Winter 2021

revrnd

Still snowing here. Hard to tell how much we got as it is blowing into corners and drifts. Looks like very little has stayed on the trail at our place.

About 5 cm down here in the south heading to Seaforth tomorrow hopefully they get decent amount of new snow 

• Like 1

Slowed down a lot.....about 5cm fell pretty quick here in the Landing. System is over half by me, so 10cm is not likely.

But the plows were sure to already get out and get those roads cleared....

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Anyone else experiencing this world ending 5 to 10 cms storm. Like my lord. :headbang:... Its only 5 to 10 cms. :icon_gunhead:

I hear you! You would think Toronto was Houston or Atlanta... Back in the 70s 1 of my father's co-workers had to go down to Atlanta to a plant there. It happened to snow while he was there. Driving down a freeway he passed a DOT pickup w/ a guy in the back shovelling sand over the tailgate.

:lmao:

Well with all the negativity around winter in recent years, any snow is horrible.

Just started snowing here, with 13" on the stick right now.

Just now

20210126_133548.thumb.jpg.99691a46995e10b465b7b327b478b1af.jpg

• Like 2

I was wrong, snow is still falling, even picked up a bit and looks like the storm system has stalled somewhat.......10cm might not be far off what has fallen now.

Will be good for Simcoe seeing as it was getting very thin on snow coverage.

Edited by stoney
  • Like 1

6" today so far here in Shelburne. Snow didn't start until about 10:15am and its still coming down. About to go out to clear the driveway for a 2nd time today.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1049 said:

About 5 cm down here in the south heading to Seaforth tomorrow hopefully they get decent amount of new snow 

Rode from there yesterday. Sounds like they did get a decent amount of new snow as they said groomer’s were heading out this aft. I thought conditions were much better from Teeswater and up. Enjoy the ride. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Anyone else experiencing this world ending 5 to 10 cms storm. Like my lord. :headbang:... Its only 5 to 10 cms. :icon_gunhead:

Surprising we got 4". The forecasts I was hearing was that areas further away from the lakeshore wouldn't get as much. We're up to 17" now.

14 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Beautiful.  Come on Friday...

closer to 8" of snow in total for yesterday in Shelburne.

• Like 1

In the Steel City, we got hit decently - most we've had all year.

• Like 1

Back to a more important topic, SNOW. Chatted with my mother.  She told me she was talking to her fathers sister in Lake Tahoe CA. Seems like the big snows a coming. Watched TWN, Truckee CA, is forecast for 200 to 300cms of snow before the end of the month. Like wtf. Did anyone see all the snow in Flagstaff Arizona. :headbang:...

• Like 1

Wow.. here Toronto issues alerts with 5-10cm, there it’s in feet with drifts up to 5 feet lol..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Back to a more important topic, SNOW. Chatted with my mother.  She told me she was talking to her fathers sister in Lake Tahoe CA. Seems like the big snows a coming. Watched TWN, Truckee CA, is forecast for 200 to 300cms of snow before the end of the month. Like wtf. Did anyone see all the snow in Flagstaff Arizona. :headbang:...

Like my friend said, "It's snowing here in Toronto where it's a waste!"

46 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Why can't we get some of this...:drool2:

Screenshot_20210127-205140_Weather Network.jpg

Screenshot_20210127-205112_Weather Network.jpg

You do recall what happened in '99 don't you? It was disaster of Biblical proportions. I thought this was Canada not Little Rock Arkansas...

After a couple of things I saw today, does anyone here know someone that has bought a sled for the 1st time? If yes, could you please tell them to stay to the right.

If I had been a couple of seconds entering a corner I would've hit an oncoming sled head on. The opposing sleds had a right hand slightly off camber turn w/ a bit of a hump. The lead rider was on my side of the trail as I approached the curve. Then a few minutes later @ the Nephton/Stoney turnoff, I met 2 more sleds & the 2nd sled was struggling to maneuver thru a bypass (water on trail) that wasn't really a problem. Later up the trail I could see where the 2nd sled's tracks came up the middle of the trail as it came over the top of a hill. 

I was out for some exercise today doing what I call the Jack's Lake Loop. SLSR trails #747, 706 & a short section of 702 and E107

image.png.b62edac38b672c785f95a23e5bf812e0.png

Image may contain: sky, cloud, tree, snow, outdoor and nature

Near the 706 and 747 intersection at Lasswade.

Image may contain: tree, sky, snow, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: tree, sky, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: tree, snow, sky, plant, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: one or more people, tree, snow, sky, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: tree, snow, sky, outdoor and nature

Heading south to the Nephton parking lot (plowed)

Image may contain: tree, snow, outdoor and nature

Stopped at 'The Plantation' south of Little Jack's Lake. E107 to the right and 708 behind my sled.

72 klicks for the afternoon. Saw a fisher run across E107 on the forest access road portion west of Jack's Lake.

• Like 3