Ski-Doo Relays 303-1AH-C-R1-U01-12VDC FREE!

Muskoka Bill

I have 2 spare Relays that fit my 2016 Blizzard 900ACE, probably fit any ski-doo around that range of year. I ordered a pack of 5 from AMAZON.com and only need 3 as set of spares, free to anyone on OC

, pickup in Bracebridge preferred. Message me if you are interested

IMG_20201203_130304.jpg

IMG_20201203_134045.jpg

Edited by Muskoka Bill
  • Like 3

Where were you last year?? ^_^ Nice offer!:wavey:

Noticed you are paying shipping, although this is .com not .ca

I am finding the monthly fee for Amazon plus a very good bargain (or whatever they call it)  as I have saved lots on shipping charges and provides access to Amazon prime video. For cable or internet challenged folks in the woods, Amazon prime is the only (I think) that allows download of movies, tv shows, documentaries that they offer in addition to streaming. You can set the data rate so that a whole series of shows i.e. "The Boys" can be downloaded for less than a gigabyte of data. Some of Amazon original movies are quite good as well. You can also rent movies, sometimes on sale for $2.99 or so, which are downloadable for playback later up to 30 days. 

Currently I am using an Android tablet here at the camp on which I download on cell phone data connection and ms. slomo in the south has another on which she can stream video as high speed internet is available. The tablet has an hdmi outlet to plug into a regular sized tv.

• Muskoka Bill changed the title to Ski-Doo Relays 303-1AH-C-R1-U01-12VDC FREE!

I guess you had frozen relays last year, I bought them after reading a post from Blake as a precaution. They were cheaper on .com  then from .ca and they did not have to ship from China. I am one of those internet challenged folk so I will check out Prime video

• Like 1

BTW, the -C- relays are only "flux" sealed.   The -S- relays are sonic welded.  I changed all of them in my and my boy's Cats.  No sticking so far.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Muskoka Bill said:

I guess you had frozen relays last year, I bought them after reading a post from Blake as a precaution. They were cheaper on .com  then from .ca and they did not have to ship from China. I am one of those internet challenged folk so I will check out Prime video

Amazon prime is worth it, if you use it on a regular basis. Lots of items are next day shipping for prime members. Movies are a bonus but we have it for faster shipping to us. If you are just ordering occasionally and don’t have un limited high speed internet regular Amazon Is fine 

Edited by Strong Farmer

Back to the subject relays. If you don't mind holding on to them until I make a winter trip to the family cottage, or my first sledding trip up 11, I will gladly take them off your hands. You can message me thru OC to get my contact info for further follow up. The relay issue can be handled either way - carry spares, or get the better ones and be done with it. In 4 seasons and 20K km, I only had one freeze up on my '17 Blizzard. Took the relay out, warmed and dried it, and carried on. Spares though, is a better strategy.

I had a local sledding friend visit Bracebridge Friday, so pick up is doable in a variety of ways. Rick

So you had a G4 freeze up on you?

10 hours ago, tricky said:

Back to the subject relays. If you don't mind holding on to them until I make a winter trip to the family cottage, or my first sledding trip up 11, I will gladly take them off your hands. You can message me thru OC to get my contact info for further follow up. The relay issue can be handled either way - carry spares, or get the better ones and be done with it. In 4 seasons and 20K km, I only had one freeze up on my '17 Blizzard. Took the relay out, warmed and dried it, and carried on. Spares though, is a better strategy.

I had a local sledding friend visit Bracebridge Friday, so pick up is doable in a variety of ways. Rick

Sure I can hold on to them until you can pick them up. I will message you with location details

2 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

We have not experienced any freezing on the G4's as of yet. Been in plus 5 to minus 40 conditions and anywhere in between. High moisture, low moisture etc..

I took mine all out and put di electric grease all over ends. Never had any issues with relays or moisture, knock on wood. 

