Winter 2021

revrnd

32 minutes ago, snapper said:

Just did some math. 0 klicks or 0 miles so far, one of the benefits of riding an area controlled by an idiot.

I imagine there are a lot of sledders in the same boat.

I can hear the idiot's comment, 'But think of the children!'

There had better be something in the permit pricing for you riders come next season. I'll end that or I'll just get madder.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, revrnd said:

There had better be something in the permit pricing for you riders come next season. I'll end that or I'll just get madder.

I will assume you mean some type of credit for purchased permit cost from the provincial government for people of the area since it was their man that caused the issue.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I will assume you mean some type of credit for purchased permit cost from the provincial government for people of the area since it was their man that caused the issue.

Yes and by their directive you're not supposed to travel to ride.

If I had any advise for Dr Cherrios, I'd say retire & crawl back under the rock where you came from. You have pissed off a very large segment of your region with your decisions.

• Like 2

On 2/18/2021 at 10:04 AM, revrnd said:

That would open a real can of worms. Permit credits for all those in southern Ontario who live in a PHU where there are no OFSC trails, and you are being told to stay in your own health unit. Some believe that is the law and haven't ventured out yet. I have 1900 km on so far, so I will forego my credit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tricky said:

That would open a real can of worms. Permit credits for all those in southern Ontario who live in a PHU where there are no OFSC trails, and you are being told to stay in your own health unit. Some believe that is the law and haven't ventured out yet. I have 1900 km on so far, so I will forego my credit.

I know. It's just frustrating the way this whole thing played out. 

Hopefully the biggest decision Dr Cheerios is allowed to make in the future is which ornge juice the hospitals serve, pulp or no pulp.

Today's 65 klick loop...

May be an image of nature, snow, road and tree

May be an image of snow, nature and road

May be an image of nature

May be an image of nature

May be an image of nature and snow

May be an image of road and snow

May be an image of snowmobile and snow

May be an image of snow and nature

May be a closeup of snow

May be an image of nature and snow

• Like 7

160 klicks down to Havelock for a cheeseburger, Yum!

image.png.bec3c81062347bffd3594b07e775e7dd.png

• Like 2

New & old camps. The new 1 has a walk out basement. As 1 of the guys said from a neighbouring camp said "They've been watching too much Buckmasters".

May be an image of snow and tree

Nepheline syenite mine near 'Blue Mountain'. There is another operation near Nephton. That operation is being combined w/ this upgraded facility. If you see trains of covered hoppers on the CPR passing thru Pontypool or Burketon, they came from here.

May be an image of nature, snow and ski slope

May be an image of nature, snow, ski slope and sky

The infamous Twin Lakes Hotel (it's for sale). I was only there once, but it was quite the destination back in the day...

May be an image of outdoors

May be an image of outdoors, tree and text that says 'TWIN LAKES RESORT BAR INN RESTAURANT FULLY LICENSED DAILY SUNDAY SPECIALS LLBO TRUCKERS BANQUET FACILITIES WELCOME GENERAL STORE ACCOMMODATIONS OPEN 705-877-1293 ALL YEAR'

Our destination for lunch in Havelock. E107 passes right beside it.

Beside CR 46 looking NW towards the mines

May be an image of road, nature, sky and tree

Limestone rock cut @ the same location. Same geological structure that you see near Lakefield & Coboconk

May be an image of tree, sky and nature

My buddy & his '21 900NA Renegade

May be an image of snowmobile, snow and nature

'Witch's hat' near Twin Lakes. It's a navigational beacon for planes. Been there as long as I can remember.

May be an image of nature, bridge and road

• Like 4

On 2/18/2021 at 9:08 AM, Crow said:

This happened on family day. It's a big year for me. ( Only taken 7 seasons to get there, d'oh) These 900s are amazing on fuel. LoL

IMG_20210215_130742289.jpg

Sweet. I had 10750 on in 5 years   couple winters machine hardly got used. No snow locally and just had no interest. Just a bad decision lol. 900 is just awesome. 4500 k on the new one this year

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

Sweet. I had 10750 on in 5 years   couple winters machine hardly got used. No snow locally and just had no interest. Just a bad decision lol. 900 is just awesome. 4500 k on the new one this year

4500 km this year? Wow, that's great.

We're having a bit of a drought here, picked up new snow this past week but until then I have had almost no interest in riding.

Put on 500k this weekend alone, season total just doubled. Hopefully this warm up doesn't screw it up too much.

• Like 2

On 2/18/2021 at 7:15 AM, Yamatario said:

Yes, I am at 2800km local riding and going back out today. Had our first lunch of the season at Harleys in Mildmay yesterday. Nice change from hot dogs on the trail.

