Winter 2021

revrnd

2 hours ago, coldfinger said:

Got mine yesterday Service On. I was the only one in the office took all of 5 minutes One less detail too get hassled about on the trail .

1 hour ago, snowchopper said:

Went to SO  and got my new sticker. The girl behind the counter said techincally "i didn't need to" but she also said  "could depend on the Police officers discrection if you get a ticket." So i got it and it will be one less thing to get hassled about on the trail just like Coldfinger said.

Reminds me of a saying from a book about the mafia and Jimmy Hoffa - "I Heard You Paint Houses"  ...when someone suspects  some "harm" from someone else ......"if in doubt, don't be in doubt".

I also recall reading or seeing issues with people getting fines or hassles from police on the renewals.

I did not receive any paperwork for all my renewals, but before my birthday renewed what I could online and went to the MTO for my truck seeing I am not able to do that online......but this happened when we were not "locked down"

Not sure if the MTO is open during the lock down.....I would think so.

The online process was super easy, really cannot see anyone not wanting to do it this way honestly, if they can. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stoney said:

I also recall reading or seeing issues with people getting fines or hassles from police on the renewals.

I did not receive any paperwork for all my renewals, but before my birthday renewed what I could online and went to the MTO for my truck seeing I am not able to do that online......but this happened when we were not "locked down"

Not sure if the MTO is open during the lock down.....I would think so.

The online process was super easy, really cannot see anyone not wanting to do it this way honestly, if they can. 

I did the same. Got the sled Val tags online, got the work truck tags at the Service Ontario office because they won't allow you to buy tags for vehicles with GVRW's over 3000kgs.

I don't think they can close the offices completely due to servicing the auto dealers and commercial vehicles operators.

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I don't think they can close the offices completely due to servicing the auto dealers and commercial vehicles operators.

Pretty sure Elmira S.O. has been closed since round 1 started. Almost all the Service Ontario offices are franchises and with people being able to put off buying new stickers and getting new health cards I'm guessing some like the Elmira one decided it just wasn't worth their time to be open.

3 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Pretty sure Elmira S.O. has been closed since round 1 started. Almost all the Service Ontario offices are franchises and with people being able to put off buying new stickers and getting new health cards I'm guessing some like the Elmira one decided it just wasn't worth their time to be open.

I went to the one on Lexington in Waterloo. I was in and out in 3 minutes with my 5 tags. 3 clerks and only a few people coming in.They were still open on Saturdays before the latest restrictions and if Google is correct, they are open this Saturday.

1 hour ago, coldfinger said:

Slomo I am always glad when I can jog some ones memory. Happy New Year .

Me to especially if its mine I can jog.

Put 40 miles on today breaking trails in preparation for grooming.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

They do not send reminder notices any longer. It is the individuals responsibility to renew after they let us know when Covid is over although on lline and possibly some Service Ontario outlets may be open (our local one isn't since Covid started).

You are correct.

I don't believe you will get a renewal notice anymore unless you have a special class of license that requires testing at renewal or a medical is required for renewal.

Not even those. Wife was due to write her A and she was advised she could wait until they sent her a notice.

22 minutes ago, zoso said:

Not even those. Wife was due to write her A and she was advised she could wait until they sent her a notice.

Do the other provinces and States accept that your license is expired?

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Good Question.

28 minutes ago, zoso said:

For now but when things get back to normal only the test/ medical class licensees will get notifications I believe.

13 hours ago, coldfinger said:

Slomo I am always glad when I can jog some ones memory. Happy New Year .

And to you as well. Good advice on your part!

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

If in doubt, don't be in doubt! 

After December 1, I renewed our outdoor cards / fishing licenses on line - arrived in mail 4 days later. I think the MNR appreciated having something to do at the office.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, zoso said:

All other provinces do, states I am not sure.

Chatting w/ a friend in NY & they were worried about losing their licence as the extension was about to expire before her renewal was processed. It finally came in the mail a couple of days before it did expire.

Ordered my sled valtag after seeing this the other day.

News Years Day ride.

Image may contain: tree, snow, sky, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: tree, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: snow and outdoor

Image may contain: tree, sky, snow, cloud, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: tree, sky, snow, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: tree, sky, outdoor and nature

No photo description available.

22 klicks for the day. Not quite as long a ride as New Years Day '96. Friend & I behaved ourselves on NYE, got up feeling fine, left the Jolly Roger in Parry Sound, rode up to Ardbeg & had breaky & rode back. Met the rest of the bunch back @ the JR, loaded up & headed home.

No animals today, just tracks. Neighbour had phoned me in the morning to say that another neighbour had to scare off 3 yotes that were coming across the creek from our property. I guess they were eyeing up the 2nd neighbour's 'kleenex box' sized terrier.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, revrnd said:

I like the sticker location. Mine is there so I can exchange windshields depending on the temperature. Same??? Also like the yellow ski loops. Otherwise are you using the stock adjustable skis?

13 minutes ago, tricky said:

I like the sticker location. Mine is there so I can exchange windshields depending on the temperature. Same??? Also like the yellow ski loops. Otherwise are you using the stock adjustable skis?

Yes. That's another idea of Denis' that I ripped off. I was stopped by the OPP (on sleds) afterwards the 1st winter I had it & had just gotten the permit for the sled. They kind of looked nonplussed as they pointed at the sled. When I stopped & turned off the sled. I explained to them the fact that the windshield was removed a bit too easily. I also told them I use a taller version in northern Ontario. They were fine w/ that.

The ski loops were a b'day present from brother. I think I had commented that the loops would've been better looking had they been yellow. The loops were how we jokingly said how we could tell mine (yellow), irREVerent's (white) & re: Leaf's (black) Buzzards apart.

On 12/31/2020 at 6:19 AM, slomo said:

For Parry Sound I would imagine it is quicker to go to Service Ontario - I would recommend the privately run branch in Mactier:

https://www.ontario.ca/locations/serviceontario/high-and-front-mactier

Great thing about it is open Saturdays. Your sticker will be free so might as well get the two year version. Reasonably certain that bringing your old registration paperwork and possibly insurance pink slip (although I have never had to show this) would make things easier especially with the address change.

Might want to phone ahead to check opening hours for covid ? 

They also stock these - Dragonfly Wingman -  pick up a couple for the spring - they really work!:

https://getyourbug.com

meeting.JPG.63831b5b99b5f46d136496c1b68acbd9.JPG

There is also Service Ontario down on Bay St. Parry Sound. Links to renewing on-line at the above url.

Thanks Slomo, licience stickers ordered!  The send me a pdf just in case until the new one arrives.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, revrnd said:

Chatting w/ a friend in NY & they were worried about losing their licence as the extension was about to expire before her renewal was processed. It finally came in the mail a couple of days before it did expire.

Ordered my sled valtag after seeing this the other day.

News Years Day ride.

Image may contain: snow and outdoor

Image may contain: tree, sky, snow, cloud, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: tree, sky, outdoor and nature

No photo description available.

22 klicks for the day. Not quite as long a ride as New Years Day '96. Friend & I behaved ourselves on NYE, got up feeling fine, left the Jolly Roger in Parry Sound, rode up to Ardbeg & had breaky & rode back. Met the rest of the bunch back @ the JR, loaded up & headed home.

No animals today, just tracks. Neighbour had phoned me in the morning to say that another neighbour had to scare off 3 yotes that were coming across the creek from our property. I guess they were eyeing up the 2nd neighbour's 'kleenex box' sized terrier.

I wish I had known. I would have driven down for a social distance visit in the parking lot. Haven’t seen you in 2 1/2 years. I am not far north of the Jolly Roger. 

18 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

Thanks for the correction ransomair. I missed that! Thanks for the advice TD. I would not want to insult anybody or hurt their feelings. I could land in OC jail. 

Just giving some friendly advice.  :icon_munching:....When i seen the comment, i was like, wow. Anyways......