Winter 2021

revrnd

Last ride of the season. Conditions in Hastings were great on the railbed. No snirt or gravel to deal w/. Met a friend & his son south of Bancroft on their way back to Chandos. Chatted w/ a sledder on a RAV LE. Looks sharp on the snow.

Put on 175 klicks for 3258 total this winter. Not bad considering the circumstances.

image.png.d3b3c06a62e1b466a349382b955d30f5.png

Between Ormsby Jct & Gilmour

May be an image of nature, snow and road

May be an image of nature and road

Stopped @ the 961. This is where TOP E used to go east towards Mazinaw.

May be an image of road

Just north of Millbridge

May be an image of nature, snow and tree

Turned around just west of Eldorado. Probably could've ridden to the Marmora parking lot.

Stopped @ Stoney Settlement Rd. Centre Hastings & Old Hastings clubs meet here.

May be an image of snowmobile, snow and nature

Mapboard is just east of Millbridge.

May be an image of map

May be an image of snow and nature

'McDonalds' in the summer you can see the fill of a spur that went towards Jordan Lake to serve the iron mining in that area in the late 19th century.

May be an image of nature and snow

May be an image of text that says 'Coe Hill Central Ontario Railway waoriginally known as the Prince Edward County Railway 1873. On August 28, 1884 the complete as Coc Hill. After discovery of William Coc and Harry Johnson the arca, there nced for railway transport the mine ore from the minc. August 1898 the first rails were laid to continuc n o Bancroft. HASTING Ontario Canada'

??

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'STICKER Boy WAS HERE WHAT A WORTHLESS SUPER POWER'

Southbound (on the way bay to Coe Hill by Spring Lake.

May be an image of snow and nature

Sled is nice & clean to finish the season. Caught up to a pair of sleds that had gotten on the railbed @ Rimington Road & then turned off onto St Ola Road. Road running looked awful (bare gravel) so I don't know what they were thinking.

• Like 8

Great pics @revrnd!!  And a good season too!  

Is that the SR21 LinQ bag you have?  How do you like it, thinking of running that bag on the Cat next year instead on the large Cat tunnel bag. 

• Like 1

Talking about these hard top LinQ bags, what do most do with them, remove them on saddle bag trips when you get to your destination or pack a soft carry bag inside of it with your stuff inside if it and leave the LinQ bag on the sled?

I know they are expensive too, so I am guessing walking away overnight is a thought/concern, but I see they offer locks as well.

1 hour ago, stoney said:

Talking about these hard top LinQ bags, what do most do with them, remove them on saddle bag trips when you get to your destination or pack a soft carry bag inside of it with your stuff inside if it and leave the LinQ bag on the sled?

I know they are expensive too, so I am guessing walking away overnight is a thought/concern, but I see they offer locks as well.

They are essentially waterproof. If packing gear, clothes etc, we typically put everything in large, good quality zip lock bags, and then put them in the linq bags. We also take everything in the rooms..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

They are essentially waterproof. If packing gear, clothes etc, we typically put everything in large, good quality zip lock bags, and then put them in the linq bags. We also take everything in the rooms..

Same for us 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arctic JC said:

Is that the SR21 LinQ bag you have?  How do you like it, thinking of running that bag on the Cat next year instead on the large Cat tunnel bag. 

Thanks! Just above my average (1950 miles over 30 odd seasons). Not stellar, but good riding. I think I was motivated to get out & ride as we didn't know how long trails would be open. I had a few seasons before hooking up w/ the OC crew, that I didn't hit a thousand miles. Just didn't feel like riding.

Yes, that is the SR21. Not in the normal position, but I'm using 1 of my adapter kits (for the small gas caddy & medium bag). I'm looking for the medium bag & caddy so if anyone knows of either going up for sale, let me know.

For our overnight trip to Hearst last weekend, I had a bit more stuff in the bag than normal. During the off season I plan on going thru the 3 'toilet kits' I have stuff in & winnow it down. Possibly go to the medium bag for daytrips & use the SR21 for longer tours. 

Normally I don't 'overpack' like this.:

20210307_154819.thumb.jpg.c063d95088b985acf6190e78f361f1c0.jpg

20210307_154723.thumb.jpg.2f2403dcf10efd662e022387b66464d6.jpg

Once we got back to Kap, the extras were removed & the lid strap was adjusted to it was tight, like usual.

What I had in it yesterday:

20210307_155851.thumb.jpg.2194cdcd6f2999fc08569479f5e78124.jpg

Had I been on a loop, I would've carried my booster pack in it as well.  I bring it in the room like TD said. What do those of you do that carry a gas caddy? I know a couple of seasons ago someone offered a LinQ lock but it disappeared from the market. Opinions were that BRP went after the make on patent infringement. That being said, they haven't offered anything themselves to lock the accessories to the tunnel.

EDIT: https://www.whiteouttechnologies.com/home/26-link-lock.html @Arctic JC is this the lock you mentioned? I think it's different than the 1 I was thinking of.

40 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Thanks! Just above my average (1950 miles over 30 odd seasons). Not stellar, but good riding. I think I was motivated to get out & ride as we didn't know how long trails would be open. I had a few seasons before hooking up w/ the OC crew, that I didn't hit a thousand miles. Just didn't feel like riding.

