Winter 2021

revrnd

1 hour ago, zoso said:

We rode from home today. Yay.

Any improvement w/ the snow cover?

23 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Any improvement w/ the snow cover?

For sure. That 10 cm helped, yet we still need more. Went and got fuel in Athens, no snow at all on the road. The girl at the station was amazed at those wheels on the yamaha. I think I may get some for my sled. They make it easy to navigate on dry pavement.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zoso said:

For sure. That 10 cm helped, yet we still need more. Went and got fuel in Athens, no snow at all on the road. The girl at the station was amazed at those wheels on the yamaha. I think I may get some for my sled. They make it easy to navigate on dry pavement.

I put them on and just think they are great for re-fueling at gas stations and road running.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muskoka Bill said:

I put them on and just think they are great for re-fueling at gas stations and road running.

They'd be a big help @ the gas station in Hiawatha. Pumps are in the middle of a big paved lot. :(

15 hours ago, zoso said:

Soon we won't need the skis at all, just wheels!

• Sad 1

53 klicks of exercise, no pics as it was kind of a gloomy day here. Broke the trail into the woodlot. Lots of deer tracks on the Crown since my last run & the moose(s) had been moving around on our property. Saw 3 sleds on the trail, two were a couple that I know from the lake.

Nice 100 mile ride this morning.

Really liking the early morning start and back to the truck just after noon.....the return ride to the truck is quite a bit busier with a lot more bad riders, few close calls, nothing too bad except one that forced me into the bush on trail 63 when I passed a group of about 6 or so heading the opposite way towards MTH.

Wolf Loop was great, been a few years since I rode it, great little run/loop plus took trail 67 for the first time since it opened, another nice run.

IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1295.jpg

IMG_1296.jpg

IMG_1297.jpg

IMG_1298.jpg

IMG_1300.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

IMG_1302.jpg

• Like 5

^^ great pictures. Where did you park? 

58 minutes ago, Re:Leaf said:

^^ great pictures. Where did you park? 

Raven lake is my usual spot that is right on 35 where you can take either d101B or 61, but lot can be full, so there are other spots either South or North of there to also park.

That’s great. Thank you

@stoney Were you on D101B north of Hwy 60?

77 klicks for me including some bush trail riding to see friends' deer camp.

20210130_154539.thumb.jpg.deabe0983a92535d1705579443ceaec6.jpg

#617 west of Paudash Lake.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, revrnd said:

@stoney Were you on D101B north of Hwy 60?

77 klicks for me including some bush trail riding to see friends' deer camp.

20210130_154539.thumb.jpg.deabe0983a92535d1705579443ceaec6.jpg

#617 west of Paudash Lake.

Not today, decided not to venture further north than the ASC shelter, decided to do the wolf loop and to the  north east end of kawagama on 64 instead figuring they’d be quieter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stoney said:

Not today, decided not to venture further north than the ASC shelter, decided to do the wolf loop and to the  north east end of kawagama on 64 instead figuring they’d be quieter. 

How was the wolf loop?  I was tempted today

7 minutes ago, stonehaven said:

How was the wolf loop?  I was tempted today

Very good. 
Been a while since I have rode it, must have been some logging last few years, don’t recall the loop trail being so wide.... but than again it was usually done at night after arriving at the cottage, always a great night ride. 

End of the day

IMG_20210130_234428_651.thumb.jpg.02166fe303b30de19e61b8c62233240e.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Oh yah, i see, out after dark, your one of those guys eh?.....:lol:

LOL

I could've been had I stayed for dinner w/ the guys. I got back around 6:30 & just parked the sled by the back door. Went out after supper to move in into the shed.

8 below F overnight here. 

2 hours ago, revrnd said:

LOL

I could've been had I stayed for dinner w/ the guys. I got back around 6:30 & just parked the sled by the back door. Went out after supper to move in into the shed.

8 below F overnight here. 

Just kidding with you. I figured your not the out riding after midnight type..:lol:

• Like 1

What is wrong with night riding?

We used to always do it, usually Fri night for sure after arriving at the cottage or we would do the leach lake 500 at night as well! 

Always knew when someone was coming.

Just needed to have full tanks....most gas station close up at 5PM....

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Just kidding with you. I figured your not the out riding after midnight type..:lol:

I kind of figured you had the stick out poking @ me LOL

12 minutes ago, stoney said:

We used to always do it, usually Fri night for sure after arriving at the cottage or we would do the leach lake 500 at night as well! 

Nothing as my parents & I used to ride out west of Apsley on the old Rathburn Trail to the lookouts. Check out the stars & maybe hear a wolf howling in the distance.

I think the inference is that the only time we hear about night riding is after an accident. I don't recall seeing anyone posting about it or posting pics. Which is obvious as the pic I attached isn't the greatest, but gives you the idea.

About 15 years ago 2 of us rode from a co-worker's home in Bowmanville to his cottage on Glamor Lake after dayshift. I had my sled @ home, so brother drove my truck north after unloading it. I ended up getting to Apsley about 2 AM. I was really careful as in hindsight travelling thru the Tory Hill Hadlington area late @ night solo, isn't the brightest thing to do.

2 hours ago, stoney said:

Nothing wrong with it at all. Revrnd and i are just exchanging laughs about nothing good happens after midnight on sleds, thats all. 

2 hours ago, revrnd said:

I kind of figured you had the stick out poking @ me LOL

Nothing as my parents & I used to ride out west of Apsley on the old Rathburn Trail to the lookouts. Check out the stars & maybe hear a wolf howling in the distance.

I think the inference is that the only time we hear about night riding is after an accident. I don't recall seeing anyone posting about it or posting pics. Which is obvious as the pic I attached isn't the greatest, but gives you the idea.

About 15 years ago 2 of us rode from a co-worker's home in Bowmanville to his cottage on Glamor Lake after dayshift. I had my sled @ home, so brother drove my truck north after unloading it. I ended up getting to Apsley about 2 AM. I was really careful as in hindsight travelling thru the Tory Hill Hadlington area late @ night solo, isn't the brightest thing to do.

:lol: