Quebec Trail Permit Deadline

bbakernbay

I am still on the fence this year.    I will have to make up my mind tomorrow I guess.    

If anybody is heading on a trip with an odd # I'd be happy to join in.

• Like 1

We went ahead and bought 2, we weren't going to but its just too close. Hope they dont close the border

Heard from one of my co-workers in QC today that there is talks of shutting down the province, other than "essential" stuff, starting around Dec 18 for 2 or 3 weeks to try and get the C19 numbers down.....nothing 100% confirmed yet though, but I imagine it will be confirmed very soon.

25 minutes ago, stoney said:

Heard from one of my co-workers in QC today that there is talks of shutting down the province, other than "essential" stuff, starting around Dec 18 for 2 or 3 weeks to try and get the C19 numbers down.....nothing 100% confirmed yet though, but I imagine it will be confirmed very soon.

I bet we have the same thing happen in Ontario.    

56 minutes ago, stoney said:

Otherwise, I am hopeful for a QC trip this year, I would love to do the Rabaska Lodge again for a week!

Great place to stay, really enjoyed it there.

IMG_1034.JPG.6821cda03eef2d47a151bc894216fbac.JPG

We booked 5 days at Mekoos for late February a couple months back because saddle bagging looked like it might be a challenge. Emailed Rabaska twice and never received a reply.

Now l'm concerned if we will get to ride Quebec at all this winter. Bought my permit a few days ago. It may end up being a donation.

IMG_1029.JPG

41 minutes ago, Fuse6 said:

IMG_1034.JPG.6821cda03eef2d47a151bc894216fbac.JPG

We booked 5 days at Mekoos for late February a couple months back because saddle bagging looked like it might be a challenge. Emailed Rabaska twice and never received a reply.

Now l'm concerned if we will get to ride Quebec at all this winter. Bought my permit a few days ago. It may end up being a donation.

IMG_1029.JPG

We called a few places last year, Mekoos was one of them, but full for our dates, called Rabaska and booked two cabins for our group of 6. 
Ended up doing a trip to Mekoos for lunch one day and I’d say Rabaska is better..... off the beaten track, smaller crowds, great chef and service, definitely recommend them. 

• Like 1

Rabaska is a great spot.    The food is really good there as well.   

I wouldnt go there right now based on the COVID restrictions.   No dine in eating or anything in that area right now.    It is locked down hard with no end in sight.  The only convenient place to ride in Quebec right now will be in the Rouyn/Amos area.  

C59E5D2D-2451-4361-8923-ED862068C38C_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like 2

Well.   I am kind of bummed out.   I did NOT buy a Quebec permit this year.    Too much uncertainty in Quebec this winter and I could tell my dad wasnt keen on dropping $340 on a permit.  I will still probably end up buying a weekend pass at some point but my "big" trip this year will be in Ontario.   My dad wants to do the Northern Loop in Ontario this year.   It will be a great ride but I will miss the little relais along the trail in Quebec this winter.

Sticking to Ontario for seasonal passes. Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

Anyone have luck getting their 40 bucks back on the QC without the $20 admin fee?   Paid 340 this week and then submitted the insurance refund an hour later ( 10 day window max )  We shall see what cheque I  get in the mail.. for $20 or $40?  

I was fortunate enough to buy  a camp in QC this summer @ the south end of the 386,  so a pass was a no brainer for me to support the local club once again, even though the north end of the 386 is all closed due to logging this season. 

Stayed at that same cabin @ Rabaska in the past... was much more water when there in mid/end of Jan.. probably 2019 

For the 1st year back into sledding I have passed on the  QC permit this year.

Sad, but I have little faith in politicians, let alone local BS. Last Spring, our borders were selectively closed,  by local cops, even friends with property there were denied access. 

In one direction. Note there was zero restrictions on the 1000s of construction workers headed here, and others who work in Ontario, and live much cheaper in QC.

It will be my go-to if Ontario trails shut down. Miles and miles of logging roads and others to be enjoyed. Much closer than Ontario Crown Land.

1 hour ago, largedaryl said:

Anyone have luck getting their 40 bucks back on the QC without the $20 admin fee?   Paid 340 this week and then submitted the insurance refund an hour later ( 10 day window max )  We shall see what cheque I  get in the mail.. for $20 or $40?  

Yes, got $40 and change back from both passes bought October and November - lowers the price to $300.00 which is about a wash to two 7 day passes (or 1 three days and 7 day however you want to figure it out) I used the link to the online insurance refund form immediately after purchasing the passes on line - cheque arrived practically the same day as the sled pass in the mail.  I keep reading about that admin fee(?) but have not idea what it is - I just use the online refund thing (below) and other than being confused as to what transaction number to use on the printable copy, I have had no trouble in 3 years.

88347791_quebecinsurancerefund01.jpg.b045a6617e8aa329cd4b1fd1c0fecffc.jpg

129441378_quebecinsurancerefund02.jpg.5825655d85e4948cbe5c32791dedc7b3.jpg

Congrats on the new camp...was looking around LaTuque myself.....nothing yet.

• Thanks 1

As usually everyone has insurance from their home province, just go here after trail pass purchase and confirmation:

link.jpg.2cf34822613e6baba8688f1bc0ccc03a.jpg

As you are paying with credit card, you get money back in cheque form, and collect travel points, cash back points, etc.

Edited by slomo