It's not a contact issue with the relays. Something inside the relay is freezing. I have seen hot water poured over the relays and the sled started right up. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

It's not a contact issue with the relays. Something inside the relay is freezing. I have seen hot water poured over the relays and the sled started right up. 

The moisture getting inside freezes the moving armature that tilts the contacts.

Buy new relays from Mouser but get the -S- instead of more crappy -C- relays.  This should fix the problem.  Polaris has these sealed relays for their sleds for a very high price.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

The moisture getting inside freezes the moving armature that tilts the contacts.

Buy new relays from Mouser but get the -S- instead of more crappy -C- relays.  This should fix the problem.  Polaris has these sealed relays for their sleds for a very high price.

While following this up, found the spec sheet that details 'S' from 'C':

songchuan relay_303-1203846.pdf

The 'S' version seems to be harder to source.

I've got spares already...no problems so far, but you never know given the crazy weather conditions.

On 12/5/2020 at 9:40 AM, Ox said:

So you had a G4 freeze up on you?

My once only frozen relay was on a 2017 XS.  I am avoiding the G4, just like I did with the XP, waiting for something better.

So - your '17 is NOT  G4?

would these relays be a good replacement for the the relays either in a 2020 enduro 900 ace ? or a 2021 renegade 900 turbo ? .. im thinking of ordering some off amazon as back ups

cheers

9 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

What don't you like about the G4?. 

I don't like the smaller fuel tank for starters. Fortunately I ride primarily with friends with 900 ACE XS sleds. We use the 300 km range and I don't want to loose that. I prefer the cold weather wind protection of the XS. I am not looking for better handling because I'm touring, not racing and I love the handling of my XS chassis. Is the G4 much superior is some aspects?

Ox, as TD answered, my 17 is an XS. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tricky said:

I don't like the smaller fuel tank for starters. Fortunately I ride primarily with friends with 900 ACE XS sleds. We use the 300 km range and I don't want to loose that. I prefer the cold weather wind protection of the XS. I am not looking for better handling because I'm touring, not racing and I love the handling of my XS chassis. Is the G4 much superior is some aspects?

Ox, as TD answered, my 17 is an XS. 

I agree with your statement about the smaller fuel tank. But i eventually got over it. I have never had to second guess mileage on either a 850, or my 900Ts. Mrs. Turbo Doo also does not like the fact that in order to get a 4 stroke, you need to go to a Renny. But i am thinking her 2018 MXZ Blizzard 900 will be for sale next year, she is leaning towards a 900T. I also really enjoy riding her sled, which is like yours. With the new Ras X and R motion X, on this year's '21 Renny XRS 900T i have,  i am willing to bet it will be a definite awesome sled. If you get a chance,  ride one. Wind protection with the proper windshield is good, albeit not as warm as a XS chassis. A proper set up G4, ultimately is better then the XS in handling characteristics. Body movement and positioning,  at least on my 850s, changed alot of characteristics of the sled. But as you stated,  your comfortable,  so enjoy the sled. 

• Like 1

Thanks TD for the G4 info. I have only had a brief ride on a friend's 850 very early on. He admitted that he had not yet found the sweet spot for handling set up. That was a '17 and he has bought two more since then. I didn't take a ride on his '19 mostly because I am not a big power guy. I have very poor blood circulation to my hands and feet, so really enjoy the head-to-toe cocoon of still air once I put the taller windshield on my XS. The 2018 TNT that I just bought only has 2K km on it, so I won't buy again for 2 or 3 years.

57 minutes ago, tricky said:

Thanks TD for the G4 info. I have only had a brief ride on a friend's 850 very early on. He admitted that he had not yet found the sweet spot for handling set up. That was a '17 and he has bought two more since then. I didn't take a ride on his '19 mostly because I am not a big power guy. I have very poor blood circulation to my hands and feet, so really enjoy the head-to-toe cocoon of still air once I put the taller windshield on my XS. The 2018 TNT that I just bought only has 2K km on it, so I won't buy again for 2 or 3 years.

No problem.  :right_on: