Winter 2021

revrnd

The GPS track from yesterday:

image.png.62164ca5e0c2ece125aa69d9fad54364.png

If anyone can fill me in on reason for 504 I'd like to know.

From today's 'bush ride':

May be an image of nature, snow and road

May be an image of nature, snow, road and tree

May be an image of tree, nature, road and snow

May be an image of nature

May be an image of nature and snow

Only saw 2 sleds on my ride (a few @ the gas station earlier filling up a gas can & the sled). Of the 2 I saw it was a blue 3cyl Yamaha that had puked it's oil when the drain plug fell out. Rider's friend had gone back to Apsley for help. Not sure if how that would work out as the gas station closes @ 5 & not sure about Tuckers'  (the Yammi dealer).

One question, this is the second Yamaha that I've heard losing the oil drain plug (the other was my friend's Apex a few years ago). I asked the rider which motor he said and he said the triple. Is there an issue and/or difficulty w/ accessing the plug resulting in improper installation?

1 hour ago, zoso said:

Leaving for edmonton, will report how much snow these streamers are laying down on the way up north.

Be careful on the roads.

May be an image of road

Thursday @ the New Liskeard lights. My friend said when he was heading home, the Grant rig was parked up @ Gilli's. Commented about the pin or 5th wheel breaking on the Volvo as the dry van is up against the cab.

7 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Be careful on the roads.

May be an image of road

Thursday @ the New Liskeard lights. My friend said when he was heading home, the Grant rig was parked up @ Gilli's. Commented about the pin or 5th wheel breaking on the Volvo as the dry van is up against the cab.

LOL, the s&*t I see out here is messed up. Brampton drivers have no idea what the word safety means.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, zoso said:

LOL, the s&*t I see out here is messed up. Brampton drivers have no idea what the word safety means.

My friend said he didn't think it was caused by sun in the driver's eyes...

I worry about him. He's 60 this spring so I don't know if he's going to retire or not. 

Edited by revrnd

It's been snowing hard now for the last 24 hours here North of Bracebridge , must have at least a foot of snow and no sign of it letting up!! I cleaned the drive way and stairs last night, this could be a dandy dump , just what the doctor ordered.

IMG_20210206_131628.thumb.jpg.536ec5565ae5d9dd89fc17a6a878f778.jpgIMG_20210206_131615.thumb.jpg.4234ff0df2f742a07458aa1e1e472f48.jpgIMG_20210206_131605_BURST1.thumb.jpg.98c0fef2577b471c99a5a3435b892687.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Muskoka Bill said:

It's been snowing hard now for the last 24 hours here North of Bracebridge , must have at least a foot of snow and no sign of it letting up!! I cleaned the drive way and stairs last night, this could be a dandy dump , just what the doctor ordered.

IMG_20210206_131628.thumb.jpg.536ec5565ae5d9dd89fc17a6a878f778.jpgIMG_20210206_131615.thumb.jpg.4234ff0df2f742a07458aa1e1e472f48.jpgIMG_20210206_131605_BURST1.thumb.jpg.98c0fef2577b471c99a5a3435b892687.jpg

Looking good 

• Like 1

I rode up D from Gravenhurst this morning, and did a U-Turn in Port Sydney - - too much fresh snow on the trail.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Blake G said:

I rode up D from Gravenhurst this morning, and did a U-Turn in Port Sydney - - too much fresh snow on the trail.

There is more snow 10 km north of downtown by a factor of two, Just finished blowing the drive way again. At least 15-16 inches now

Blake, I would think the visibility was why you turned around as the light is very flat and to see turns would be difficult ??

