New Restaurant in Cochrane

Turbo Doo

Seen there is a new restaurant that took over from the Ice Hut in Cochrane. Just wanted to share for the guys that frequent the area... Looks like it will have dine inn and takeout options. Looks to be opening Dec 7. We will for sure be trying them out when we are hopefully up there..

Screenshot_20201206-095934_Maps.jpg

Screenshot_20201206-095822_Maps.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Boy - that was a lesson!

I thought - Shirley that is further N than 49, but - nope, aboot dead smack on! 

On 12/6/2020 at 10:13 AM, Turbo Doo said:

Seen there is a new restaurant that took over from the Ice Hut in Cochrane. Just wanted to share for the guys that frequent the area... Looks like it will have dine inn and takeout options. Looks to be opening Dec 7. We will for sure be trying them out when we are hopefully up there..

Screenshot_20201206-095934_Maps.jpg

Screenshot_20201206-095822_Maps.jpg

Thanks, TD...but what happened to the Ice Hut?

9 minutes ago, irREVerent said:

Thanks, TD...but what happened to the Ice Hut?

Jamie the guy who owned the Ice Hut, was burnt out from restauranteur duties.  He was ex law enforcement,  that got into the restaurant business.  He sold,  and last i heard when we chatted with him in march,  he was wanting to get into the private eye side of things. Mrs.  Turbo Doo is following the new restaurant on Instagram,  and it looks decent so far. 

Edited by Turbo Doo
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Jamie the guy who owned the Ice Hut, was burnt out from restauranteur duties.  He was ex law enforcement,  that got into the restaurant business.  He sold,  and last i heard when we chatted with him in march,  he was wanting to get into the private eye side of things. Mrs.  Turbo Doo is following the new restaurant on Instagram,  and it looks decent so far. 

Thanks, TD... good to know.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2020 at 9:42 PM, Turbo Doo said:

Good news as far as I'm concerned. I never cared for that guy.

The night I was 'solo' in Cochrane last winter, I checked out the Ice Hut, but there didn't seem to be any vehicles there (I think it was Thursday). Ended up eating @ JRs.

Interrupted three guys @ the next table that were whining about the lack of up to date grooming info. "Are you guys on Facebook?" "Nope I don't believe in social media!" said the 'ring leader/resident know it all'. "Well you might want to look into it as most of the clubs have Facebook pages. Plus there are a few rider pages..." 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...