Drive in/out trailer

Puggz

7 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

I agree. Lots of 'new' people into the sport this season.  And yes, my interest will waiver depending how the season unfolds.  

I've been saying this for awhile as much as I love it.  Time will tell.  

If south central don’t get snow this winter, then I can see Lots throwing towel in. Already starting to see changes in south that I don’t like. Seems snow line has moved north use to be south of 401. Now line seems to be highway 86 area and north. Hasn’t been much riding below this line in, last four or five winters. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, stoney said:

I know people say this and emotional that’s how they feel now or during the season, but after the summer break from the sport, there interests are recharged and last year is a distant memory, or at least the negatives ones are!

And I’m starting to feel the need for a new ride, so next year that just might happen :right_on:

"LIKE"

2 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

If south central don’t get snow this winter, then I can see Lots throwing towel in. Already starting to see changes in south that I don’t like. Seems snow line has moved north use to be south of 401. Now line seems to be highway 86 area and north. Hasn’t been much riding below this line in, last four or five winters. 

Have to agree....

3 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Already starting to see changes in south that I don’t like. Seems snow line has moved north use to be south of 401. Now line seems to be highway 86 area and north. Hasn’t been much riding below this line in, last four or five winters.

So what is causing this ?  Some still like to deny it is happening but we have Ohio weather here now.  It sure as hell was not like this in the 60's.  You know there are trails around Strathroy that must have been made in the late 60's - early 70's.  When was the last time anyone rode those trails ?  It has to be COLD to keep snow and I have not seen a lot of that lately.

12 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

How come you guys say this?. 

The huge demand for toys this year, sleds, trailers, boats, ATV's and RV's is people spending the money on recreational toys that they would have normally spent on travel vacations. Then you have the snowbirds staying home this winter who are buying the sleds to keep occupied. There's now a vaccine about to be approved and distributed. The snowbirds will be going south next winter and no longer have an interest in the sleds and sled trailers they bought for this year.

17 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Scott Reinhart trailer sales in Shelburne told me Triton was a month or so behind. Like so many others of course due to the covid equation..

Special orders aside, they told me that 3/4 of their triton inventory order was cancelled. The alxe factory closed down due to covid.

On 12/6/2020 at 9:31 PM, Turbo Doo said:

V Nose drive in/drive out, are supposed to be loaded from front,  and unloaded out the back. Although we regularly load from the back. My 2020 Triton PR 147, can be loaded unhooked without any issues. The double axle trailers, as mentioned are designed to distribute the weight over the axles. Our PR147 actually tows, and has better weight distribution then our older TC167. Our 2017 Triton XT 147, i have had a 2019 MXZ X 850, a 2018 MXZ Blizzard 850, and a 2018 MXZ blizzard 900 ace inside the trailer.  2 sleds with tracks on ramps, and 1 sled sitting entirely on trailer floor. 

What is the length of your PR?

7 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

14x7 box, 5 foot v nose..PR147...

I may end up ordering next summer to get exactly what I want. Where is the best place to get a Triton? 

Just now, Puggz said:

I may end up ordering next summer to get exactly what I want. Where is the best place to get a Triton? 

Exactly what i did. You get to choose what you want and don't want. We have purchased several Tritons from Scott Reinhart trailer sales in shelburne with great service and support..

40 minutes ago, Puggz said:

Special orders aside, they told me that 3/4 of their triton inventory order was cancelled. The alxe factory closed down due to covid.

I ordered a replacement axle for my triton trailer (02  3 sled open).  Old axle had surge brakes, and would be almost double to fix as opposed to install new axle with electric brakes.

Axle was special order, came in about 4 weeks.

When picking up, dealer said Alumite had dozens of trailers built in the yard waiting for tires to come so they could finish them and deliver.

3 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

So what is causing this ?  Some still like to deny it is happening but we have Ohio weather here now.  It sure as hell was not like this in the 60's.  You know there are trails around Strathroy that must have been made in the late 60's - early 70's.  When was the last time anyone rode those trails ?  It has to be COLD to keep snow and I have not seen a lot of that lately.

Not sure and I don’t think anyone knows exact answer either. We are currently part of a global warming trend that is changing weather patterns here in ontario and Canada. Niagara use to get lots of snow too and now not even cold enough to make ice wine yet. So not sure what is going on to be honest. 

7 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

If south central don’t get snow this winter, then I can see Lots throwing towel in.

Pretty sure you posted almost identical statement last year.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, stoney said:

I know people say this and emotional that’s how they feel now or during the season, but after the summer break from the sport, there interests are recharged and last year is a distant memory, or at least the negatives ones are!

And I’m starting to feel the need for a new ride, so next year that just might happen :right_on:

That’s my plan as well. Been riding my cat new since 12. Ready for something different. 850 it will likely be. Not sure which one to choose 

• Like 2

On 12/8/2020 at 10:10 AM, Big Pussy said:

... we have Ohio weather here now...

I've been saying that since hurricane Katrina( 2005) . First time I've heard anyone else say " Ontario has Ohio weather". Thanks, BP.

Why? Because wind's come up from the south.  We're getting Ohio Valley weather.

It is what it is. Definitely warmer. No more 9 ' plowed snowbanks just north of Barrie. 

On 12/8/2020 at 12:26 PM, Turbo Doo said:

We have purchased several Tritons from Scott Reinhart trailer sales in shelburne with great service and support..

That's where we brought ours. Knowledgeable,  fair prices. 

8 hours ago, Canuck said:

That's where we brought ours. Knowledgeable,  fair prices. 

Bought my first enclosed car trailer from them, back when they were in the north end of Brampton, good experience.

When I bought my sled trailer, Edge in Bradford had a really good price on the Triton's compared to Reinhart and bought from them instead.

On 12/7/2020 at 3:33 PM, Turbo Doo said:

Some new '21 Tritons did make it to Canada. My PR 147 is marine grade plywood.  When i ordered the trailer, i upgraded to the coated flooring.  The floor in my trailer is coated inside and out, essentially the plywood is coated before going into the trailer.  So there is no exposed wood whatsoever, and its pretty stud and carbide resistant.  

Is the coated floor smooth or textured to prevent slipping ? 

On 12/8/2020 at 12:20 PM, Puggz said:

Check out Vehicle Ventures in Bradford.  Nadia was great to deal with.