• Like 1

The plan was to nip across Mary Lake, come down D103B, take an unopened bush trail off Purbrook Road, then end up at Summerland Store for a breaky bagel and coffee. But I suddenly looked like the abominable snowman inside a snow globe (around 815 a.m. at Stephenson Road 4) so decided to reverse course and flee southward down Lone Pine Drive. 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Blake G said:

The plan was to nip across Mary Lake, come down D103B, take an unopened bush trail off Purbrook Road, then end up at Summerland Store for a breaky bagel and coffee. But I suddenly looked like the abominable snowman inside a snow globe (around 815 a.m. at Stephenson Road 4) so decided to reverse course and flee southward down Lone Pine Drive. 

This could be considered an epic dump if it even slowed you down let alone get you to pack it in !! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My kinda closet neighborhood told me we’re at around 18-20 inches and we’re in the Seguin falls area.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Muskoka Bill said:

This could be considered an epic dump if it even slowed you down let alone get you to pack it in !! 

Not slow down. I said flee. LOL

I fled to Summerland by a different route, like a pinball ball, stopping only to rescue an upside down sledder along the way.

20210206_101651.jpg

They weren’t able to upright the machine, but an extra 265 lbs of hungry hippo did the trick.

20210206_185343.jpg

Here's a Facebook picture of Summerland's breaky bagels. 

FB_IMG_1612655325169.jpg

Edited by Blake G
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Blake G said:

One of those riders, huh...... lol

Those are the really good days, but can be a challenge too!

Last year when we all got that massive dump of snow at the end of Feb, 6 of us left the cabins for a day ride in QC, but only 2 of us actually did not turn back and had an epic ride that day!

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 8:54 PM, revrnd said:

From today's 'bush ride':

May be an image of nature, snow and road

May be an image of nature, snow, road and tree

May be an image of tree, nature, road and snow

May be an image of nature and snow

Only saw 2 sleds on my ride (a few @ the gas station earlier filling up a gas can & the sled). Of the 2 I saw it was a blue 3cyl Yamaha that had puked it's oil when the drain plug fell out. Rider's friend had gone back to Apsley for help. Not sure if how that would work out as the gas station closes @ 5 & not sure about Tuckers'  (the Yammi dealer).

One question, this is the second Yamaha that I've heard losing the oil drain plug (the other was my friend's Apex a few years ago). I asked the rider which motor he said and he said the triple. Is there an issue and/or difficulty w/ accessing the plug resulting in improper installation?

It’s a long 6mm stainless cap screw with a brass washer for sealing. Perhaps the did not install with the washer???

10 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

It’s a long 6mm stainless cap screw with a brass washer for sealing. Perhaps the did not install with the washer???

Or it can be the oil tank drain screw but either way it’s not a known issue but a who ever touched it error. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, revrnd said:

My friend said he didn't think it was caused by sun in the driver's eyes...

I worry about him. He's 60 this spring so I don't know if he's going to retire or not. 

We have a 78 year old still running part time. He drag races carts and uses the money to fuel that hobby.

• Like 1

Hey PLC, tell you know who there is picture of him peeing on the internet.

:rotflmao:

9FE8F023-8D66-4696-B75B-BE69E791051A.thumb.jpeg.91dacd448d597783f26f055925fc3a61.jpeg

yes, my backup sled is still being ridden.

Edited by Blackstar

1 hour ago, zoso said:

We have a 78 year old still running part time. He drag races carts and uses the money to fuel that hobby.

I'm not worried about his personal health, it's the wheel holders taking him out that concerns me.

Out w/ my buddy on his new Renny (900ACE). We did 145 klicks. A bit of slush on where it was mint on Eels the past Weds'. Running south on Chandos we had to deal w/ the crosswind. doing a 95 - 100 kph & you're leaning to the right LOL

Lots of couples, a few kidlet passengers riding. Even saw a redhead on a Renny

May be an image of snowmobile, snow and nature

May be an image of nature and road

And no we didn't hit TOP A east of Mattice LOL

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 8:54 PM, revrnd said:

504 would appear to be the top end of the old Elmhirst trail??

It was re-routed this year

As for the Yammie oil drain plug, I've never heard of one doing that before. Perhaps as has been mentioned it is a maintenance goof-up.

• Like 1