New sled for my dad

scottyr

Over the years, my I have to admit, my dad has been pretty good to me.   To the point, it could be considered spoiling your kid.   I always drove a brand new truck growing up and when we were in business together, our business always paid for my sleds, seadoos, dirt bikes etc.... He never really questioned much.   My dad and I have put 1000s of miles sledding around northern Ontario since the mid 90s and our last trip together was probably 15 years ago.   He has had lots of sleds but the last sled that he has ridden for a full season was back in 2011.    Normally he goes south for the winter but the 'Rona is keeping him in Ontario this winter.   I thought that a nice way of repaying him for everything he has done over the years is to take him sledding this winter.    I picked up this lightly used 2020 Indy 850 for him and we are planning some good rides this winter.    Its permitted, insured and ready to rip.   He always looked after me when I was growing up and I am pretty fortunate to be in the position where I can return the favour now.   I am looking forward to this winter probably more than the last 10 years.   

62E94D6F-A7F2-400E-AC1D-7E38AB43D8C6.jpeg

Edited by scottyr
  • Like 20

Very nice gesture. I wish my dad was around so I could do the same for him. Hopefully I’m around long enough my children will do the same! Nice sled btw! 
enjoy the season! I’m eagerly waiting!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

Over the years, my I have to admit, my dad has been pretty good to me.   To the point, it could be considered spoiling your kid.   I always drove a brand new truck growing up and when we were in business together, our business always paid for my sleds, seadoos, dirt bikes etc.... He never really questioned much.   My dad and I have put 1000s of miles sledding around northern Ontario since the mid 90s and our last trip together was probably 15 years ago.   He has had lots of sleds but the last sled that he has ridden for a full season was back in 2011.    Normally he goes south for the winter but the 'Rona is keeping him in Ontario this winter.   I thought that a nice way of repaying him for everything he has done over the years is to take him sledding this winter.    I picked up this lightly used 2020 Indy 850 for him and we are planning some good rides this winter.    Its permitted, insured and ready to rip.   He always looked after me when I was growing up and I am pretty fortunate to be in the position where I can return the favour now.   I am looking forward to this winter probably more than the last 10 years.   

Congrats. Hope you guys get miles of smiles this season. 

My dad is only 68 but he is going on 55.   He isnt afraid to twist the throttle.  He is pretty excited for this season.    

• Like 1

What a nice a gesture!! What a ride !!  Like the License numbers 

2 hours ago, scottyr said:

Wowsie. How did you manage to put all toys thru buisness. My account aka my mother wouldn’t sleep at night if I cheated by one 1 cent. 

• Haha 1

nice! good for you and your father! Ski

11 minutes ago, ToSlow said:

might want to retract that statement about the business buying toys. 

CRA is watching...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

Wowsie. How did you manage to put all toys thru buisness. My account aka my mother wouldn’t sleep at night if I cheated by one 1 cent. 

Owned a car dealership and a motorcycle shop.   They were all "demos".   :).     Its ok.   We had several tax audits and never had an issue.   

Edited by scottyr
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Can you say, yet another highjacked thread..:icon_munching:..

How do you figure it's a high jacked thread? only giving friendly advice. anyway nice looking sled hope we get lots of snow in the south

Edited by ToSlow

5 hours ago, scottyr said:

Right on,  good for you.   I lost my Dad last April..... not easy cherish every moment whit him.    If you guys are in my area this winter look me up  (Dubreuilville)   

• Thanks 1

Congrats!! Nice sled, great gesture on your part. It’s all about making memories or in your case new memories again.