What's Your Plan

ToSlow

I live on Belmont Lake, icy , cottage roads. Buddy going to work this morning was blocked by 2 stuck bmw’s and an Audi ,all suv’s. Seventeen people headed to a newly sold property that is now an Air BnB .  

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, pt3189 said:

I live on Belmont Lake, icy , cottage roads. Buddy going to work this morning was blocked by 2 stuck bmw’s and an Audi ,all suv’s. Seventeen people headed to a newly sold property that is now an Air BnB .  

I hope your buddy reported them.

• Thanks 1

Kawartha  Lakes and Haliburton seem to be yellow regions last I looked. No one up here need GTA folks sending up B&B party people.  I will sled when available but won’t go near anybody. If we respect distancing we should be fine. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

Kawartha  Lakes and Haliburton seem to be yellow regions last I looked. No one up here need GTA folks sending up B&B party people.  I will sled when available but won’t go near anybody. If we respect distancing we should be fine. 

That's what we think too. All year been keeping distance plus the other protocols.   I have been asking for some time now where are all these positive cases coming from.  Here I guess could be an example. 

4 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Went down a cottage road on L.Muskoka today-almost every cottage was occupied!

23 hours ago, Muskoka1 said:

Went down a cottage road on L.Muskoka today-almost every cottage was occupied!

Talking to family and friends in the Innisfil, Midland and Orillia areas - they're shocked to be lumped in with the Toronto morass. 

I'll bet the northern lakes are lit up like Canada Day long weekend. 

I will be the first to admit, that if we didnt have a water access only cottage I would be hunkering down there for the next 2 weeks as well. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I will be the first to admit, that if we didnt have a water access only cottage I would be hunkering down there for the next 2 weeks as well. 

There was a very popular company I think around parry sound making hover crafts...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stoney said:

There was a very popular company I think around parry sound making hover crafts...

Here you go:

https://airriderhovercraft.business.site/?utm_source=gmb&utm_medium=referral

Make a deal with the local fire and rescue folks....they get to use it when you don't need it and you're off to the camp all weather.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

You know what they say, if you have to ask, you can't afford it..:poke2:

LOL. this can be a true statement.....but could also be used for those that have no sense of reality, money is cheap these days, to borrow...

1 hour ago, stoney said:

There ya go, perfect for getting to the cottage 365 days a year.

Anyone know what sort of price range they go for ?$?$?$

or an air boat... quite popular in the Honey Harbour area for accessing island cottages

On 12/22/2020 at 6:07 PM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

thats not what we do as human beings

11 hours ago, Canuck said:

Talking to family and friends in the Innisfil, Midland and Orillia areas - they're shocked to be lumped in with the Toronto morass. 

I'll bet the northern lakes are lit up like Canada Day long weekend. 

we govern the province like Toronto is the only place that matters. When in actuality most want out of that particular town

51 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

or an air boat... quite popular in the Honey Harbour area for accessing island cottages

Airboats are better-hovercraft skirts freeze up in slushy conditions loosing lift!

• Like 1

just saw this on FB, linked from a business owner in northern ontario. Ski

page1.jpg

Edited by skidooboy

page 2

page2.jpg

page 3

page3.jpg

page 4, last page

page4.jpg

Liars figure and figures lie. I read "statistics" this week that for Canada, there have been 10 times as many Covid related deaths this year (corrected for population) as there are normally from seasonal flu. Worse in US, Italy, France and others. I see the problem in the numbers that the overall mortality rate has not jumped correspondingly. Yes, Northern Ontario has been doing much better than the GTHA, but wouldn't it be nice to keep it that way. The fact that the northern lockdown is only a Christmas/New Years pause in the north is  recognition of the regional disparity.

• Like 3

As many small businesses are hurting badly during this time, people just won't keep still or stop with gatherings sadly.  I somewhat understand why the full lockdown. My wife's parents in Burlington are pretty well out running errands every day it seems.   We just shake our head.

I live in a remote community in the green zone and our numbers have been good since the start, BUT the amount of cottagers from red and lockdown zones have been outrageous.  They just are not coming up and staying to their own they are living life as usual up here. (Don't want to say everyone, because it's not), going to the restaurants, doing all their shopping, etc.  Great for the local bussiness yes, but quite dangerous for the local population.  Nothing wrong with curbside pickup, but some want to walk around instore and touch everything.

I'm not saying don't travel for sledding, but what I am suggesting is to limit your interactions.  Maybe take out when you stop for lunch, etc....   I know winter will be a bit of a challenge this year for many but please try to think of others in your sledding travels.  I have heard some feedback from some of the local waitresses and they say that a good number of guests have been quite rude and snappy this year.  Try to be nice, its been pretty hard for everyone, especially for the people who feed us.

Merry Christmas everyone!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Relais In Dubrevile called Friday to cancel our 2 rooms for Feb 17. Due to lock down was the reason given. However, conditions there suck so far and they said the 108 may not open this season due to logging and it’s also the Health Unit boundary. Was half expecting we’d have to cancel anyway.  Was able to book an extra 2 nights at Companion in Hearst though. Not all bad news.........yet.