Winter 2021

revrnd

3 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I believe the axle tube and mounting brackets need the most attention  Nick as they will rot out long before the aluminum will.

The second item is the disimilar metal corrosion that eventually happens between the axle brackets and frame as well as the steel bolts that bolt the axle and frame. Early rust protection in these areas will help extrend the life but that particular corrosion is unstoppable as far as I know. 

I'm guessing most guys on OC don't keep their trailers  long enough for it that to be an issue for them. 

I powerwash my trailer as much as I can in the winter top and bottom then really clean it well in the spring and spray the axle and brackets with Honey Goo.

My triton 3 sled open, I replaced the axle this summer. 19 years old.  Bolts and aluminum were both like new.

Only reason I switched axles was to change from hydraulic surge to electric brakes.  New axle was cheaper than parts for old axles

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Too much COVID talk. Put 2 klicks on the sled today

Image may contain: snow, motorcycle, tree and outdoor

Image may contain: snow, tree, house, outdoor and nature

Conditions here are 'open' on my ITG, which is good considering the weather we've been having.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Green or yellow status? :poke2:

Green! Even under the TREES LOL

8 hours ago, revrnd said:

Too much COVID talk. Put 2 klicks on the sled today

Image may contain: snow, motorcycle, tree and outdoor

Image may contain: snow, tree, house, outdoor and nature

Conditions here are 'open' on my ITG, which is good considering the weather we've been having.

The Hastings club has been out w the groomer? Or is that just hear say? Have a buddy up on L’Amable... said thing are shaping up nicely. 

40 minutes ago, T bird said:

The Hastings club has been out w the groomer? Or is that just hear say? Have a buddy up on L’Amable... said thing are shaping up nicely. 

Paudash is out packing their northern trails, so I imagine Old Hastings is doing the same. I was doing signage work on Tues' & more snow up in Harcourt than around here.

Stupid Question:  Just noticed that i have not updated my license sticker on the side of the sled since 2020.    Is this something that i have to go to the drivers license office to renew or is it something that can be done online?  

I am assuming that the renewal was sent to my old address, so never thought anything about it...

Thanks in advance for any help...

1 hour ago, snowman said:

Stupid Question:  Just noticed that i have not updated my license sticker on the side of the sled since 2020.    Is this something that i have to go to the drivers license office to renew or is it something that can be done online?  

I am assuming that the renewal was sent to my old address, so never thought anything about it...

For Parry Sound I would imagine it is quicker to go to Service Ontario - I would recommend the privately run branch in Mactier:

https://www.ontario.ca/locations/serviceontario/high-and-front-mactier

Great thing about it is open Saturdays. Your sticker will be free so might as well get the two year version. Reasonably certain that bringing your old registration paperwork and possibly insurance pink slip (although I have never had to show this) would make things easier especially with the address change.

Might want to phone ahead to check opening hours for covid ? 

They also stock these - Dragonfly Wingman -  pick up a couple for the spring - they really work!:

https://getyourbug.com

meeting.JPG.63831b5b99b5f46d136496c1b68acbd9.JPG

There is also Service Ontario down on Bay St. Parry Sound. Links to renewing on-line at the above url.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, snowman said:

Ontario no longer mails a reminder notice to renew your license stickers. You can do the renewal on line and it doesn't matter that the sled hasn't had a sticker for a few years. If one had been sent to your old address it would mean that you haven't changed your address on your driver's license or any ownership in your name since your move.

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, slomo said:

For Parry Sound I would imagine it is quicker to go to Service Ontario - I would recommend the privately run branch in Mactier:

https://www.ontario.ca/locations/serviceontario/high-and-front-mactier

Great thing about it is open Saturdays. Your sticker will be free so might as well get the two year version. Reasonably certain that bringing your old registration paperwork and possibly insurance pink slip (although I have never had to show this) would make things easier especially with the address change.

Might want to phone ahead to check opening hours for covid ? 