Yes, that is the SR21. Not in the normal position, but I'm using 1 of my adapter kits (for the small gas caddy & medium bag). I'm looking for the medium bag & caddy so if anyone knows of either going up for sale, let me know.

For our overnight trip to Hearst last weekend, I had a bit more stuff in the bag than normal. During the off season I plan on going thru the 3 'toilet kits' I have stuff in & winnow it down. Possibly go to the medium bag for daytrips & use the SR21 for longer tours. 

Normally I don't 'overpack' like this.:

20210307_154819.thumb.jpg.c063d95088b985acf6190e78f361f1c0.jpg

20210307_154723.thumb.jpg.2f2403dcf10efd662e022387b66464d6.jpg

Once we got back to Kap, the extras were removed & the lid strap was adjusted to it was tight, like usual.

What I had in it yesterday:

20210307_155851.thumb.jpg.2194cdcd6f2999fc08569479f5e78124.jpg

Had I been on a loop, I would've carried my booster pack in it as well.  I bring it in the room like TD said. What do those of you do that carry a gas caddy? I know a couple of seasons ago someone offered a LinQ lock but it disappeared from the market. Opinions were that BRP went after the make on patent infringement. That being said, they haven't offered anything themselves to lock the accessories to the tunnel.

EDIT: https://www.whiteouttechnologies.com/home/26-link-lock.html @Arctic JC is this the lock you mentioned? I think it's different than the 1 I was thinking of.

Doo is offering a new linq adapter plate for next season,  and a new locking linq.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Doo is offering a new linq adapter plate for next season,  and a new locking linq.

image.png.469be0e83759b1a04ae0a64e468ac219.png

Is this the adapter plate you're speaking of?

image.png.fa31fe20322482d230abd1888d366e23.png

6 hours ago, revrnd said:

Last ride of the season. Conditions in Hastings were great on the railbed. No snirt or gravel to deal w/. Met a friend & his son south of Bancroft on their way back to Chandos. Chatted w/ a sledder on on a RAV LE. Looks sharp on the snow.

Put on 175 klicks for 3258 total this winter. Not bad considering the circumstances.

May be an image of nature, snow and tree

Was Honey Hornburg und die  Stuttgart Steppers there ? :lmao:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, volunteer2 said:

Was Honey Hornburg und die  Stuttgart Steppers there ? :lmao:

Not sure if there were many German settlers in that area or not LOL

1 minute ago, volunteer2 said:

Have to check the archives for and Schultz or Klink names:rotflmao:

One of my ancestors apparently was the mayor of Trenton for a year (1870s I think).

3 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

That's the one's 

Says it's for the Skandic have you been told it fits other models?

7 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

Have to check the archives for and Schultz or Klink names:rotflmao:

:icon_doh:

Now I understand your 1st comment...

:baghead:

7 hours ago, Arctic JC said:

That’s the bag I run! Either on top of the fuel tank or without it. Works great

1 hour ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

That’s the bag I run! Either on top of the fuel tank or without it. Works great

Looking back at the pics of the ride two weeks ago I can’t believe I didn’t ask you about the mount and bags you use.  Are you happy with the UNT mount?? With the SR21 bag alone can you still use the med tunnel bag in front of it?? 

8 hours ago, Arctic JC said:

Looking back at the pics of the ride two weeks ago I can’t believe I didn’t ask you about the mount and bags you use.  Are you happy with the UNT mount?? With the SR21 bag alone can you still use the med tunnel bag in front of it?? 

Yes, the UNT mount raises the tank just enough so it can be moved back and up enough to go around the tail light. Get Rob to give you my number and I’ll text you a bunch of pics John!

• Thanks 1

On 3/2/2021 at 7:47 AM, volunteer2 said:

So speaking of studs   how do these screw in ones work ?   this has never been talked about in the garage meetings :icon_lolsign:    How secure are they and are heat exchange protectors needed       I guess the IR has the studs molded in at manufacture ?   I do have studs on the sleds and was thinking of skipping the 600 sport but may  try this idea  

I talked to guy from I grips at show a few years ago. They seem to stay in well if done properly. He recommended a cold weather glue for added security. I may try it myself since track is now half worn anyways. I asked my dealer about it and he cringed and told me I am better off to change out track to an ice ripper. 

28 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

I talked to guy from I grips at show a few years ago. They seem to stay in well if done properly. He recommended a cold weather glue for added security. I may try it myself since track is now half worn anyways. I asked my dealer about it and he cringed and told me I am better off to change out track to an ice ripper. 

After I posted the question I got to thinking how do they stud winter tires ?  It's been done along time and that system should be proven 

17 hours ago, Arctic JC said:

Just be ready for sticker shock if you haven't looked at their website.

:o

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

After I posted the question I got to thinking how do they stud winter tires ?  It's been done along time and that system should be proven 

I haven't read or heard anything negative (that I can remember LOL) from people who have installed them Nick.

• Thanks 1

Well that's it for sledding here. Weather turned to crap yesterday. Sunny and warm +15*, when I went to get my sled shocks yesterday. Then lots of thunder w/ dark clouds. The front & thunderstorm rolled thru around 6.

Club Zoom meeting & we were told our trails are now closed & the groomers returned to the clubhouse. 

I see on the ITG that Old Hastings trails are yellow.

@Turbo Doo You guys have fun up on the Corridor & watch out for transports on the trails.

• Like 1