in the ares they originated in now we must be concerned for them.  Good grief.

Why not start testing people who've already had this nonsense to see what type of herd we've already reached and make a real informed plan.

Still letting people walk right out of the airport.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

Incorrect..... gas pump right in Dorset. 
Used by all. 

Actually the one at the nearby marina, you ring bell at pump, pump turned on, you pump and then pay at an outside debit machine..... pretty simple really. 

If you’re concerned, wear a glove when touching...... personally not for me, but I’ll wash my hands once I can.... same as always before this nonsense.  
I’ll do some level of precautionary measure but I ain’t no Covid Karen ( no offence to the Karen’s of the world :) ) 
As a business, I’d either do pay at pump or an outdoor payment system. 

To each their own though. 

Edited by stoney
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zoso said:

Might be an airlock in the cooling system. it does go into limp mode when hot.

But I haven't opened the cooling system at any point. And the sled ran for hours before hand. We left around 10am and this happened at 345pm.

Thermostat problem maybe?

59 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I carry sanitizer in all my vehicles, when sledding it is in the backpack, or dash bag. same on the dirt bike, and street bike. again, I have been doing this for years. winter is cold and flu season, I assume everyone is sick until I prove it otherwise. you have to decide how much risk and precautions you want to take/provide. before all this started I was a germofobe, I really havent changed what I do, except avoid people more. Ski

38 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Still letting people walk right out of the airport.  

Less than 2% of the spread so whats the point.

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

But I haven't opened the cooling system at any point. And the sled ran for hours before hand. We left around 10am and this happened at 345pm.

Thermostat problem maybe?

Could be. is it the 1056 or the 999

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Rode today made it to homestead for a late lunch. From truck stop north trails are good still. Nothing bad today and 3” of fresh snow with some ice. B111 was groomed last night. No tracks on my side of trail heading north today. We left at 11:30 am after rain stopped in kitchener. Go for it tomorrow morning. 

• Like 1