They also stock these - Dragonfly Wingman -  pick up a couple for the spring - they really work!:

https://getyourbug.com

meeting.JPG.63831b5b99b5f46d136496c1b68acbd9.JPG

There is also Service Ontario down on Bay St. Parry Sound. Links to renewing on-line at the above url.

Thanks Slomo!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snowman said:

I haven't moved and didn't receive my renewal notice. Is it because of this?

image.png.e751dfd52771df89b4e926dd59898b9a.png

image.png.a860350160bfd4e6c892eae5e1a1b518.png

https://www.ontario.ca/page/extended-validation-periods

• Like 1

I read you don't need to renew until" further notice" from MTO....am I wrong?

5 minutes ago, capster59 said:

The way I read it as well. My wife's drivers licence expired in May and we have received nothing to date.

2 hours ago, XTC500 said:

I haven't moved and didn't receive my renewal notice. Is it because of this?

They do not send reminder notices any longer. It is the individuals responsibility to renew after they let us know when Covid is over although on lline and possibly some Service Ontario outlets may be open (our local one isn't since Covid started).

1 hour ago, capster59 said:

You are correct.

59 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

My wife's drivers licence expired in May and we have received nothing to date.

I don't believe you will get a renewal notice anymore unless you have a special class of license that requires testing at renewal or a medical is required for renewal.

6 hours ago, snowman said:

20201230_154544.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gobills said:

20201230_154544.jpg

You want to fight cop who gives

you a ticket. A reason to stop you as well. Lots of tickets handed out in south over last few months. A real grey area if police force wants to apply law and give you ticket anyways. Bringing this letter up won’t get you any where I don’t think. On news allot lately and police force claims they were just following existing rules and busting drivers with out of date license stickers. 

Edited by Strong Farmer
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Strong Farmer said:

you a ticket. A reason to stop you as well. Lots of tickets handed out in south over last few months. A real grey area if police force wants to apply law and give you ticket anyways. Bringing this letter up won’t get you any where I don’t think. On news allot lately and police force claims they were just following existing rules and busting drivers with out of date license stickers. 

I renewed the sleds online months ago and had the stickers within a week. I don't know what the timeline would be now with the Christmas / New Year holidays though. Many people think that if they don't renew their val tags they are getting away without paying for it. Really all they are doing is delaying the payment. When you do renew you will need to pay up for the past you didn't pay for and the current year.

• Like 2

Got mine yesterday Service On. I was the only one in the office took all of 5 minutes One less detail too get hassled about on the trail .

• Like 2

Not related but was reading the crazy cost to renew in California..... glad I don’t live there ! 

..Registration Fee: $46.00. California Highway Patrol Fee: $23.00. Vehicle License Fee: 0.65% vehicle's value.

1 minute ago, Sledguy74 said:

Not related but was reading the crazy cost to renew in California..... glad I don’t live there ! 

..Registration Fee: $46.00. California Highway Patrol Fee: $23.00. Vehicle License Fee: 0.65% vehicle's value.

Depends on where you are in the US. There are some real variants in fees. I have heard of a fee for the state, the city and the county.

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

Hmmm. A grey area like depending on the officers mood does he enforce the 50k/h speed limit?

Share some links regarding the officers busting drivers with out of date stickers. I missed that on the news. Thanks

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, coldfinger said:

Got mine yesterday Service On. I was the only one in the office took all of 5 minutes One less detail too get hassled about on the trail .

Went to SO  and got my new sticker. The girl behind the counter said techincally "i didn't need to" but she also said  "could depend on the Police officers discrection if you get a ticket." So i got it and it will be one less thing to get hassled about on the trail just like Coldfinger said.

Edited by snowchopper
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, XTC500 said:

Hmmm. A grey area like depending on the officers mood does he enforce the 50k/h speed limit?

Share some links regarding the officers busting drivers with out of date stickers. I missed that on the news. Thanks

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.narcity.com/amp/expired-ontario-licence-plate-stickers-were-ticketed-by-police-but-ford-says-its-okay