Winter 2021

revrnd

1 hour ago, Spiderman said:

We got smoked here in the Steel City, buried.

On the plus side - went riding Sunday and my goodness was that a lot of fun and just what I needed to feel some normal.

Enjoy riding folks.

Cousin lives in Burlington and BEFORE the storm he said the had 14" from last week's Lake effect dumping.

Last night we added 5" to the depth on the snow stic, so we're up to 22" now.

Just now, revrnd said:

Cousin lives in Burlington and BEFORE the storm he said the had 14" from last week's Lake effect dumping.

Last night we added 5" to the depth on the snow stic, so we're up to 22" now.

Yup, we got pummelled un-expectedly friday - then all day saturday too.

Thursday night - I finished flooding my rink at 11:30 - she was perfect - calling for a 30% chance of a dusting - woke up to 10" of fresh snow by 7:00 a.m. - snowed all day - continued into saturday and stopped in the evening.

I am out of places to put snow from my rink right now.

• Like 1

My little guy loving his new cool low windshield he got for Christmas - and my daughter now riding Grandma's sled - they grow up fast.

Little Man.jpg

Daughter.jpg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Spiderman said:

My little guy loving his new cool low windshield he got for Christmas - and my daughter now riding Grandma's sled - they grow up fast.

Little Man.jpg

Daughter.jpg

Mother had 2 Indy Lites (to replace a vintage Citation 300) & the the smaller Indy 340. Never had any issues w/ those sleds or the Classic that the new owner killed this season.

P.S.: Love the retro graphics!

55 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Lake Pic.jpg

nice. stay off the rest of the lake the damn slush is awful

17 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Nice I am at 700 km’s so far, all local riding for a change. How many km’s you usually get in a season in your area? 

hit 750 I think this weekend. No complaints for snow

8 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Huge slush on Muskoka/Rosseau-very heavy going!

6 minutes ago, Muskoka1 said:

Huge slush on Muskoka/Rosseau-very heavy going!

ya our lakes ice dropped twice this year. the last time was from that heavy snow storm weeks ago. No big deal for a long track sled with a good track but you couldnt (or at least I didnt want to) stop.

44 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Yup, found some pretty serious slush in a few spots - one I actually thought was open water - but I know now it wasn't - but it was very sloppy off the beaten path.

5 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Yup, found some pretty serious slush in a few spots - one I actually thought was open water - but I know now it wasn't - but it was very sloppy off the beaten path.

ya we ripped across last sunday but stayed in some old tracks just because.

Spend the day digging and snow blowing after the 10 to 12 inch dump last night, After 3 hours of blowing I needed a 2 hour nap. Broke the plow mount on the ATV, then got the Lawn tractor/blower stuck so then on to my #3 a walk behind blower. Dam I need a bigger tractor !  I have to be careful what I wish for when it comes more snow please.. Tomorrow plan on getting out on the sled. 

IMG_20210216_165256.jpg

IMG_20210216_165308.jpg

IMG_20210216_165302.jpg

Edited by Muskoka Bill
  • Like 5

A little run to to Baysville for gas, got the fire going, returned and finished snowblowing. East side hgr is starting to shape up now. Takes a lot of snow to make it nice.

B17090F2-9914-48F3-AC7F-2146F6C5D4D8.jpeg

• Like 3

I imagine all the lakes will be a mess now. Eels had slush on it a weekend ago. Stoney WAS good on Friday as per my pics. 

5 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I imagine all the lakes will be a mess now. Eels had slush on it a weekend ago. Stoney WAS good on Friday as per my pics. 

Yup this last blast of snow has really brought up the slush. Staked lakes that are well travelled on both sides of stake line are better. The lakes we run up here not staked are a mess. Double edged sword..can’t have looots of snow and not have slushy lakes. It will get better. Just takes time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muskoka Bill said:

Spend the day digging and snow blowing after the 10 to 12 inch dump last night, After 3 hours of blowing I needed a 2 hour nap. Broke the plow mount on the ATV, then got the Lawn tractor/blower stuck so then on to my #3 a walk behind blower. Dam I need a bigger tractor !  I have to be careful what I wish for when it comes more snow please.. Tomorrow plan on getting out on the sled. 

IMG_20210216_165256.jpg

IMG_20210216_165308.jpg

IMG_20210216_165302.jpg

Looking good for snow depth. Don't complain about too much snow now..

• Haha 1

Wee need some up here badly

• Sad 1

While some of you were drooling on your keyboards looking @ black & yellow plastic, I was out checking real estate in the upper part of D3.

May be an image of nature and snow

May be an image of nature and tree

Several sleds (including 2 OPP sleds) parked @ the Havelock Tim's when I turned onto Hwy 7. By the time I had unloaded & headed out, They were back on the trail. They had a couple of sled stopped east of Dunford's. Just looked @ my permit & gave me the thumbs up.

Staged just east of Havelock @ the parking lot. Another rig there too. 163 klicks for the afternoon. Got back around 7:30 PM. Actually seemed to be better riding @ night, trails were tightening up. Havelock District S/C had been out grooming since I started.

image.png.ea74f8e8df2bb541caf664c7118eacbb.png

A warning to any of you folks that are planning to do some riding before the trails get groomed after the snowfall. Pretty much all the trails I was on were a single 'groove' around corners. I tried to stay up on the berm but it was difficult @ times. I made the mistake of letting 2 sleds go by when I had pulled off the trail. Not riding as fast as I wanted & just riding the easiest route around corners. I don't know how long I followed them but it seemed like forever. They finally pulled over in a field.toney Lake is now staked. It wasn't on Friday. Not sure what was up w/ the stake line for SLSR#703. It was staked like a giant slalom. More of a zig zag than a line.

Saw 5 deer & a rabbit.

• Like 2

On 2/16/2021 at 2:23 PM, Strong Farmer said:

Nice I am at 700 km’s so far, all local riding for a change. How many km’s you usually get in a season in your area? 

Yes, I am at 2800km local riding and going back out today. Had our first lunch of the season at Harleys in Mildmay yesterday. Nice change from hot dogs on the trail.

PXL_20210217_194203193.jpg

• Like 2

Was never one to take many pictures, but feeling this year will be my last in the groomer, so stopping to get a few. Too many hours on the trails, too few of those with the sled.

IMG_20210217_092733801.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 2/13/2021 at 7:04 PM, revrnd said:

Just did some math. 1302 klicks or 807 miles so far.

Just did some math. 0 klicks or 0 miles so far, one of the benefits of riding an area controlled by an idiot.

• Sad 3