PXL_20210217_194203193.jpg

Oh Harleys.    Chicken wings    awesome place.   Didn't finish sentence so had to edit lol.  Now need to make it back there

On 2/18/2021 at 9:19 AM, Crow said:

Was never one to take many pictures, but feeling this year will be my last in the groomer, so stopping to get a few. Too many hours on the trails, too few of those with the sled.

IMG_20210217_092733801.jpg

Yup. Was there too. In the machine more than on the machine  BUT always loved it. Building trail and all the thumbs up made it alot of fun. Thanks for the dedication 

Edited by volunteer2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Crow said:

4500 km this year? Wow, that's great.

We're having a bit of a drought here, picked up new snow this past week but until then I have had almost no interest in riding.

Put on 500k this weekend alone, season total just doubled. Hopefully this warm up doesn't screw it up too much.

I had a couple of seasons like that before I hooked up w/ SJ & company around '17 or '17. This year has been the opposite. I've been out pretty much every other day, either personal riding or some 'work' riding putting up signs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

New & old camps. The new 1 has a walk out basement. As 1 of the guys said from a neighbouring camp said "They've been watching too much Buckmasters".

Nepheline syenite mine near 'Blue Mountain'. There is another operation near Nephton. That operation is being combined w/ this upgraded facility. If you see trains of covered hoppers on the CPR passing thru Pontypool or Burketon, they came from here.

The infamous Twin Lakes Hotel (it's for sale). I was only there once, but it was quite the destination back in the day...

May be an image of outdoors, tree and text that says 'TWIN LAKES RESORT BAR INN RESTAURANT FULLY LICENSED DAILY SUNDAY SPECIALS LLBO TRUCKERS BANQUET FACILITIES WELCOME GENERAL STORE ACCOMMODATIONS OPEN 705-877-1293 ALL YEAR'

Limestone rock cut @ the same location. Same geological structure that you see near Lakefield & Coboconk

'Witch's hat' near Twin Lakes. It's a navigational beacon for planes. Been there as long as I can remember.

McVety and I stopped at Woody Burger a couple of weeks ago. Good burgers.

• Like 1

Out today, our club groomed overnight, next one did not....ggrrrr.

But Snow Road club did......and was it f'n awesome! Was the best, grins from ear to ear.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

Yup. Was there too. In the machine more than on the machine  BUT always loved it. Building trail and all the thumbs up made it alot of fun. Thanks for the dedication 

Thanks to you as well. :right_on:

8 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I had a couple of seasons like that before I hooked up w/ SJ & company around '17 or '17. This year has been the opposite. I've been out pretty much every other day, either personal riding or some 'work' riding putting up signs.

Pretty much only ride with my son, or extended family, same ones that do trail work together. Don't ride alone often, but I really enjoy it when I do, no one else to worry about I guess, or me trying to keep up with.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, revrnd said:

I hope your lunch was satisfactory, sorry i missed ya, I was out riding.

• Thanks 1

Just now, pt3189 said:

I hope your lunch was satisfactory, sorry i missed ya, I was out riding.

Yes it was. As others have posted great burger!

Which way did you head. Had conditions (on plowed roads) been better , doing the loop to Gilchrist Bay might've been considered. Today would be perfect. 

6 minutes ago, stoney said:

Anyone out this past weekend able to stop in any restaurants for a bite to eat now that I think some were able to open, if so, how was it?

nope. couldnt eat anything after the teeth rattled out of my head taking trail 3 and B from gravnehurst to Baysville.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, stoney said:

Anyone out this past weekend able to stop in any restaurants for a bite to eat now that I think some were able to open, if so, how was it?

Yup, Maples restaurant in Sharbot Lake. Just off the Top E.

First time to a restaurant since last March, and it was one of the last ones I went to before this virus thing, even though it's almost 3 hours away.

It was good, everyone spaced out, nobody wandering around aimlessly, and following the protocols. No worries here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

nope. couldnt eat anything after the teeth rattled out of my head taking trail 3 and B from gravnehurst to Baysville.

Could have gotten the soup, no?

Saw an awful lot of sleds out and about in Langton area yesterday - looked like a lot of fun and trails looked great, was jealous.

4 hours ago, revrnd said:

Yes it was. As others have posted great burger!

Which way did you head. Had conditions (on plowed roads) been better , doing the loop to Gilchrist Bay might've been considered. Today would be perfect. 

Friday was a Chandos-Coe Hill (hide away lunch) - rail trail south to Marmora loop.Saturday was Stoney Lake ride with 14 of us to Honeys for lunch. Sunday we had a mini snocross track at a friends farm and had all the kids on 120’s. Peak season around here .

• Like 1