MOONBEAM CLUBHOUSE

PISTON LAKE CRUISER

I think we conversed about Moonbeam clubhouse not planning to be open this year but can't find or remeber the thread now. Does anyone know the status or have any info. on whether it is to be open??

I started the old thread a while back, from what i have seen, and was told, it was not doing any club stuff there till the end of December. They have other things happening at the clubhouse besides sledding stuff. I recommend checking in on Kap Snow Rovers Facebook Page for any updates..

Edited by Turbo Doo

I bet its closed for the season.    I read somewhere that New Brunswick is closing all club houses and relais for the season.   

https://www.nbfsc.com/images/whatsnew/docs/Shelter-msg-EN.pdf

Edited by scottyr

57 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

Actually now that you say that our report from D5 was to close all warm up shacks too 

While i totally agree on doing our part, i am thinking closing some of the ones in the North, and the Northern parts of Quebec,  especially when its a bit chilly out, may end up not being good, if by chance something happens and someone needs them. But i guess we shall see..

• Like 3

New Brunswick has carefully worded their press release to say that the shelters will be posted as "CLOSED" but kept unlocked in the event of emergency.   This way people will end up using them but the snowmobile federation has released themselves from liability.    

I think locking the warm up shelters in Northern Ontario could lead to bigger issues if someone ends up freezing to death because they were stranded and couldnt get into a shelter.   

Edited by scottyr
  • Like 4

Maybe post a occupancy limit & HOPE people abide by it.

Is that asking too much?

34 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Or lets all just use some good common sense.  

Common Sense-what's that Jeff???

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

Can't say I disagree at all. This was from the d5 meeting so I should say I don't know if it is an Ofsc policy 

While this is second hand info, for d9, i believe, officially closed, but not locked.  We still plan on having wood in the shed, and having sanitizer etc... available 

Closed but unlocked is probably the safest thing for the OFSC to do this season.   If someone says they got the Rona from a club house, you can tell them that they were trespassing and shouldnt have been in there in the first place.   Locking them will lead to vandalism and increased liability for reasons mentioned above.   

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

I know, it was a stretch..:D:right_on:... Some of us have it though...

The lack of seems to go hand in hand with the blameless society we live in.

• Like 1

Closed due to covid is what is on our clubhouse and shitter.

ASFAIK club houses "can" be opened but....there is a protocol.  Must be manned by a club member. High touch surfaces must be sanitized every 30 mins. Masks mandatory. Contact tracing info must be recorded and kept for 30 days. No more people than can be 2 meter distanced.

So I suppose it's possible to enter a clubhouse, if the club can do the above.

Sledding will suck if it's really cold,  warm clubhouses, shitters and restaurants aren't open. 

Tip the crap out of any club that takes the extraordinary steps to be open.

Closed and locked are two different things, signage can be posted on amenities and warmup shacks stating they are closed due to Covid-19 protocols to cover the clubs but especially in remote areas could be left unlocked for use in the case of an emergency

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Stopped at the Moonbeam clubhouse today. Sign @ entrance say they are closed for the season.

• Sad 2

14 hours ago, revrnd said:

Stopped at the Moonbeam clubhouse today. Sign @ entrance say they are closed for the season.

That is too bad but completely understandable considering the average age of the volunteers in there.  It is such a well run clubhouse I will miss stopping in there and I will sure miss the date squares right @Techdenis007

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mrs Turbo Doo said:

That is too bad but completely understandable considering the average age of the volunteers in there.  It is such a well run clubhouse I will miss stopping in there and I will sure miss the date squares right @Techdenis007

Not to think of the crowds there @ times.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...