New Drag for Dub..

Turbo Doo

30 minutes ago, The Groomer Guy said:

Yes sir, going to be fun grooming this winter.  Thank you to Port Perry for the Drag donation about 4 or 5 years ago.  It served us well, it was an 8 footer but with our bigger groomer we needed a 9 foot.  

Looking forward to getting back to the area this season. 

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 8:56 PM, The Groomer Guy said:

Yes sir, going to be fun grooming this winter.  Thank you to Port Perry for the Drag donation about 4 or 5 years ago.  It served us well, it was an 8 footer but with our bigger groomer we needed a 9 foot.  

When we can come back in 2022, this should be a good upgrade for those long open road stretches of trail.  Looking forward to seeing you all in Dub after this missing season is well past.  Hoping like with SxS's, dirt bikes, and 4 wheeler bikes this 2021 sledding season can be a good one in Ontario so that the food and gas stops/lodges are all still there in 2022.  I am wondering what will happen in Michigan this 2021 sled season and if it will be positive for the sport.  With no indoor dining/bars, not sure what riding can be done.  Hoping Michigan will open back up this season so that some riding can be done on this side of the closed border.  Stay safe Ontario.

• Like 4

this will be a great upgrade for dub, the last few years, after retiring the new holland's and the big drag... the drag they had the last few years, was too light for the purpose, geography/terrain.

then by adding the brush bar, it helped to trim the edges but, it unbalanced the drag, making the outside edge of the drag too light. this created a lot of issues for the operators, and the final product wasnt as nice as years gone by... and the groomed trail did not last as long as the heavier balanced drag, groomed trails, we had in the past. 

my hat is off to the ofsc, district 13, and all the volunteers for making this happen. here's hoping we can see it's use soon. Ski 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skidooboy said:

this will be a great upgrade for dub, the last few years, after retiring the new holland's and the big drag... the drag they had the last few years, was too light for the purpose, geography/terrain.

then by adding the brush bar, it helped to trim the edges but, it unbalanced the drag, making the outside edge of the drag too light. this created a lot of issues for the operators, and the final product wasnt as nice as years gone by... and the groomed trail did not last as long as the heavier balanced drag, groomed trails, we had in the past. 

my hat is off to the ofsc, district 13, and all the volunteers for making this happen. here's hoping we can see it's use soon. Ski 

I so wish to be able to get back up there also. 

Paige just said to me last evening that she hasn’t missed a sled trip in Dubreuilville since she was 7 years old.  
She could make it to Hornepayne awake, but after eating at the 4 Steven’s she was always asleep by the Kabinakagami River and her helmet hit the kill switch at least once on the way back. 

She is 27 now.....

4914C4A9-6216-4732-93D6-043836D68831.png

• Like 3

i can remember katie doing the same. scared she was going to break her neck, with it flopping around. :D

I am sure you are very proud of her, and Graham. they both turned out to be great people. shows their mom and dad did it right!

when school is over, she will be able to take care of herself financially for the rest of her life, without depending on someone else. that is all we as parents can hope for. proud to call you all friends!

Ski

• Thanks 1

We are hoping that some of us can make it to the area this season.  We are planning on it, of course pending covid restrictions.  Like AC+YA and SKI said, i hope that the fuel and food places can make it a go for next season,  if restrictions keep us Ontario guys from going up this season.

• Like 3