What's Your Plan

ToSlow

26 minutes ago, cookster said:

ya 800 km from door to door         30 years here, and i think i  have had place in hunta for 17? years  was always the plan to live on the lake for a few more after  we retired.   hunt fish sled/atv and relax.   well relax i doubt    #1 plan is  garage, and then lots of decking and screened porch   etc etc etc.   

Sounds like a great retirement plan!

1 hour ago, cookster said:

ya 800 km from door to door         30 years here, and i think i  have had place in hunta for 17? years  was always the plan to live on the lake for a few more after  we retired.   hunt fish sled/atv and relax.   well relax i doubt    #1 plan is  garage, and then lots of decking and screened porch   etc etc etc.   

Congrats you won't regret it. Did the same a year and half ago. Spent 35 yrs at the steel plant in Hamilton then had the opportunity to retire early{55} at Sand Lake Kearney.Bought my place to retire at when i was 32. Enjoy your retirement Cookster!

Edited by snowchopper
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cookster said:

well got my plan done ... put my house in paisley up for sale sold in under 24hrs for over asking.    finalized and sealed yesterday so my new house is now not to far from hunta  "close to cochrane"

was going to do this this summer but house market to good      me and wife are now retired and enjoying life :)

Congrats Sir. So your gonna be literally around the corner now, all the time?. :D.. Looking forward to hopefully popping in, this coming season.  You guys enjoy..

15 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Maybe no washrooms available during drive up either. That’s another issue. I hurt my foot, so doubt it if I will be doing any trips this year. 

I'm a man. The world is my toilet.

As for the wife, if you ever ride in my truck, do not touch the red solo cup in the bottom pocket of the door. Its not for drinking out of.........:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

As for the wife, if you ever ride in my truck, do not touch the red solo cup in the bottom pocket of the door. Its not for drinking out of.........:rolleyes:

Can she put up a youtube video? Sounds like a skill a few of our spouses should adapt given the times. My plan to create a detachable toilet seat to the truck running board used with front and rear doors open to provide a screen did not meet with much enthusiasm. 

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, slomo said:

Can she put up a youtube video? Sounds like a skill a few of our spouses should adapt given the times. My plan to create a detachable toilet seat to the truck running board used with front and rear doors open to provide a screen did not meet with much enthusiasm. 

Maybe could try this? I mean I’m certain they would come in handy for “those times”

ECBBDAE8-944E-409A-AFA0-5A6286A37261.png

• Like 1

20 hours ago, slomo said:

Those injuries are painful and hard to heal. Be a bastard for you if you got repetitive stress syndrome on your hands and wrists from too much keyboarding on the internet.....better be careful! :wavey:;)

Oh Jimbo not nice to make fun of someone with a disability. Never been in so much pain in my life. I would never wish this on anyone or any other injury for that matter, no matter how it comes about. If you don’t have your health you don’t have much in life. Karma always goes around in circles I find. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, T bird said:

Maybe could try this? I mean I’m certain they would come in handy for “those times”

One of the employees on the local Parks and rec dept, who is also a member of the same volunteer FD as me knows I'm involved with the club.

After a particular busy weekend where the local community centre parking lot was full of trucks and trailers, I was asked to remind people to take these things home with them when they leave the parking lot, and not dump them on the ground beside the trailer.

Apparently there was a few disposable ones left in the parking lot.

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Oh Jimbo not nice to make fun of someone with a disability. Never been in so much pain in my life. I would never wish this on anyone or any other injury for that matter, no matter how it comes about. If you don’t have your health you don’t have much in life. Karma always goes around in circles I find. 

My intent was not to hurt your feelings.....just be careful you don't inflict more pain on yourself. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, T bird said:

I could see where they would also be useful as a funnel for topping up fluids....the oil input on 600ace and 900ace skidoos in particular. WOW - just noticed they are on sale too!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, T bird said:

When used with a hose down the pant leg, I believe they are called a "Sneaky Leaker".

"She pee" :poke2:

:D Ski

8 hours ago, T bird said:

I recall seeing this on an episode of Dragons Den

Can never be to prepared. lol. 

this-portable-toilet-attaches-right-to-your-car-tire-for-pooping-on-the-go-4000.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

BRP needs to offer a LINQ mount for that thing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

19 minutes ago, Willy said:

Can never be to prepared. lol. 

this-portable-toilet-attaches-right-to-your-car-tire-for-pooping-on-the-go-4000.jpg

I'm not sure it should be mounted on the traffic side of the car.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

In all seriousness, if you're involved with a local club, consider ' bathroom facilities '. It was an issue raised at club meetings over the years - there were studies, emails - put more facilities on the trails for female sledders. 

9 minutes ago, Canuck said:

In all seriousness, if you're involved with a local club, consider ' bathroom facilities '. It was an issue raised at club meetings over the years - there were studies, emails - put more facilities on the trails for female sledders. 

Yes, you are so right. Mrs. Turbo Doo frequently reminds me of this..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Yes, you are so right. Mrs. Turbo Doo frequently reminds me of this..

I remember some of the stats showed that the segment of snowmobiling that was actually growing and faster than any other was new women riders. I've walked off into the trees to do business but I know my wife wouldn't.

5 hours ago, 02Sled said:

I remember some of the stats showed that the segment of snowmobiling that was actually growing and faster than any other was new women riders. I've walked off into the trees to do business but I know my wife wouldn't.

We need youth, not more women! :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spiderman said:

We need youth, not more women! :)

Glad I didn't say that! Generally, but not always, I found sledding and dirt bike riding, that younger women will exercise their right to relief tastefully, but surprising close to the trail.